“Awful experience...stay away from this one!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Ashburn
Denver, Colorado
“Awful experience...stay away from this one!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This hotel was a nightmare. The rooms are not clean and the service is inefficient. I had asked for a wakeup call and did not even get that - unfortunately I was late for a very important meeting. As a SPG privilege member, my humble advice to all of you is to stay away from this property.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel...there is one next door to this one.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
I apologize for your poor experience and will review the housekeeping/Front Desk challenges with our team. Our goal is to always exceed the expectations of our guest. Thank you again for your visit and my apologies again for your disappointing experience.

363 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We recently were sent here by our airline after weather delays caused us to miss our connecting flight and no others were available until the next night. The shuttle was convenient and quick and yes, while this hotel is not exactly right by the airport, it is pretty nearby so it was still easy access. The hotel has a very modern look and a cool, urban vibe. The guy at the check in desk was very helpful, nice, and more than accommodating even though we staggered in disheveled and exhausted after our travel woes. The beds were comfy and the room was clean and well-enough appointed and oh-so-much-better than the airport floor! If you are a traveler in need of a quick respite, this hotel will be the shoe that fits.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you so much for taking your time and writing this great review about our property. It was a pleasure to have you here as our guest, and I am very pleased to learn that our service met your expectations. We do concur that we are one of the most convenient hotel in the Dulles area and we strive with exceeding our guest expectations. We will look forward to welcome you back soon!

Aloha,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Made my booking via Amtrak. Coincidentally stated the wrong date in my booking but Aloft obliged by accepting a change in date despite the conditions stating otherwise. I just needed to call the hotel and the shuttle was there to pick me up at the airport terminal within 20 minutes as indicated. Checking in was quick and my first impression of the hotel was COOL...
The decor was modern and catchy with nice music playing. It was a totally different atmosphere than any other hotel that i'd ever been to. The room was again COOL with a unique layout again unlike any other hotel. Comfortable bed (altho pillows were rather small), big screen TV, powerful air-conditioning... What more could you ask for?
The shuttle was available 24 hours and will take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel and will also pick you up. just call the hotel and tell them when and where.
Unfortunate that i was only staying for one night. I would strongly recommend this hotel for a lone traveller.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room on the highest floor as it could get pretty noisy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you. We are so glad you found our location ideal and our talent so friendly and helpful. We would agree that our hotel is savvy and sassy, offering an experience different from others. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Aloha,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed here because of a 24 hour layover. As frustrating as that was the hotel, itself, and the staff were fantastic. Shuttle service to and from the airport, as well as nearby places is a nice option. If you're lucky enough to have Rachel Joffrion serve you at the front desk, your stay will be even be more pleasant. She made my stay as stress-free as possible, arranging shuttles, suggesting places to see, restaurants to go to, things to do to kill the time during my layover.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel has excellent accomodations, great staff, and tremendous value. businesshe atmosphere is laid back and not uptight like most hotels and has live music events to add to its trendy swag factor.

I have enjoyed my stay there and would highly recommend the hotel for your business or travel needs.

• Stayed June 2013
ralph S, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
We are pleased you enjoyed your visit and found our location ideal for your needs. We would also agree that we foster the perfect balance of a comfortable stay within a relaxing atmosphere. Thank you for your business we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Yonkers, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

When you have a company rate, they love to stick you by the elevator. I didn’t ask to moved, I didn’t think it would be that noisy. Big mistake! Night one between the AC that can’t be controlled and the elevator, I was up every hour. We also had breakfast included and the vouchers were not given to us. I had to ask for them the next day. I didn’t need to show them the confirmation; it was already in the system, which tells me the front desk person didn’t bother to look when we arrived.
I come back from my meeting after my first night staying at the hotel and the room has been cleaned. I sit on the bed and to my surprise and amazement; there are nail clippings on the sheets and on the floor near the bed. Hmmmm…. I already slept in that bed and those clippings were not mine. So this means the sheets were not changed before I arrived, they just remade the bed and gave me the room and obviously, the person who stayed there before me, cut their nails in bed! How lovely….so I called the front desk and told them. He didn’t understand what a nail clipping was; I had to explain that to him. He says to me, ok I’ll change your room, no apology, no refund. Off to room number 2, so much quieter, this was great. Clean….not so much. I took a shower and as the steam began to cover the glass a big man handprint was on the glass. So now I have to visualize someone else using this shower. I know things happen in hotels but to get a visual because the room isn’t cleaned properly is unacceptable. Also the water pooled in the shower and the cleaning person didn’t push it down the drain so it sat there the whole day. The rooms are also poorly decorated and depressing. The breakfast is ok but I’d rather pay extra to have a full breakfast or a better selection.
Poor customer service and untrained employees
So my co-worker and I decide to go to a place about 2.5 miles away called the V Brewery. She wanted to take the hotel shuttle. They informed her they would pick us up unless the shuttle was doing airport runs, if that was the case they would get us a cab. 11:30 pm rolls around and I call the shuttle. They tell me they can’t pick us up because of airport runs. I said ok give me the number to a cab, since he clearly was not going to call for us. He gives me a number to a “cab” I swear it was someone who was sleeping after I called 3 or 4 times he finally picked up and he sounded half asleep and said we were too far. I called every cab in Virginia, NO ONE would come get us. I called the hotel again about the shuttle and they said no. So it’s now 1:30AM and I was about to walk the 2.5 miles….it’s drizzling, cold and miserable. And I googled the distance and directions out of desperation. Literally 100 feet away is the Embassy Suites, we decide to go in and BEG for a ride. Come to find out that Embassy Suites handles the Aloft shuttle service. The person at the front desk apologized for the Aloft and said they didn’t tell us you were literally right here, of course we’ll take you back. I was floored. I can’t believe that the front desk person at the Aloft, who knew exactly where we were didn’t ask, he rather have two customers stranded in the dark waiting for an imaginary cab for hours.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Luis K, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you to write a long review regarding your recent stay with us. We are fortunate to have this kind of reviews from our guest's to correct the problems occuring when they are in our property.

I am sincerely apologize to you for all these problems you have been going through and also I will assure you that in future we will do our best service possible for your upcoming stay with us.

Thank you for your valuable feedback.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I am originally from the area and one of the best things about this hotel is the location. It is located right off the tollroad and everything, including the airport, is so easily accessible whether it is from their shuttle or not. The rooms are spacious and nice, the decor in the hotel is nice and unique, and I thought the staff was great. If you are just passing through the area to visit family, like I was, or you need a place to stay during your travels then this is a perfect option. However, if you are expecting a Disney type resort then clearly you were looking at the wrong hotels anyway. My one complaint would be the lack of room service, but even that was tempered by their "refuel" options that I found nice, even if it was slightly expensive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your valuable review. I hope to see you again in our Aloft and enjoy your stay..

Been to Aloft Dulles Airport North? Share your experiences!