“Loved the funky vibe! Great for Stay, Park and Ride!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Ashburn
Baltimore, Maryland
“Loved the funky vibe! Great for Stay, Park and Ride!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I booked this for my hubby and I for a cruise we were taking. While we only live a few miles from BWI, I could not find airfare to Fort Lauderdale for less than $800 RT. I found airfare from Dulles for $398 RT. We considered having our kids drop us at the airport, but DC traffic is abominable at best. I checked a few sites recommended by frequent cruisers and came up with booking through Stay1-2-3 for this property. This proved to be a great option for us as we had an early AM flight to Florida.

We were greeted warmly by the hotel staff upon our arrival. I was sort of concerned since I had booked through a third party site because of problems I have had in the past of the reservation even being on the books, but it was there. She answered all our questions, booked the shuttle to the airport, gave us suggestions on restaurants since we didn't know the area and told us where to park our car for the 9 days we were to be away. Totally loved the urban vibe going on with the lobby and ALL staff we met were very friendly and helpful!

Our room was nice...fourth floor king. Definitely no complaints there. There were a few things that I would change. A night light in the bath area would be great! Turning on the lights was a little goofy and I couldn't see and ended up turning all the lights on in the room during the night. We never did figure out what one of the switches did. Waking my hubby up did NOT make me happy though! The shower was nice and big....REALLY LIKED the bath area. Complimentary shower gel and shampoo worked well! Bed was uber comfy! The heater/AC was an odd sort of set up as another person wrote, but we didn't use it at all....I could see where it would be an issue though. Free coffee in the lobby would be preferable for those leaving for early AM flights, but we made it in the room (Love the fact there are paper goods and a single cup brewer to make coffee in...no worries on how things were cleaned!) and it was all good. There were some dings on the wall from the computer chair being moved against the wall....not a deal breaker, but we did notice it. I just chalked it up to people need to be a little careful. Our phone wake up call went fine, but we couldn't get it turned off...we finally figured it out (or it might have defaulted after five times ringing, who knows?) so the next time we will look before we have the option set up....to be honest, my cell phone worked just as good (I had never set up the alarm on it before), so I may not even have the hotel set it the next trip. My only real grip would be the pillows....full size would be great. I felt like they had decorative pillows on the bed. They just aren't big enough and my hubby took the third one so I was left with one tiny one. Definitely a suggestion I would throw Westin's way!

We had shuttle service to and from the airport. I know others have commented they had issues catching the shuttle on the way back, but we had no issues getting it at all. Our car was safe the entire week. As this is the first time we have ever parked the car and left it for the week, we had an initial concern about since we own convertible two seaters. The car was fine...no problems at all! All in all a great experience and we expect to book the Aloft once again as we will be flying out of Dulles in December for another cruise I have book I got airfare for the two of us for $200 RT!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Luis K, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
"WOW", thank you so much for the amazing feedback! I am really happy to hear that our team made your stay exceptional. It's always nice to hear such great motivating feedback which I will make sure to share with our team. I will definitely look into the complimentary coffee for our early morning guests that have reserved park and fly's. We hope that you folks do come see us again soon!

Once again, thank you so much for your generous feedback and cant wait to see you again!

Thanks,

354 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Frostburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Aloft has this bar thing going on in the lobby; some very pretty women in black dresses obviously hired by the hotel to keep things going on until 10 or so. Excellent rooms, no ice unless you go to the lobby. Transport to Dulles is very good, as well as pickup.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
We appreciate your feedback! I would like to thank you for the nice feedback on our guest transportation. We unfortunately do not have ladies in black dresses working for WXYZ but will take your compliment! We hope to see you again soon!

Norfolk VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a early morning flight our of IAD and was really surprised at the service and value for the money.

This is a really cool and trendy hotel with modern decor and really friendly service from the hotel staff. The rooms were very comfortable and had plenty of room for the price. the room was clean very modern and comfortable. The offered shuttle service from the hotel to the airport and back on every hour and half an hour. The price for the room included the parking fee of the car and the car was not touched and seems to have a great lighted parking lot.

Booked the hotel directly from the website and was able to get a much better deal than anywhere on the net.

I would stay here every time I will fly out of IAD and am looking forward to my next return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you, for the wonderful feedback!

