“Sad for a Hilton Property” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
Wiesbaden, Germany
“Sad for a Hilton Property”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First. I have been a hilton member for more than ten years. Second, I have stayed on more than 75 Hilton properties all over the world. This was the worst.

The good... Staff is friendly. Location is fine. Breakfast was good.

The bad... Filthy. From the moment I walked in to the lobby there was a unwashed smell. Paint pealing in the lobby ceiling.

The carpet in my room was stained. The bed skirt was stained. The mattress had no pad; just the sheets.

The air conditioner could not be balanced. Either it was 64 degrees or 73 degrees.

Curtains torn at the top near the rod.

Stained ceiling in the entry hall.

Then there is the bathroom... Hair on the floor, stuck to the walls in the shower. Trash under the vanity. The shower had mold all along the grout, in the corners, and the smell of mildew was almost overpowering. The shower head was calc up and the pressure was poor. The pipe with the shower head coming out of the wall was loose. The door sill was not functioning and water runs out over the floor.

I made no complaints to the staff.

I expect a Hilton branded property to be a step above all others.

Recommend: no. Retuning: no

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I would like to "Thank you" for your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us! I do apologize that we failed to provide you with a clean room as well as having issues with the public space. This is not typical of our hotel and I will make sure to share your feedback with our housekeeping team to have this corrected moving forward. I wish I had the opportunity to resolve the issues with you during your stay with us. Please contact me personally at anytime to discuss your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ljubljana, Slovenia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here just a couple of hours, before my flight late in the evening. Check in was smooth, as HH Diamond got 2 bottles of water, room on the 5th floor, clean, modern. Internet fast and reliable. Also used shuttle to the airport, that left on time, fast drive and friendly driver; you just have to inform front office which shuttle you wanna take...

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for the amazing review on our staff and service. I am very glad that my team was able to make your stay enjoyable!
Washington D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I opted for a 2-room suite...way too much room for me but the price was right and I make it a point to check out hotels. The room was beautifully appointed with 2 32-inch tvs, lots of cable channels, numerous plugin, free wi-fi, a shuttle, Kuerig Coffee maker in room, coffee, lemonade, (and wine limited time(?) in lobby, on-site restaurant; food was nicely prepared, Staff are wonderful...anything I asked for they provided and were always around to assist. The hotel was fairly full but so quiet; about 10 minutes from Dulles Airport; yes, desolate but, wonderful if you want some time alone or away, and can drive to places in 10-15 min. A newer looking property, yes, the patio is small but not everyone will be out there. Inside pool was nice and clean, enjoyed the exercise room. On-site laundry. Several enclaves to hang out in in the lobby areas. Everything is carefully checked from parking to food etc. Note: bring your lunch or plan to go out to lunch as the restaurant is only open for breakfast and dinner, and you can book very reasonable packages that include breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try a suite for two!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Jessup, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were assigned to this hotel during a softball tournament in July. Hotel was okay, pool is ridiculously small and there is nothing to do do close by, very small patio space and had to drive on a toll road to get just about anywhere. Our room was not cleaned 2 days while we were there, we just called and requested towels. But worse yet we were charged twice for our stay. It took more than a week and 6+ phone calls to the hotel, the main Hilton number and American Express to get the charge reversed. Of course, American Express backed us immediately. We have been Hilton Honors members for more than 13 years, that meant nothing. Phone calls were not returned, including phone calls to the manager. Worse customer service ever!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience. The billing issue has been resolved and I hope to see you again on your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff made an unexpected flight delay an awesome overnight stay. They were very courteous and helpful. I was concerned that the hotel was off the main roads; but, the accommodations made up for the location. Definitely worth the price.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for sharing your stay with us even though your flight was delayed. I am glad the service of my team could make a unpleasant experince positive.
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great value. The staff, breakfast and rooms were very nice. We enjoyed swimming in the pool. There is easy access to shopping malls, Reston, Dulles, and the Smithsonian Air and Space museum. The toll road should be avoided. Other roads had good traffic flow.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the cooked to order breakfast. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Dulles!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were in town to visit family and didn't check in until very late into the evening but the hotel was beautiful even at night and the staff was very friendly. The hotel was located just off the main highway, a little further away from the airport than anticipated and unfortunately just miles after a hefty toll which we had to pay both ways. Overall great experience and would love to come back and try all the amenities they have to offer.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. The hotel is beautiful at night with all the candles and track lighting throughout. I hope on your next visit you will be able to try our amentities. I look forward to seeing you!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North? Share your experiences!