“Great price and takes dogs too (at no extra cost)!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Ashburn
Hampton, Virginia
“Great price and takes dogs too (at no extra cost)!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

When traveling with your pets, you can't beat this place or the price. This is the 2nd aloft hotel that we have used. Both are consistent in their upbeat vibe, cleanliness and room layout. The rooms are small, but well designed. The beds are comfortable. Each room has a flat screen with premium cable channels. The only negative is the lack of bathroom privacy. This hotel had a full bar and a skilled bartender. It also offers a good food selection. For the money, I have not found a better chain. I highly recommend this aloft properties.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we are glad you enjoyed your stay experience. We would agree that not only are we one of few 'Pet Friendly" hotels in our area, we offer some of the most attractive rate plans that meet all of our guests needs. We are working hard to make sure our WXYZ bar experience is attractive and would also agree that our Mixologist does a grea job serving and our food offerings are more than adequate for our travelers.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

354 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Decided to give this hotel a try for Valentines Day. Very trendy furniture in lobby and rooms. Great bar and lounge area with pool tables. Nice flat screen tv in room with stylish furniture. Definitely a good value for the price.

• Stayed February 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I can't begin to say enough positive things about my experiences at the Aloft Dulles. I'm a frequent guest of hotels due to the nature of my profession, and the Aloft Dulles exceeds my expectations each and every stay.
The team members are beyond great; They are absolutely exceptional! With an uncanny knack of placing you at ease at the end of a long and stressful day, they go out of their way to make you feel welcomed, appreciated and well looked after. The rooms are clean, fresh and smart.
At the Aloft Dulles I can always look forward to friendly smiles, warm greetings and outstanding customer service. This is my #1 choice home away from home.

• Stayed July 2013
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The design of the room was cool. It had what you needed and had modern touches. There were some scuff marks on the walls and I wasn't a big fan of the communal (like in a fitness club's showers) shower gel and shampoo, but it was fine for the price.

However, I felt like I had checked into a youth hostel or a dorm. I had to wait at the front desk (since the kiosks didn't work) for the attendants to come out from the back room (one of whom was still there when I checked out in the morning, and was playing ping pong in the lobby with one of his friends). When they finally came out to the desk to check me in, one attendant told me I looked tired (and not in a sympathetic way!) and the other announced my room number so loudly, I'm certain the entire lobby heard him. Ordinarily I don't think about the age of the people who work at a front desk, but here, it felt like this was these people's summer job and they weren't taking it too seriously. The walls of the room were also super thin - I had the baseball game on TV and could still hear what sounded like a college party in the next room - and both elevators had blankets up on the walls like someone was moving their household goods into the hotel. When I checked out, I asked for a receipt since I had just handed over my credit card, and I was told since I direct billed (through Hotwire), I couldn't get one. Which is not acceptable to me.

I get that a Aloft hotel is not a real W hotel, but I expected a higher level of professionalism from this staff and a bit better maintenance of the facilities. I'd stay at Aloft again - just not this one!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I'm dissapointed to hear that you did not enjoy the Aloft experience. We are a unique hotel that offers our guest space outside of the normal. Our environment is very eclectic, hip and modern and our talent is comprable.

Most of our guest 'try us" and appreciate the unique experience. I hope that you will do the same, as we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I’m sure this was a great place when it opened 5 years ago but since then it looks like everything has gone downhill, they have not put a penny into anything to say its frayed around the edges is an understatement. Checkout my picture of the main lobby furniture and of the large square settee without a back or arms I took a close up of one of the corners of this settee and you will see this is indicative of the condition of the rest of this hotel, the room rugs were filthy the place is dirty. When I tried calling down to the lobby for a wake-up call no one would answer the phone never again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am please to share since your visit we have upgraded our lobby funiture. We would agree that after 5-years our property is showing normal "wear and tear" and we are working to improve and upkeep our hotel.

Thanks you once again for your stay and comments. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed here on business for a few nights. The room was spacious and clean, although oddly laid out. Property seems to be in need of some minor upkeep: scratches and stains on walls in the room, torn and tattered furniture in a few places in the lobby. Bar was good enough, but seemed to just about always be closed (apparently doesn't stay open past 10:30-11:00pm). All in all, not bad, and very convenient, but could use a few improvements.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you. We are so glad you found our location ideal and our talent so friendly and helpful. We are constantly looking to upgrade our property conditions and the items that you notice during your visit. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Aloha,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Because of the location I frequently use this a loft for my business travel. The staff is very welcoming, and knowledgeable of the local area. Rachel Joffrions humor, hospitality & wit are very welcomed attributes for the frequent, weary traveler. The next best thing to actually being home!!

• Stayed July 2013
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
I appreciate you taking to the time to share your experience! I am very pleased to hear that we are able to create a memorable experience for you and always exceed your expectations. I will share your kind feedback with Rachel and our talents. We are looking forward to connecting with your on your next visit.

Aloha,

Ralph Shorter

Been to Aloft Dulles Airport North? Share your experiences!