“An excellent choice for the Dulles area” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22400 Flagstaff Plaza, Ashburn, VA 20148   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
Chandigarh
“An excellent choice for the Dulles area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

If you have business in the Dulles area this is a great choice: Easy to access, easy parking, free wifi and a decent pool/spa/exercise area.

Rooms were simple and clean. They could have been a little nicer for the price, but still worth it.

The only question mark is the food. Very disorganized breakfast with inconsistent service. Some times there is a chef who makes custom breakfast orders and someone to serve coffee, other times you will only find cold cereal, rubbery eggs and have to walk to the lobby for coffee. Very limited choices outside of breakfast.

If not for the breakfast service, this would be 5 stars!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel and what we can improve on. Every morning breakfast is served, everything from waffles and French toast to eggs and cold cereal. Our breakfast is "cooked to order" placed with our Chef.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Douglas, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This was a very nice place. Easy to find, great location, easy access from highway and from Airport. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Loved the free in room WiFi - this is a todays standard defacto. Warm reception, nice reception area. They got the simple things right and that makes all the difference.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel.
Bolton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is a great location for business near Dulles and the toll road. Near mny datacenters. Great food and great rooms all in one convenient location.

Well equiped exercise room and pool/sauna a welcome break after the work day.

Lobby also great place to meet clients with several areas for intimate conversation.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I'm a Hilton Honors member and travel frequently for business. This hotel is what I've come to expect from the HGI brand, which is a clean facility, comfortable, business-friendly rooms at competitive rates.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. I will share your comments with my team. Please come back and see us next time you are in the area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Arrived and was informed my reservation had been modified. I was forced to change rooms in order to accommodate my reservation window. Subsequent room was not on par with previous room. Front desk was very helpful and courteous as well as the food service personnel, however, the food was horrible, breakfast and dinner. I recommend you eat elsewhere and double check your reservation before your arrival.

• Stayed January 2013
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear positive comments about our team and the hotel as well as areas where we can work to improve. I will make sure to share both the positive and issues with our American Grill with our team.
Auburn, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I travel to Virginia regularly for business and decided to try this Hilton since the place I normally stay was booked. I liked this hotel, very clean, staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were very nicely appointed. I walked in and was impressed. The room had a large desk, free wi-fi, comfortable bed, decent sized bathroom with marble counters, a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker.

All was well until I tried to get some sleep. Unfortunately, this hotel has the under-the-window heating/cooling system that can never seem to run quietly. When the thing kicked on it sounded like a diesel truck was starting up right in my room. I tried using the low speed on the fan to see if this would help and then tried to regulate the room temperature so the heater wouldn't have to work as much but nothing seemed to help. Eventually I ran the heater a bit hot for awhile then shut it off completely. The room did keep some of it's warmth overnight although it was winter and bitter cold outside.

I had thought about making this my hotel when I travel to this area but I'm one of those people who has to get a good nights sleep and this place with the noisy heater just won't cut it. I left the rating as a 4 since it is a good value for business travelers, good service and the breakfast buffet was a very good value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sherri C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you taking the time to post your comments We appreciate your positive and great recommendation! Please let us know next time you make a reservation to put your room on the east side of building. We will also be glad to give you an upgrade.
Franklin Park, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Booked my stay via Hot Wire and was very pleasantly surprised. Wonderful stay; would stay again without hesitation.

It seem I have to submit 200 characters for this review, which is unfortunate...I feel I've adequately expressed how I feel about my stay in the opening statement and I've given this hotel the highest rating...Making me do this could take away how I feel about my stay but it won't if I end this now...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashburn
Aloft Dulles Airport North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles - North/Loudoun
Homewood Suites Dulles - North / Loudoun
Springhill Suites Ashburn Dulles North
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sterling - Dulles Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North? Share your experiences!