“Very Hip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Ashburn
nj
“Very Hip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

We Love it here. This is the Second time we stayed here when visiting Reston area. Very out of the box and smart. Would be better if bfast were included. The staff is very friendly and helped us find a local day spa. The valet approach to the closet area is something cruise ships should look at. The vessel sink and very big shower all feel modern and well thought out. Body wash and shampoo dispensers. Hair dryer. Iron. In room safe. Check out the floor in the elevator! Did not have a chance to use fitness center or pool-pack your bathing suit. Comfortable. Clean. There is Plenty of parking. It is Well located. It is Fun. We Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Luis K, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

Thank you for stay ALOFT!

364 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The guy at the front desk was really nice and that set a good tone right from the beginning.

I love modern and contemporary styling, and I wish more hotels were like this.

My room was fairly large with 2 queen beds. Flat screen TV. You can tell they used an interior designer here to choose the color palette. Everything went together so well.

They have a free shuttle to the airport shared with the Hilton that's next door. I called the hotel when I arrived at Dulles and they said they would send out the shuttle. Some other people were already waiting for it at the bus area & they said they had been waiting for a while, so it didn't take too long to pick me up. I was surprised that they offer a shuttle, considering how far away the hotel is from the airport. It was about midnight and it took about 20 minutes to get there with no traffic.

The only negatives I would mention about my room... The place is showing its age a bit... the wallpaper has been scratched up, for example. The room just didn't smell really fresh. I pinpointed the problem to the tubular pillows that are on each bed. They are about 2-3 feet long and are permanently upholstered, so you can't just pull the cover off & wash them. They smelled like body oil (perhaps people have laid on them & over time, they start to smell like body oil). They need to find some way to wash those pillows. Other than that, I liked the room a lot.

When I'm back in the area, I will want to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
We "Thank you" for your valuable feedback and great recommendation! I am pleased to hear that our front desk agent had set a nice tone for your stay and will commend the team on this. I will share your housekeeping comments with our housekeeping Director. Once again, we greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Thanks for staying, ALOFT.

Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

While the staff of the hotel were friendly and helpful, we would not stay here again because:

1. While we were swimming in the hotel pool, another guest pulled down their swimming suit and urinated in the pool.
2. The party in the lobby lasted until 11PM, so in our 3rd floor room, the booming bass didn't stop until then, making sleep or rest difficult.
3. The bathroom door wouldn't stay shut.
4. The refridgerator was so loud, it sounded like there was heavy machinery being operated in the hallway.
5. And the final straw...a wake up call at 5 AM that we didn't set.

We were so glad to leave--it was not a nice or peaceful getaway.

Room Tip: If you don't want to hear the bass from the lobby, get the highest floor possible.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the Aloft Dulles North. I sincerely apologize for your experience at our property and appreciate your feedback. My number one priority is the health and safety of our guests. Because this incident was not reported to the property please contact me directly so I can speak directly with you about this matter

Thank you again for your feedback. I apologize again for the issues that you encountered and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to be of service again in the future.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had a cozy stay at the aloft Hotel. It has a modern decor and it was very quiet.
The breakdown:
-The beds where comfortable
-only 10 minutes from the Dulles Airport
-There is a 24 hour complimentary shuttle to the airport
-Staff were friendly and helpful
-We did have a small issue with our room not being adequately cleaned from the prior guests (but I'm hoping that this was an isolated incident).

We would return to this hotel...we'll just double check that the room has been properly cleaned before we get settled in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
You can always count on us! Thank you for your positive review. I am glad to hear that my Team has made your stay memorable. We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit soon. I apologize for the slight overlook with your room and will bring this to the attention of our housekeeping team.

G'boro NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

aLoft's Park, Sleep, Fly is the best deal going. With a friendly staff, hip lobby/bar with pool table and highly functional rooms, this is the ideal choice. Plenty of room for luggage in spare but stylish rooms. Check it out. I think you'll like it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members. I'm glad that you liked our pool table as this is a nice highlight at Aloft hotels!

Ashburn, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

What a GREAT hotel! The rooms allowed dogs and treated them great. The rooms were fantastic and felt like a luxury room with glass shower and a bench for the dogs.

The hotel even had a bar in the lobby.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I've stayed in Starwood Hotels across the country and this one is by far the worst. I paid with the stay with Starwood points, yet have significant charges on my credit card that they are unable to explain because they can't look at past stays. I've never been more disappointed in a Starwood hotel, and recommend staying away from this one.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Aloft Dulles Airport North? Share your experiences!