We booked five nights in this hotel for our trip to the Washington area. Even though, iit is quite a drive to downtown, we did not mind at all since we got to see the surrounding areas and there were many shopping malls along the way.
We got a great rate for our stay and were very happy with the hotel. The room featured two Queen beds and had a fridge, a microwave and a coffee machine. Wi-fi was excellent and all three of us could use our ipads/laptops at the same time.
We were a bit disappointed by the pool which is very small and only five feet deep. That would have been okay if the water wasn't so cold. Even the spa was cold, though a bit warmer than the pool. I never went back in after the first day but my husbabd and daugther don't mind the cold water as much, so maybe it's only me that is being difficult.
On the third day of our stay, we were coming back to the hotel and I tried to get two coffees from the lobby as we did everyday. The machine was empty so I was told to wait five minutes and that they would brew some. FInally, the manager (I think) came out of the kitchen and said that he would get me two coffees from the convenience store next door. He went out coatless (on the day of the snowstorm) but came back empty. He then said he would bring me a fresh pot a coffee directly to my room. I told him that I could make some coffee in the room and not to bother but he insisted that it would be his pleasure and he brought the coffee himself to our room.
So, maybe the other gentleman (the one talking about the fire alarm) had a bad experience with the staff or the manager, but we had a very positive experience on more than one occasion and I think that demanding that everybody be fired is way over the line.
Another example, after two nights, my husband was complaining that the bed was sagging. I asked the front dest if they could change or turn over the mattress. At first, thy said they would look into it, but then the man in charge of the equipment asked me if I tried to adjust the settings on the bed. it turns out the beds have dials on both sides that you can adjust for firmness or softness. So, we said that we would check that before requiring them to do anything. One side was set all the way to firm and the other side was set all the way to soft. We put both on medium and got an even bed. They had signs and a mock dial display at the front desk but we didn't notice it on arrival as we were tired by our twelve hour drive.
A last note on service. Within minutes of our arrivals, we tried to make coffee in our room. The coffeemaker didn't work so we called the front desk and they brought another one within minutes.
All in all, we are very satisfied with this hotel, the staff was always courteous and amenable. If they only could heat the pool a little bit more, it would be perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for the ideal spot for the most important day in your life. The Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North offers a quaint setting with a professional staff waiting to make your dreams come true. The hotel has ample meeting space and catering facilities to create the atmosphere you desire. The Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North is flexible and determined to make your day special. 16 Suites are available in this 135-room hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North Hotel Ashburn
- Hilton Garden Inn Ashburn