We "LOVE" to hear great feedback on our service! I am excited to hear that my team was able to provide such great feedback along with excellent transportation. We truly value your business and cannot wait until we see you again! I will make sure to share your amazing experience to the entire team at the Aloft Dulles North!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

This is a new funky idea of a hotel. But really not for me. The staff way young and aloof. Our shuttle to and from the hotel was late and crowded. They even overbooked the shuttle in the morning and wanted us to wait a cab and possibly be late for our flight. Maybe I am old school but, the decor was way to contemporary as well. Just not my cup of tea.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We greatly appreciate your honest feedback on our services and your outlook of our hotel. We also understand you have many options for lodging while travelling to the Dulles area. I am very apologetic for the shuttle issues during your stay with us and will make sure this issues is corrected moving forward. The Aloft brand is a new and emerging concept that brings creativity and vibe to our brand. I'm sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the look look and feel of Aloft. We hope that you give us another try in the near future and "Thank you" for staying Starwood!

Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Aloft near Dulles at the end of March on a recent trip and enjoyed the stay and the cost. We were able to book the hotel for one night for only $56. We didn't arrive until around 9:30, but were checked-in with our key in under one minute (fastest I have ever encountered). I had requested a room on a higher floor and were granted a room on the top floor and the room keys were already scanned and ready. The room was clean with some visibly wear and tear (scratches on the wall, cracked bathroom door mirror and cracked drywall, nothing to out of the ordinary. The bed was comfortable and the room AC/Heat unit worked well. We did not hear any noise from other guests even though based on the filled parking lot the hotel was pretty full. We took the complimentary water bottles and my wife made a cup of coffee in the morning. Check-out was just as easy as check-in.

Just a heads up, if you are coming from I-495 and Tyson's Corner, you will pay about $7-8 in tolls to get to the hotel. I should have checked this before going as their was an alternate route from the direction we were coming that avoided these toll roads and only added 5 additional minutes to the trip duration.

Room Tip: Just a heads up, if you are coming from I-495 and Tyson's Corner, you will pay about $7-8 in tol...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Luis K, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest

You are very important to us!
On behalf of the entire team at the Aloft Dulles North, I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel & for giving us such a great rating. I hope that your stay was delightful. We hope that you will return again when next business or leisure brings you to the Ashburn area. We value your business and promise that we will never take it for granted. If there is anything that we could have done to make your stay better, kindly let me know.
If I can assist with anything before or during your next visit, kindly give me a call.

Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a good nights rest preceding an early flight the next day. The hotel is showing a bit of age, although many sites have stated that it is brand new. The cushions in the lobby are worn through, as was the carpet in our room. One of the walls had also been considerably marked up by the desk chair; it just looked shabby. It is a change of pace however when compared to "normal" hotel rooms; this one had a modern look. The shuttle drivers were very friendly and helpful. The second driver gave us directions on how to avoid the tolls when driving back to Alexandria which saved us almost $7.00.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the constructive feedback!

On behalf of the entire team at the Aloft Dulles North, I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel & for giving us such a positive rating. I hope that your stay was delightful. I undestand that you had some concerns with the wear and tear with some of the furniture and wallpaper and would like to inform you that these items will all be replaced soon! We hope that you will return again when next business or leisure brings you to the Ashburn area. We value your business and promise that we will never take it for granted. If there is anything that we could have done to make your stay better, kindly let me know.

Lanai, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel the night prior to a very early flight. Patterned after a W Hotel, the setting is chic with great design. The staff was very friendly and the room was to my surprise very nice. Designed "loft style", it makes one feel you're in NY at a swanky neighborhood.

Very nice amenities and very clean with a comfortable bed, work area, bathroom and furnishings. They offer a 24 hour airport shuttle complimentary.

The only thing is...there's no bellmen and the hotel has a nice bar but no restaurant. Food is available in a "kiosk" type setup and they have a cool "sundry bar"....this obviously didn't take away from the great experience as one, I can pull my own luggage and two, I had already had dinner. But these are good things to know if you're a newcomer to this brand.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest

You are very important to us!

Luis Kuglitsch

Been to Aloft Dulles Airport North? Share your experiences!