“Very Good for Park and Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Ashburn
Alexandria, Virginia
“Very Good for Park and Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a good nights rest preceding an early flight the next day. The hotel is showing a bit of age, although many sites have stated that it is brand new. The cushions in the lobby are worn through, as was the carpet in our room. One of the walls had also been considerably marked up by the desk chair; it just looked shabby. It is a change of pace however when compared to "normal" hotel rooms; this one had a modern look. The shuttle drivers were very friendly and helpful. The second driver gave us directions on how to avoid the tolls when driving back to Alexandria which saved us almost $7.00.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Luis K, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thanks for the constructive feedback!

On behalf of the entire team at the Aloft Dulles North, I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel & for giving us such a positive rating. I hope that your stay was delightful. I undestand that you had some concerns with the wear and tear with some of the furniture and wallpaper and would like to inform you that these items will all be replaced soon! We hope that you will return again when next business or leisure brings you to the Ashburn area. We value your business and promise that we will never take it for granted. If there is anything that we could have done to make your stay better, kindly let me know.
If I can assist with anything before or during your next visit, kindly give me a call.

351 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Lanai, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel the night prior to a very early flight. Patterned after a W Hotel, the setting is chic with great design. The staff was very friendly and the room was to my surprise very nice. Designed "loft style", it makes one feel you're in NY at a swanky neighborhood.

Very nice amenities and very clean with a comfortable bed, work area, bathroom and furnishings. They offer a 24 hour airport shuttle complimentary.

The only thing is...there's no bellmen and the hotel has a nice bar but no restaurant. Food is available in a "kiosk" type setup and they have a cool "sundry bar"....this obviously didn't take away from the great experience as one, I can pull my own luggage and two, I had already had dinner. But these are good things to know if you're a newcomer to this brand.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest

You are very important to us!

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at the Aloft for two nights and had a great time. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the Front Desk was friendly. I grabbed a wrap for lunch; it was fresh, something I would have expected from good deli or sandwich place. The BAR was busy, but service was still good. The internet worked well and my room was quiet even though I could tell the hotel was busy. Overall a great place to stay when traveling to Dulles.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the great feedback!!!

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere along with your great wrap! On behalf of the entire team at the Aloft Dulles North, I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel & for giving us such a great rating. I hope that your stay was delightful. We hope that you will return again when next business or leisure brings you to the Ashburn area. We value your business and promise that we will never take it for granted. If there is anything that we could have done to make your stay better, kindly let me know.

Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed in Aloft in Asburn, VA, on a stay, park and fly deal, which was quite a bargain. First time visitors, we were impressed by the modern factory decor of the public area and the comfort of our room. The room wanted nothing but an extra chair to use at the second work table. And therein lies the design flaw. That second, fixed table under a window is above the a/c unit. So ... the dry hot air (or cold dry air in summer) is deflected right across the bed at sleeping height. We had to drape towels (weighted down with carry-on bags) from the table's edge; the only other choice was to turn off the heating and be cold. I'm not sure how Aloft fixes this, but removing the redundant table and supplying an extra chair would do the trick. Is this a problem with all Aloft Hotel designs? Anyway, stay but be innovative in coping with a design the architects never dummied up and tested themselves.

Room Tip: Ask if there are rooms where the a/c unit doesn't blow across the bed!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We "Thank you" for the constructive feedback and for the good rating! I would first off like to apologize for the HVAC flaw that you mentioned and will make sure to make a note of this to provide to our Brand as this is how most Aloft's were designed. We hope that you will return again when next business or leisure brings you to the Ashburn area. We value your business and promise that we will never take it for granted. If there is anything that we could have done to make your stay better, kindly let me know.

Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Aloft Dulles Airport Northexudes an air or modern architecture and furnishings and providing a slew of amenities. The lobby area is comfortable and unique, in the style of a boutique hotel. They have a restaurant, bar and seating area, on the first floor. Although I did not use the swimming pool or fitness center, they both looked nice. There is plenty of parking, around the hotel. The one staff person I interacted with, during check-in, was friendly and explained all of the hotel's amenities.

The room is very nice with modern decor. Bath amenities (shower is wonderful) are a welcome change from your normal hotel bathrooms. The bed was comfortable and pillows were just right. As some others have mentioned, improvements in cleaning by housekeeping would be welcome (I found some old bottles in the trash cans).

The one area of concern is the lack of restaurants, in the area. The hotel is situated in a rapidly developing area of Ashburn, Virginia. So, over the next couple of years, this area is bound to get more eating establishments. However, for now, you will have to drive to the nearest eateries or use the on-premise restaurant.

Overall, a wonderful stay. I will return to this hotel, for the right price - I got a good rate through priceline.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate the great feedback and good recommendations!

On behalf of the entire team at the Aloft Dulles North, I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel & for giving us such a great rating. Also, we have quite a few restaurants nearby the hotel which are within a few miles from the hotel.I hope that your stay was delightful. We hope that you will return again when next business or leisure brings you to the Ashburn area. We value your business and promise that we will never take it for granted. If there is anything that we could have done to make your stay better, kindly let me know.

Lost River, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Seriously, we do. Both my partner and I have business in Ashburn 5 days a week now and commute in from WV on the Harrisonburg side which is 2.5 hours each way. This hip, stylist hotel offered a great corporate rate and has everything you could hope for. Great caring staff, restaurant, self serve coffee and food, bar, gym, pool, cool rooms with amazing showers. I will say it does need a facelift in the carpeting and window blinds.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thanks for the amazing rating!!! On behalf of the entire team at the Aloft Dulles North, I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel & for giving us such a great rating. I hope that your stay was delightful. We hope that you will return again when next business or leisure brings you to the Ashburn area. We value your business and promise that we will never take it for granted. If there is anything that we could have done to make your stay better, kindly let me know.

During your next visit with us, please stop by our Aloha desk and ask for me as I would love to meet the both of you!

Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Out of all the alofts that I've stayed at, this one is excellent. Always a friendly hello at the front desk and fresh cold orange water. Room was excellent and I'm actually a big fan of Bliss spas so the amenities are a nice touch.

Bed was extremely comfortable, parking was quite ample and I didn't hear any noise.

Thank you aloft Dulles Airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
We love you amazing feedback and will keep making sure that we will up to your expectations!

Luis Kuglitsch

Been to Aloft Dulles Airport North? Share your experiences!