“Makes me feel like family” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
Alexandria, Virginia
“Makes me feel like family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stay at the aloft several nights a month, but they have made me feel welcome since my first stay. The staff is very friendly and the manager, Luis, always takes time to talk with me. The only complaints are the TV stations and housekeeping. There are very few stations and 6 of them are SPG promos. As far as housekeeping, if I need anything, they always send me to the front desk.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
I greatly appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my Team.

General Manager, Aloft Dulles North

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Well this is your standard aloft but this one had to have the worst pillows ever.They were like little flat pancakes. The coffee maker didn't work and leaked water all over the place and the alarm was on and set for 1am. So all in all a nice, clean and close to airport hotel I could have used a better nights sleep.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the Aloft Dulles North. I apologize for the issues that you encountered on your stay.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity in the future to demonstrate the high level of service that our guests have come to expect from (hotel brand).

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Any hotel that is playing Nine Inch Nails when you first walk through the door, followed by Bob Seger, Aerosmith, and then Marilyn Manson (?!) is alright by me.

My friends and I were in town for the weekend for wedding celebrations and were very pleased when we discovered the design and style of the hotel. The staff was incredible- so patient and helpful. They even had the shuttle drive us to get our nails done at a salon down the road (and a sidetrip to McDonalds).

The room was comfortable with a lot of storage. However, if you don't feel comfortable sleeping on a hard mattress, I wouldn't recommend Aloft. I woke up with a very sore back each morning because the bed is FIRM. They do advertise that they have platform beds, but I wasn't prepared for this level of firm. Nice blankets, good pillows, but not as soft as I would have liked.

I noticed that other people on Tripadvisor had difficulties with their bathroom door- us too! It almost became comical. With three girls sharing a bathroom, there was bound to be someone using the sink and mirror at some point while someone else was in the bathroom. The door, which slides shut and fastens with a WEAK magnet, opens whenever it wants to. All three of us, at some point, were either using the bathroom or showering when the door suddenly slid all the way open. There you are, for the world to see! By that time you are in a....compromising? position so you cannot actually shut the door. Hopefully you have an understanding friend who laughs, shuts their eyes, and tries to close the door for you.

Aloft- super nice staff and beautiful decor but you MUST do something about those doors!!

Room Tip: Make sure the bathroom door stays shut!
Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Aloft Dulles Airport North, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback! We are proud to hear that our staff took such great care of you as well as your family. I'm glad to know that you really enjoyed the music as well as the hotel Decor as our -Aloft is a unique brand of its own! I would like to apologize for the sliding bathroom door. We will look into this to see if we could make some changes.

Please come back and visit us again.

We appreciate your business.

New Rochelle, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at this hotel when I took a few days off this summer for a mini-vacation in the DC Metro Area. It's VERY comfortable, cozy, the staff is VERY helpful, answered all of my multiple transportation questions. My idea was to choose a hotel that was affordable and outside of the Metro DC area, but close enough that I could spend my day in DC exploring the museums. Between the (free) shuttle bus to Dulles and the bus ride to the DC Metro (you need to purchase a Metro Card for this), it's about an hour, so if you have the time & the desire to stay off the beaten path, this is a good place. There's NOTHING near the hotel. Just a gas station & a mini-mart but outside of that? NOTHING! I drove from NYC for this vacation, so it was a nice change of pace for me. Very boutique-y. My only "complaints" (for lack of a better word) is that a) the sliding door to the bathroom/shower area wouldn't close at all. Thank goodness I was alone, otherwise, it would've been a bit awkward and b) one of the channels on TV didn't have sound. But these were things I could circumvent so it was OK. LOVED the free wi-fi! Perfect way to unwind after a day in Metro DC.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. We greatly appreciate you recommending our hotel and providing such a great rating!

We will be looking into the bathroom sliding glass doors to see if we could come up with a quick resolution.

I will make sure to share this with my team members.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We got stucked at Dulles airport so we had to stay overnight in a hotel.
A shuttle picked us up and drove us to the hotel 15min away.
The roomdesign was just awesome!Never saw something like that!
It was comfortable and fun!
We had free wifi and a quiet place.
The shuttlebusdriver even drove us to our rentalcar company the next morning,
even if the woman on the desk said they don't do it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. I'm sorry that you were stuck at Dulles but I am happy that we made your stay an excellent one!

Please come back soon and join us at WXYZ bar!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed here recently and must say that the room was very comfortable and had a nice design. The tv was the largest I've seen in any hotel and the bed "floated" by design. Black-out blinds were great, decor was also nice. My favorite touch was the frosted glass window which connected the shower to the room - with the windows open, the bathroom had natural light through the shower. Very cool. The bar was also unique in its countertop fibre optic effects. My one complain was that many things considered as freebies elsewhere (think toothbrush, razors, sewing kits, etc.) were not so here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
You can always count on us! Thank you for your positive review. I'm glad that you really enjoyed the in room decor along with our 42 LCD TV. As for the free toiletries "we do provide them", however they are available upon request.

We appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to your next visit soon.

Herndon, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I had scheduled a room for my birthday in 9/16 through a third party to get a discount and got into town early on 9/17. We contacted hotel and asked them to add an additional night because we were early. I was put on hold for 30 min and when she picked up she asked to put me on hold again. When I declined she said to call back in 20 min and hung up on me. this whole process took so long just to speak with her it was 12 am before she helped me. Then she stated she could not book the room because itwas the 16th and you cant book two rooms on the same day. I contacted hotwire and they stated the same thing, that the computer system wouldnt let them. So we ended up haveing to pay full price. In addition the hotel staff member was rude, unfriendly and appeared annoyed to have to do the basics of her job. We usually have a great time at aloft, we book a room 2x week and this exerience made me rethink if we should continue to go there or find a different hotel.

Room Tip: none that I can think of
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post this review about our hotel. I apologize that you did not have the experience that our hotel promotes.
The service that was provided to you during your reservation process was not the elite service that we provide here at the Aloft. I will be sharing your constructive feedback with the team

Please contact me at your earliest convenience and we will make it up to you.
703-723-6969

We appreciate your business and want the chance to win you over. I hope that you???ll give us another try!

General Manager, Aloft Dulles North

Been to Aloft Dulles Airport North? Share your experiences!