“Fun and comfortable stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
North Carolina
“Fun and comfortable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at the Aloft for two nights and had a great time. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the Front Desk was friendly. I grabbed a wrap for lunch; it was fresh, something I would have expected from good deli or sandwich place. The BAR was busy, but service was still good. The internet worked well and my room was quiet even though I could tell the hotel was busy. Overall a great place to stay when traveling to Dulles.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Luis K, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thanks for the great feedback!!!

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere along with your great wrap! On behalf of the entire team at the Aloft Dulles North, I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel & for giving us such a great rating. I hope that your stay was delightful. We hope that you will return again when next business or leisure brings you to the Ashburn area. We value your business and promise that we will never take it for granted. If there is anything that we could have done to make your stay better, kindly let me know.
If I can assist with anything before or during your next visit, kindly give me a call.

Luis Kuglitsch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed in Aloft in Asburn, VA, on a stay, park and fly deal, which was quite a bargain. First time visitors, we were impressed by the modern factory decor of the public area and the comfort of our room. The room wanted nothing but an extra chair to use at the second work table. And therein lies the design flaw. That second, fixed table under a window is above the a/c unit. So ... the dry hot air (or cold dry air in summer) is deflected right across the bed at sleeping height. We had to drape towels (weighted down with carry-on bags) from the table's edge; the only other choice was to turn off the heating and be cold. I'm not sure how Aloft fixes this, but removing the redundant table and supplying an extra chair would do the trick. Is this a problem with all Aloft Hotel designs? Anyway, stay but be innovative in coping with a design the architects never dummied up and tested themselves.

Room Tip: Ask if there are rooms where the a/c unit doesn't blow across the bed!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We "Thank you" for the constructive feedback and for the good rating! I would first off like to apologize for the HVAC flaw that you mentioned and will make sure to make a note of this to provide to our Brand as this is how most Aloft's were designed. We hope that you will return again when next business or leisure brings you to the Ashburn area. We value your business and promise that we will never take it for granted. If there is anything that we could have done to make your stay better, kindly let me know.

Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Aloft Dulles Airport Northexudes an air or modern architecture and furnishings and providing a slew of amenities. The lobby area is comfortable and unique, in the style of a boutique hotel. They have a restaurant, bar and seating area, on the first floor. Although I did not use the swimming pool or fitness center, they both looked nice. There is plenty of parking, around the hotel. The one staff person I interacted with, during check-in, was friendly and explained all of the hotel's amenities.

The room is very nice with modern decor. Bath amenities (shower is wonderful) are a welcome change from your normal hotel bathrooms. The bed was comfortable and pillows were just right. As some others have mentioned, improvements in cleaning by housekeeping would be welcome (I found some old bottles in the trash cans).

The one area of concern is the lack of restaurants, in the area. The hotel is situated in a rapidly developing area of Ashburn, Virginia. So, over the next couple of years, this area is bound to get more eating establishments. However, for now, you will have to drive to the nearest eateries or use the on-premise restaurant.

Overall, a wonderful stay. I will return to this hotel, for the right price - I got a good rate through priceline.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate the great feedback and good recommendations!

On behalf of the entire team at the Aloft Dulles North, I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel & for giving us such a great rating. Also, we have quite a few restaurants nearby the hotel which are within a few miles from the hotel.I hope that your stay was delightful. We hope that you will return again when next business or leisure brings you to the Ashburn area. We value your business and promise that we will never take it for granted. If there is anything that we could have done to make your stay better, kindly let me know.

Lost River, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Seriously, we do. Both my partner and I have business in Ashburn 5 days a week now and commute in from WV on the Harrisonburg side which is 2.5 hours each way. This hip, stylist hotel offered a great corporate rate and has everything you could hope for. Great caring staff, restaurant, self serve coffee and food, bar, gym, pool, cool rooms with amazing showers. I will say it does need a facelift in the carpeting and window blinds.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thanks for the amazing rating!!! On behalf of the entire team at the Aloft Dulles North, I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel & for giving us such a great rating. I hope that your stay was delightful. We hope that you will return again when next business or leisure brings you to the Ashburn area. We value your business and promise that we will never take it for granted. If there is anything that we could have done to make your stay better, kindly let me know.

During your next visit with us, please stop by our Aloha desk and ask for me as I would love to meet the both of you!

Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Out of all the alofts that I've stayed at, this one is excellent. Always a friendly hello at the front desk and fresh cold orange water. Room was excellent and I'm actually a big fan of Bliss spas so the amenities are a nice touch.

Bed was extremely comfortable, parking was quite ample and I didn't hear any noise.

Thank you aloft Dulles Airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
We love you amazing feedback and will keep making sure that we will up to your expectations!

Washington DC area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed one night at the Aloft Dulles in February as I had a very early flight out of Dulles. I was gone for 13 days and staying at the Aloft the night before my flight. The free parking while I was away and airport shuttle benefits were more cost-effective and convenient than me trying to drive from home in the wee hours of the morning to the Dulles economy lot. The walls were a bit thin but the room was comfortable and the staff were very nice. A restaurant would have been nice, but since I left at 5am I probably would have missed breakfast anyway. I recommend Aloft for anyone flying early out of Dulles and will use them again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest

You are very important to us!

Okinawa-shi, Okinawa, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice and I think I have found a new favorite chain of hotels. When you walk in, the lobby is filled with comfy chairs, chic pillows, a pool table, tv's, etc. The staff is beyond friendly and helpful and they really seem to enjoy their job...which is refreshing for a hotel. Everything is modern and up-to-date. I could not believe the low price for such a quality hotel. They are also pet friendly and do not charge extra for your furry friend to stay with you. It is conveniently located to the airport and they offer a free shuttle. I definitely recommend this hotel and plan on seeking out other locations when I travel. Thanks for the wonderful service Aloft!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Luis K, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
I would like to " Thank you" for the wonderful feedback and also great recommendation! I am glad to hear that you really enjoyed the look and feel of our Aloft and that its your second visit back to us! We are excited to to know that you will be staying Aloft moving forward!

We hope to see you back soon!

Luis Kuglitsch

Been to Aloft Dulles Airport North? Share your experiences!