“Amazing staff!!! Very friendly! Hip cool modern hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
“Amazing staff!!! Very friendly! Hip cool modern hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

As I checked in the girl at front desk was extremely nice. Lobby is very modern and hip. They offered me a complimentary breakfast! Parking is free. They have an indoor pool and nice gym! Would 100% go back and stay there!

• Stayed February 2013
Luis K, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
We want to "Thank you" for your wonderful feedback and recommendation! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and that our talent was helpful. We look forward to your next visit and once again we appreciate your feedback.

Come back soon!

Luis Kuglitsch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Delayed departure from Boston, missed my flight to Copenhagen. Next flight was 24H later so needed a overnight stay. Very modern hotel with a lot of plugins at the room for electronic. Lounge and bar with bar meals. For breakfast I recommend to go to next door hotel. They have excellent shuttle service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Luis K, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
We "Thank" and appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team. We hope to see you come back soon!

Capon Bridge, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We discovered Aloft Dulles searching for a "park and fly" hotel near Dulles where we could leave our car for a week. Good price, good location for us, since we head north up the Dulles Greenway toward Leesburg. It's a fun place - very modern decor - and perfect for a place to crash the night before an early flight. But for a longer stay? I'm not so sure.

On the plus side, the staff - both hotel staff and airport shuttlebus drivers - couldn't be friendlier or more helpful, and everything is clean, bright, and new. We stayed the night before our flight, arriving a bit early, before the lobby bar/restaurant opened. No restaurants visible in the area (not much but a bank, a gas station, a Hilton Garden Inn, and what looked like huge apartment complexes just down the road. We thought the location rather isolated compared to other "park & fly" hotels. Rather than mount another expedition in search of food, we tried the snack area next to the desk. It was convenient - and our chicken caesar salads, if packaged like similar food from airport stands, were fresh and quite good.

Furnishings are basic - a safe, coffee maker, and refrigerator, but no microwave. A small closet with plenty of shelves, but no drawers anywhere. Seating is at a desk in a corner opposite the foot of the bed, with a similar desk, but no chair, in the opposite corner and a padded bench stretching between them, under the wall-mounted TV. This means watching TV is awkward, except from the bed. Still, the contemporary decor is fun, and we were very happy with the room for a night's stay - even if the sliding door separating the shower and commode from the washstand area had a mind of its own and refused to stay closed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha,

We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team. We hope that you come back soon!

Thank you for staying, ALOFT!

nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

We Love it here. This is the Second time we stayed here when visiting Reston area. Very out of the box and smart. Would be better if bfast were included. The staff is very friendly and helped us find a local day spa. The valet approach to the closet area is something cruise ships should look at. The vessel sink and very big shower all feel modern and well thought out. Body wash and shampoo dispensers. Hair dryer. Iron. In room safe. Check out the floor in the elevator! Did not have a chance to use fitness center or pool-pack your bathing suit. Comfortable. Clean. There is Plenty of parking. It is Well located. It is Fun. We Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for stay ALOFT!

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The guy at the front desk was really nice and that set a good tone right from the beginning.

I love modern and contemporary styling, and I wish more hotels were like this.

My room was fairly large with 2 queen beds. Flat screen TV. You can tell they used an interior designer here to choose the color palette. Everything went together so well.

They have a free shuttle to the airport shared with the Hilton that's next door. I called the hotel when I arrived at Dulles and they said they would send out the shuttle. Some other people were already waiting for it at the bus area & they said they had been waiting for a while, so it didn't take too long to pick me up. I was surprised that they offer a shuttle, considering how far away the hotel is from the airport. It was about midnight and it took about 20 minutes to get there with no traffic.

The only negatives I would mention about my room... The place is showing its age a bit... the wallpaper has been scratched up, for example. The room just didn't smell really fresh. I pinpointed the problem to the tubular pillows that are on each bed. They are about 2-3 feet long and are permanently upholstered, so you can't just pull the cover off & wash them. They smelled like body oil (perhaps people have laid on them & over time, they start to smell like body oil). They need to find some way to wash those pillows. Other than that, I liked the room a lot.

When I'm back in the area, I will want to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
We "Thank you" for your valuable feedback and great recommendation! I am pleased to hear that our front desk agent had set a nice tone for your stay and will commend the team on this. I will share your housekeeping comments with our housekeeping Director. Once again, we greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Thanks for staying, ALOFT.

Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

While the staff of the hotel were friendly and helpful, we would not stay here again because:

1. While we were swimming in the hotel pool, another guest pulled down their swimming suit and urinated in the pool.
2. The party in the lobby lasted until 11PM, so in our 3rd floor room, the booming bass didn't stop until then, making sleep or rest difficult.
3. The bathroom door wouldn't stay shut.
4. The refridgerator was so loud, it sounded like there was heavy machinery being operated in the hallway.
5. And the final straw...a wake up call at 5 AM that we didn't set.

We were so glad to leave--it was not a nice or peaceful getaway.

Room Tip: If you don't want to hear the bass from the lobby, get the highest floor possible.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the Aloft Dulles North. I sincerely apologize for your experience at our property and appreciate your feedback. My number one priority is the health and safety of our guests. Because this incident was not reported to the property please contact me directly so I can speak directly with you about this matter

Thank you again for your feedback. I apologize again for the issues that you encountered and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to be of service again in the future.

General Manager, Aloft Dulles North
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had a cozy stay at the aloft Hotel. It has a modern decor and it was very quiet.
The breakdown:
-The beds where comfortable
-only 10 minutes from the Dulles Airport
-There is a 24 hour complimentary shuttle to the airport
-Staff were friendly and helpful
-We did have a small issue with our room not being adequately cleaned from the prior guests (but I'm hoping that this was an isolated incident).

We would return to this hotel...we'll just double check that the room has been properly cleaned before we get settled in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
You can always count on us! Thank you for your positive review. I am glad to hear that my Team has made your stay memorable. We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit soon. I apologize for the slight overlook with your room and will bring this to the attention of our housekeeping team.

General Manager, Aloft Dulles North

Been to Aloft Dulles Airport North? Share your experiences!