“Nice/But didnt like the location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
Pikesville, Maryland
“Nice/But didnt like the location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I really enjoted the stylish rooms and they were very clean. Staff was kind and courteous by helping me find some things to do in the area. Location is not a prime area so I didnt enjoy much because i didnt want to drive into dc. Very nice place to get away and just cuddle/relax in the room. Hotel has a pretty night life scenery. For the price and quality no need to complain :) Next stop will be Aloft in the heart of dc

Room Tip: King room was Great. Bed very comfy
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members.

General Manager, Aloft Dulles North

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reston, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I just wonder how they keep people coming back, ..the pool table in the lobby was cool but the rooms feel like college dorms. There are no closets, single rooms are small and everything is minimalist, ..so they are into saving money? no, they are into "nickel and diming" the customer (at least in my opinion). The things that are normally complimentary such as spare razor or coffee the charge you for. After 7 days stay housekeeping missed cleaning the room four times and I had a unexplained charge on my bill from the bar. I'm usually pretty forgiving however this place was not up to a 3-star standard as claimed by some re-marketing firms.

Room Tip: Try to at least get up to the 5th floor and avoid staying directly above the bar in case they have a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the Aloft Dulles North. I am truly disappointed to hear about the difficulty you experienced during your visit.

I apologize again for any inconvenience that this situation may have caused, and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to be of service again in the future.

Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stay at the aloft several nights a month, but they have made me feel welcome since my first stay. The staff is very friendly and the manager, Luis, always takes time to talk with me. The only complaints are the TV stations and housekeeping. There are very few stations and 6 of them are SPG promos. As far as housekeeping, if I need anything, they always send me to the front desk.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
I greatly appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Well this is your standard aloft but this one had to have the worst pillows ever.They were like little flat pancakes. The coffee maker didn't work and leaked water all over the place and the alarm was on and set for 1am. So all in all a nice, clean and close to airport hotel I could have used a better nights sleep.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the Aloft Dulles North. I apologize for the issues that you encountered on your stay.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity in the future to demonstrate the high level of service that our guests have come to expect from (hotel brand).

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Any hotel that is playing Nine Inch Nails when you first walk through the door, followed by Bob Seger, Aerosmith, and then Marilyn Manson (?!) is alright by me.

My friends and I were in town for the weekend for wedding celebrations and were very pleased when we discovered the design and style of the hotel. The staff was incredible- so patient and helpful. They even had the shuttle drive us to get our nails done at a salon down the road (and a sidetrip to McDonalds).

The room was comfortable with a lot of storage. However, if you don't feel comfortable sleeping on a hard mattress, I wouldn't recommend Aloft. I woke up with a very sore back each morning because the bed is FIRM. They do advertise that they have platform beds, but I wasn't prepared for this level of firm. Nice blankets, good pillows, but not as soft as I would have liked.

I noticed that other people on Tripadvisor had difficulties with their bathroom door- us too! It almost became comical. With three girls sharing a bathroom, there was bound to be someone using the sink and mirror at some point while someone else was in the bathroom. The door, which slides shut and fastens with a WEAK magnet, opens whenever it wants to. All three of us, at some point, were either using the bathroom or showering when the door suddenly slid all the way open. There you are, for the world to see! By that time you are in a....compromising? position so you cannot actually shut the door. Hopefully you have an understanding friend who laughs, shuts their eyes, and tries to close the door for you.

Aloft- super nice staff and beautiful decor but you MUST do something about those doors!!

Room Tip: Make sure the bathroom door stays shut!
Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback! We are proud to hear that our staff took such great care of you as well as your family. I'm glad to know that you really enjoyed the music as well as the hotel Decor as our -Aloft is a unique brand of its own! I would like to apologize for the sliding bathroom door. We will look into this to see if we could make some changes.

Please come back and visit us again.

We appreciate your business.

New Rochelle, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at this hotel when I took a few days off this summer for a mini-vacation in the DC Metro Area. It's VERY comfortable, cozy, the staff is VERY helpful, answered all of my multiple transportation questions. My idea was to choose a hotel that was affordable and outside of the Metro DC area, but close enough that I could spend my day in DC exploring the museums. Between the (free) shuttle bus to Dulles and the bus ride to the DC Metro (you need to purchase a Metro Card for this), it's about an hour, so if you have the time & the desire to stay off the beaten path, this is a good place. There's NOTHING near the hotel. Just a gas station & a mini-mart but outside of that? NOTHING! I drove from NYC for this vacation, so it was a nice change of pace for me. Very boutique-y. My only "complaints" (for lack of a better word) is that a) the sliding door to the bathroom/shower area wouldn't close at all. Thank goodness I was alone, otherwise, it would've been a bit awkward and b) one of the channels on TV didn't have sound. But these were things I could circumvent so it was OK. LOVED the free wi-fi! Perfect way to unwind after a day in Metro DC.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. We greatly appreciate you recommending our hotel and providing such a great rating!

We will be looking into the bathroom sliding glass doors to see if we could come up with a quick resolution.

I will make sure to share this with my team members.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We got stucked at Dulles airport so we had to stay overnight in a hotel.
A shuttle picked us up and drove us to the hotel 15min away.
The roomdesign was just awesome!Never saw something like that!
It was comfortable and fun!
We had free wifi and a quiet place.
The shuttlebusdriver even drove us to our rentalcar company the next morning,
even if the woman on the desk said they don't do it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. I'm sorry that you were stuck at Dulles but I am happy that we made your stay an excellent one!

Please come back soon and join us at WXYZ bar!

General Manager, Aloft Dulles North

Been to Aloft Dulles Airport North? Share your experiences!