“Great night's sleep” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
Fairfax, VA
“Great night's sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I recently stayed here for the first time, and will be back. The bed was very comfortable, as were the pillows; I haven't slept so well in a hotel room in a long time.

The room was spotless, and ready when I checked in. They have coffee and tea in the lobby, as well as lemonade and iced tea. I wasn't sure if they had water in the morning or if it was just that the lemonade/iced tea had run out. The entire property is clean and well maintained. All hotel staff I encountered were very pleasant and anxious to please the guests.

They do have a fitness center, which I didn't use. The pool and hot tub were very nice; the hot tub was properly hot. No lifeguard is present, but the pool area doesn't suffer; somebody obviously keeps the pool and hot tub area clean. The pool towels are a decent size too, not the small ones at some hotel pools.

Internet is free and worked fine for me. Breakfast isn't included in the room (unless you have a special rate that includes breakfast). At $11.95 (as of this review) it's a good deal -- fruits, muffins, breads/bagels, oatmeal, juices. They'll also cook you eggs/omelets to order and, I believe, pancakes. The waiters at breakfast were very good -- gave you plenty of attention without overdoing it. I didn't eat dinner at the hotel restaurant so I can't speak to their dinner service. I believe there are several restaurants within a short drive (as well as a grocery store a few miles away) but I brought dinner with me.

I did have a few housekeeping issues which I did report to the manager after my stay. She responded within a couple hours, and on a weekend -- which really impressed me.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
We always enjoy hearing back from our guests, it gives us a chance to see how we are performing. I am glad my team took good care of you during your stay. Please come back and see us next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

The hotel is ok. Nothing special, just another Garden Inn.. the price you pay is about the same as what you get. I had problems with the shuttle to the airport, delayed and almost missed my flight. By the way, it takes a while to get there from the airport..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
We always enjoy hearing back from our guests, it gives us a chance to see how we are performing. I am sorry for the shuttle delay to the airport you experienced. Please come back and see us next time you are in the area.
Charlotte, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Extremely clean and well managed establishment. Easy on and off access from interstate. Not far from Dulles Airport, but far enough away to avoid congestion. Currently located in an area that is under development, so it is very quite. Would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Carrollton, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Overall this hotel is decent. However, cleanliness of the shower floor left a lot to be desired. Also, the mattress was like sleeping on concrete. Our room was on ground floor near lobby, lots of noise in hallway till at least 1 am. Upper floors would probably be a better choice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for sharing your stay with us. Our beds are adjustable on each side that conforms to your body, gently cradling your neck, spine and legs while providing pressure-free sleep. These beds are exclusive to Hilton Garden Inn's. I will address the cleanliness of the shower with my housekeeping team. I hope you try us again and look forward to welcoming you back.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Hello I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North during Labor day long weekend. I don't know where to start, I was greeted at the desk by this wonderful lady (I forget her name) she got me all checked in and ready to go in less than 5 mins! so wonderful. Thanks to her I learned about the shuttle van service the hotels offers! The driver was this young, handsome, hispanic driver who was so nice and ohh so charming and very patient with me. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel and I will definitely be back in April. Thanks.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Chesapeake, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Very clean! Military member's, this hotel offers a government rate. Also, there is an indoor heated pool which I absolutely loved. Worth the price. Room was cold and room service was surprisingly bad.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your stay with us. We offer government rates year round. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Huntsville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

John was great, as was your Saturday morning desk agent. The Friday 11pm-7am shuttle driver was also very friendly and alert. Everything was very clean and updated. This hotel is an easy 15 minute shuttle ride to and from the airport. This is my second time staying at the hotel and I am sure it won't be the last!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North? Share your experiences!