“Bathroom cleanliness an issue” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Bathroom cleanliness an issue”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, but when I went to take my morning shower, I noticed an extreme amount of mold in the shower stall. How this passed anyone's inspection is beyond me. Everything else about the hotel was satisfactory to excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your review of the opportunity with your guest room. We have a few rooms in the hotel with hard water stains in the tile floor of the showers. The maintenance team is working on recaulking and grouting these rooms and should be completed very soon. I appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Thanks again for your comments and I look forward to seeing you during your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed one night and was very happy. Room was large and beds were comfortable. The whole hotel was clean and staff were very friendly. We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food for dinner and breakfast (although we thought that the breakfast buffet was a bit pricey for the offerings) and it was very nice to have a drink in the hotel at night. The hotel was quiet at night and in a good location. We would gladly stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn for your stay in Ashburn. I am very pleased you found the staff friendly, the hotel clean and the food quality excellent. We prepare all our meals fresh daily in the Great American Grill. My team and I look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
Seattle, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Clean hotel, that is close to the airport. Has a good breakfast, but dinner is a little close to warmed up in the microwave for the price. Decent bar, lounging area, very small pool and ok fitness center. Nothing else is nearby, so you must have a car to stay here.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn for your stay in Ashburn. I am very pleased you found the staff friendly, the hotel clean. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Stafford, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were greeted by our names, our preferences were read and confirmed without our asking and arrangements to continue our trip were made. The room was exceptionally clean and the bed extremely comfortable. The facilities were very satisfying. Everyone smiled, greeted us and were very friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your stay. I am pleased to hear our staff was able to take care of you and that your room was clean and comfortable. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Roanoke, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Overall a very nice, clean hotel. The staff were polite and I especially appreciated room service bringing me a wine opener. The location is great since it is a reasonable drive to the shopping centers, yet tucked away from all of the traffic and hustle. Will definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
We always enjoy hearing back from our guests, it gives us a chance to see how we are performing. I am glad my team took good care of you during your stay. I look forward to seeing you again.
Yonkers, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed at the horrible Aloft next door. I came here for breakfast, food was good and the staff was really nice. I also came for dinner. That was also good. They have a great snack area if you want to buy some things to bring to your room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn for your dining and for taking the time to write this Trip Advisor review.
Oceanside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Firstly, we got a great deal at the Hilton Garden Inn through Hotwire - and at $63 a night we were pretty happy overall. Having said that, HGI Dulles North is more like $100 to $150 per night and my review reflects that basis.

Good: Super friendly staff, hotel with much more than just "rooms". Walk in the front door and there's the bar, restaurant, large comfortable seating area with fireplace; it's not dominated by a check-in desk and feels comfortable. Nice looking gym and pool, though I didn't use them. Free wi-fi, free wired Internet. Free airport shuttle.

Quibbles: No free breakfast - just coffee. Breakfast buffet is about $12 and for a family trying to travel on a budget, that's just too much money. Wi-fi - though free - you're forced to log in every day to get internet access; just annoying. Room lighting - we had 2 beds in the room, and there's only one lamp between the two beds. Try reading when you're the one in the dark corner away from the one lamp. Shower - tile looks cool but they need to keep it from looking dirty. It's probably just discolored, but all you can think is "that's not clean." Seating - my wife, daughter and I shared a room - one desk chair and one upholstered chair. When we brought back a snack for the room, at least one of us is sitting on the bed. "Green" laundering - we are so okay with not having new sheets and new towels every day. The staff made the beds each day, but despite us hanging up the towels to indicate we're okay with them, we received new towels every day. Just remove the card that tells me how you're helping save the environment.

In summary, we'd stay again - but I'd still whine!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your stay. I am pleased to hear our staff was able to take care of you and that your room was clean and comfortable. Our cooked-to-order breakfast is a Hilton Garden Inn standard we are proud to offer and since each guest's breakfast is cooked and served fresh we are able to customize to each guests breakfast to suit their taste. Our breakfast does carry an additional price but we do offer a Bed and Breakfast Rate which will provide a discounted price for for breakfast by including it in your room rate. I will review our green policy with my housekeeping manager. I am glad your overall experience was a pleasant one.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North? Share your experiences!