“Efficient, clean, ideal hotel for business travel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
Seattle, Washington
“Efficient, clean, ideal hotel for business travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

I was recommended this hotel by co-workers who had stayed in the area for on-site visits, and was pleased with the hotel overall. The location is somewhat problematic, such that taxi drivers and such have a hard time finding the hotel. It's location near Dulles Intl. Airport makes the hotel a good "airport hotel" for business trips and layovers though, which is why my co-workers recommends it. Improved shuttle service would be helpful though.

However, once you get to the hotel, the experience is very positive. The hotel is new, clean, and run very efficiently. I like the self-service laundry, and pantry that lets you buy supplies rather than walking over to nearby gas station. The hotel room itself was large, the bed comfortable and the bathroom nice and usable. I also liked the pool and fitness center as well, which was great for on-the-go business folks.

Internet Service is somewhat flaky though. The connection is very easy and convenient, and I can use both my laptop and iPhone with it (great), but the connection can hang over longer periods. This means I have to disconnect and reconnect after several hours. Inconvenient, but the speed and accessibility are helpful.

The restaurant downstairs had good service, and reasonable prices. I had a good dinner and breakfast there, and enjoyed both more than the nearby restaurants. Would recommend the restaurant again.

I wouldn't recommend the hotel for vacations, due to location, but for business trips in the Virginia area, I thought this hotel was ideally suited and one of the better Hilton Hotels I've encountered. The price reflects the fact the hotel is clean, functional and great for business use. Will definitely use it again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
pdomingo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, February 4, 2011
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments. We appreciate the feedback, both positive and negative, that you provided. It is only through feedback that we are able to improve our service.

I am also delighted that you had a positive experience with us. Your comments will be shared with the rest of the HGI Dulles North team.

We look forward to having you back in the near future and be confident that you can always count on us!

Pamela Domingo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Novato, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

My wife and I stayed here during a recent trip to DC. The small rooms seemed to have no soundproofing and/or thin walls as every person in the hallway and adjoining rooms was noticeable. Having been spoiled by Hampton Inns during our trip, we were surprised to learn there was not even a continental breakfast included.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
pdomingo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, January 15, 2011
I appreciate the feedback, and giving us the opportunity to improve our guests' experience. Our priority is to provide our guests with exceptional service and accommodations. Please accept my apologies if we failed to meet your expectations. In the future, we do offer a 'Bed and breakfast' package that includes breakfast at a discounted price. Please do not hesitate to contact me at (703)723-8989 or pamela.domingo@hilton.com if you would like to further discuss your stay.
British Virgin Islands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

We stayed one night here arriving late at night. We called the hotel early that day to say our flight got in at 11:30 and would take a taxi. We were informed that there would be a shuttle available and we should call when we arrived. Our flight was early and we called as soon as we picked up our bags: right at 11:30. We were told to go to door 2H and we could fin it "someplace on a lower level below the taxi pickup." We asked several porters where that was and no one seemed to know. In fact it was outside just outside the taxi area where all hotel shuttles were. We called again at 12:50, 1:10 and finally at 1:20. We were told 1) that the shuttle was on it's way 2) he was going in the other direction and 3) he was on his way. If we had taken a taxi the 10-15 minutes to the hotel we would have been asleep by 11:45! However the shuttle driver in the morning (from another hotel) was a great guy who dropped us off right at Hertz so we didn't have to take their shuttle.

The internet was down the whole time we were there and we couldn't even get a copy of our bill.

The hotel was in fact fine - breakfast typical buffet. Room was very comfortable, clean but as other reviewers said with nothing in the area except another hotel and service station. Most other hotels are much closer to Dulles.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
We are sorry that we were not able to provide you with the quality of service that you deserve due to your shuttle and internet experience. I can assure you that we take your feedback seriously and we are addressing your concerns. You may contact me directly at pamela.domingo@hilton.com if you would like to further discuss your experience. Thank you for your feedback!
Halifax, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

I stayed at this hotel from 17th - 21st Sept 2010. The hotel staff were brilliant. Very friendly, chatty, and helpful if you have any questions at all regarding Washington and sightseeing etc....

The room was spacious, clean and to a great standard. The Pool is a little small but there is also a spa pool. The hotel has a business centre with computers / printers etc but also has wireless internet.

There is room service and a restaurant / bar in the hotel. The food isnt amazing but is definately edible. The only downside is if you dont get breakfast included its an extra $10 on the day per person which I thought was a little expensive, although you do get a massive variety to choose from.

The hotel is brilliantly situated for the airport and is about 20-25 miles to the centre of Washington (White House etc).

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Allen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

We stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn with the rest of the wedding party. Everyone from the front desk to the breakfast bar attained to all of our needs. The rooms were very clean, and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2010
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

This hotel was used for room accomodations for a friend's wedding held at a neaby country club. For several of the guests including myself, we were informed that this hotel had 24 hour shuttle service. Had I known then what I know now, I would have rented a car. The hotel is so remote there is nothing around except for another hotel, a bank, and a gas/convenience store. If you want food you must order from the restaurant or order in. Although the chef is excellent. The hotel provided shuttle service to/from the wedding location but got lost BOTH times going to and from the wedding (different drivers). The driver had to get directions from one of the guest on how to get back to the hotel. It seems to me, if the hotel advertises shuttle service and is also located at such a remote location, you should have a designated shuttle driver who is familiar with the area. Additionally, the hotel relies on other hotels over the weekend to provide their shuttle service. Why is there no designated shuttle driver for Sunday arrivals/departures?? The drivers of the shuttle (from a neighboring hotel) left both myself and my roommate, coming from and going to the airport, even after reservations for the shuttle were made the previous night. Finally, I am a person who frequently uses the stairs instead of an elevator. I arrived Friday, there were numerous trays from room service left in the stairwell on every floor. On Saturday, the same trays were in the stairwell and being the summer time, it reeked of decaying matter. I would only recommend this hotel if the traveler has his/her own transportation.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for your positive feedback on our rooms and chef! We also appreciate the negative feedback to continually improve our service and accommodations. I can assure you that your concerns have been addressed. We do take your feedback seriously!
Wilmington, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

This HGI is not ready for prime time. Check in was slow & confusing; the AC will not go below 68⁰ (this will be brutal in the hot summer months especially if your room faces west); the breakfast was below average, no one refills your coffee or does anything to assist you (except quietly slip the bill on your table). If that wasn’t enough, I went up to my room to shower and the picture was what I got. Now I’m an engineer and tried to fix it but time was not on my side. I felt like I was in a third world country. The hotel was clean. I went next door to the Aloft W hotel bar and the bartender was miserable. She just stood there and chatted with a colleague about how her hours were awful, wanted to work days, blah, blah, blah. I hate whinny complaining within ear shot.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback! It is only through feedback from guests that we are able to evaluate our services. Please be assured that your initial experience is not consistent with the services we strive to provide at the Hilton Garden Inn-Dulles North.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North? Share your experiences!