“Would Not Stay Here for a Restful Time” 2 of 5 stars

Aloft Dulles Airport North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22390 Flagstaff Plaza, Ashburn, VA 20148   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
Virginia
“Would Not Stay Here for a Restful Time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

While the staff of the hotel were friendly and helpful, we would not stay here again because:

1. While we were swimming in the hotel pool, another guest pulled down their swimming suit and urinated in the pool.
2. The party in the lobby lasted until 11PM, so in our 3rd floor room, the booming bass didn't stop until then, making sleep or rest difficult.
3. The bathroom door wouldn't stay shut.
4. The refridgerator was so loud, it sounded like there was heavy machinery being operated in the hallway.
5. And the final straw...a wake up call at 5 AM that we didn't set.

We were so glad to leave--it was not a nice or peaceful getaway.

Room Tip: If you don't want to hear the bass from the lobby, get the highest floor possible.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the Aloft Dulles North. I sincerely apologize for your experience at our property and appreciate your feedback. My number one priority is the health and safety of our guests. Because this incident was not reported to the property please contact me directly so I can speak directly with you about this matter

Thank you again for your feedback. I apologize again for the issues that you encountered and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to be of service again in the future.

General Manager, Aloft Dulles North

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Arabic first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had a cozy stay at the aloft Hotel. It has a modern decor and it was very quiet.
The breakdown:
-The beds where comfortable
-only 10 minutes from the Dulles Airport
-There is a 24 hour complimentary shuttle to the airport
-Staff were friendly and helpful
-We did have a small issue with our room not being adequately cleaned from the prior guests (but I'm hoping that this was an isolated incident).

We would return to this hotel...we'll just double check that the room has been properly cleaned before we get settled in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
You can always count on us! Thank you for your positive review. I am glad to hear that my Team has made your stay memorable. We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit soon. I apologize for the slight overlook with your room and will bring this to the attention of our housekeeping team.

G'boro NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

aLoft's Park, Sleep, Fly is the best deal going. With a friendly staff, hip lobby/bar with pool table and highly functional rooms, this is the ideal choice. Plenty of room for luggage in spare but stylish rooms. Check it out. I think you'll like it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members. I'm glad that you liked our pool table as this is a nice highlight at Aloft hotels!

Ashburn, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

What a GREAT hotel! The rooms allowed dogs and treated them great. The rooms were fantastic and felt like a luxury room with glass shower and a bench for the dogs.

The hotel even had a bar in the lobby.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I've stayed in Starwood Hotels across the country and this one is by far the worst. I paid with the stay with Starwood points, yet have significant charges on my credit card that they are unable to explain because they can't look at past stays. I've never been more disappointed in a Starwood hotel, and recommend staying away from this one.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Hotel seems pretty new and if you've stayed at an Aloft before then it will be exactly what you expect. However, there is very little around this location other than a gas station and another hotel so plan accordingly.

• Stayed December 2012
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! There are plenty of restaurants within a few miles from the hotel along with Dulles Town Center Mall with plenty of shopping and great restaurants there as well.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed at the Aloft for almost 3 weeks about 7 months ago then just stayed again last week. This hotel has a really odd appeal despite a few annoyances. The hotel location is good as long as you want to be close to the airport and a bit away from the hustle and bustle of the DC area. Its quiet without the issue of parking etc. With that said, there isn't that many restaurants in the area, so you have to be willing to drive a few minutes. The rooms themselves are modern and clean. I have found that the first night I am there is typically the cleanest then its kind of hit and miss depending on who is cleaning your room. The beds are fair. The pillows a bit small. The television and bathroom are great. I love the shower which has a hug shower head. The refrigerator is small and loud but useful. That would be the one big thing the hotel could work on..consistency. Some of the front desk employees are amazing, some less so. When I arrived last week, the nice man at the desk actually remembered me despite having not been there for like 7 months. This was refreshing. Overall, I definitely recommend if you want a good, relaxed experience for a bargain price. If you are expecting the Four Seasons...go somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I appreciate your feedback on consistency as this is a key area for our hotel. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

General Manager, Aloft Dulles North
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashburn
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Washington Dulles International Airport

Been to Aloft Dulles Airport North? Share your experiences!