“Convenient for park & fly” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Ashburn
Washington DC area
“Convenient for park & fly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed one night at the Aloft Dulles in February as I had a very early flight out of Dulles. I was gone for 13 days and staying at the Aloft the night before my flight. The free parking while I was away and airport shuttle benefits were more cost-effective and convenient than me trying to drive from home in the wee hours of the morning to the Dulles economy lot. The walls were a bit thin but the room was comfortable and the staff were very nice. A restaurant would have been nice, but since I left at 5am I probably would have missed breakfast anyway. I recommend Aloft for anyone flying early out of Dulles and will use them again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Luis K, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest

You are very important to us!
On behalf of the entire team at the Aloft Dulles North, I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel & for giving us such a great rating. I hope that your stay was delightful. We hope that you will return again when next business or leisure brings you to the Ashburn area. We value your business and promise that we will never take it for granted. If there is anything that we could have done to make your stay better, kindly let me know.
If I can assist with anything before or during your next visit, kindly give me a call.

364 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Okinawa-shi, Okinawa, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice and I think I have found a new favorite chain of hotels. When you walk in, the lobby is filled with comfy chairs, chic pillows, a pool table, tv's, etc. The staff is beyond friendly and helpful and they really seem to enjoy their job...which is refreshing for a hotel. Everything is modern and up-to-date. I could not believe the low price for such a quality hotel. They are also pet friendly and do not charge extra for your furry friend to stay with you. It is conveniently located to the airport and they offer a free shuttle. I definitely recommend this hotel and plan on seeking out other locations when I travel. Thanks for the wonderful service Aloft!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Luis K, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
I would like to " Thank you" for the wonderful feedback and also great recommendation! I am glad to hear that you really enjoyed the look and feel of our Aloft and that its your second visit back to us! We are excited to to know that you will be staying Aloft moving forward!

We hope to see you back soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Great service, but the walls are so paper thin it's almost unreal. I could hear the whole conversation next to us! However, they guy at the front desk was super nice and was able to just move us to a different room.

• Stayed March 2013
We "Thank you" for your feedback and apologize for the noise that your encountered during your stay with us. I am happy to hear that my team took great care of you during your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Thank you for staying Aloft!

D.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed : Mar 1-3, 2013 - Friday to Sunday

The Good: Staff is friendly. Location is great for airport run in the early AM. Bar area was hopping on the weekend we were there with live music.

The So-So: As with all Aloft's the decor is modern and will either fit your tastes or won't. It is better than the Aloft in Overland Park, Kansas for sure. Movies are EXPENSIVE as others have mentioned.

The Bad: Air Conditioner/Heater in room 304 is L-O-U-D!! I guess we a re pretty light sleepers, but this thing kicks in with a huge THUD when it turns on. Very bad for a good night's sleep. I have had the same issue with the Overland Park Aloft, so I have to assume it is the type of AC/Heater they choose to install. Also, there are two gas stations right in front of the hotel with the normal door slam voice, etc. Also at 4am on Saturday, the trash truck came and picked up and DROPPED off the new dumpster. Nice! :-(

Better Options: Westin in Reston. It has all of the same amenities, PLUS has a restaurant (awesome but expensive), and is $99 v. $72 on the weekends. They have free parking and a free shuttle to the airport as well. About the same distance as the Aloft from the airport and you get all the Starwood benefits. If you can spare the difference in the room rate, TRUST ME, you are better off.

I have to give up on Aloft unless I have no other Starwood options. The overall value for the money is decent, but you can usually do MUCH better all around.

Room Tip: Get a room facing AWAY from the Gas Stations
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your valuable feedback and for staying with us during your trip to the Dulles Market. I would like to take the time to simply apologize for the AC noise issue and will inform our engineering team on this matter. I am sorry to hear that that Aloft does not meet your needs, however if your ever return to the area, please reach out to me and I will make certain that you have a good nights rest!

Yours truly,

charlottesville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My friend and i took advantage of Aloft's stay/park/fly deal. For $115 we spent the night prior to our morning flight and parked for 7 additional nights. The hotel is clean with modern decor. There is an indoor pool, free wi-fi & computers with printer in the lobby, and there's a bar & restraunt on the premises. The hotel provides 24hr shuttle service to and from the airport. All the staff were freindly and helpful. I would definitely take advantage of this stay/park/fly deal in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Luis K, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
We greatly appreciate your wonderful feedback and great recommendation for Park & Fly! I am happy to hear that you took advantage of our great park and fly specials and that it met your needs. I hope that our team took great care of your needs during your short stay with us. We hope to see you again really soon!

Thank you for staying, Aloft!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Cool place, modern room but all movies were pay per view. Bring you own hdmi or rca cable to watch from your computer because there is an easy plug in point. Comfy bed and we enjoyed our single sunday night here. Shuttle to airport was right on time, only took 10-15mins.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We greatly appreciate your kind feedback and really enjoyed having you stay with us! We thank you for recommending our Aloft hotel. We hope to see you come back soon!

Thanks for staying, Aloft!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

As I checked in the girl at front desk was extremely nice. Lobby is very modern and hip. They offered me a complimentary breakfast! Parking is free. They have an indoor pool and nice gym! Would 100% go back and stay there!

• Stayed February 2013
We want to "Thank you" for your wonderful feedback and recommendation! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and that our talent was helpful. We look forward to your next visit and once again we appreciate your feedback.

Come back soon!

Luis Kuglitsch

Been to Aloft Dulles Airport North? Share your experiences!