“Consistently decent food.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Takeout, Delivery
Boston, Massachusetts
“Consistently decent food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Nice place, pleasant owners and staff.
Moussaka is excellent, baclava pretty good, and the chicken souvlaki very good.
Good quality and decent value.

• Visited March 2013

Herndon, Virginia
“Welcome home!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I don't think I have ever been to a restaurant where you are greeted by practically the entire staff upon entering. It was like coming home to my parents house and meeting them at the door. But here it's almost everyone except the cook, b/c the cook is busy cooking!

The atmosphere is nice given the limited room they have to work with as being in a strip shopping center. It's nice.

The staff is really top notch. I did make reservations for 6pm for a Friday night. We were seated immediately. There were 3 other parties (tables) dinning. I was surprised that it wasn't more busy but it did pick up within the hour. I would suggest making a reservation.

Again, service was great! Never had to wait long for drinks or the food! Waitress was very nice and asked if we needed anything, great service.

The root beer is on tap but it's not that great. I was expecting more but it was just average.

I also tried the Greek style green beans as I read a review on here saying great things. I love green beans but these were not for me. They are brown due to the seasoning ( they tasted nutty). I had two and couldn't eat the rest. Again, tried something new but wasn't for me.

For the meal I had eggplant parm, stellar! Finished it all, which is rare for me. The missus had the Shrimp Alfredo. It looked amazing! The sauce was really really really good!

They do provide garlic bread too which is nice and good. I wish it had more butter and garlic but overall it is good!

I also had their red (glass wine) which came from Crete (I believe). It was good but really dry. I didn't ask for a recommendation prior to ordering but I suggest you do as Greek wine really isn't something you see a lot of, especially here in Wine Country.

I highly suggest and recommend this place! It's also very reasonable in price. I will be going back for sure, this time not going on Good Friday, so I can try their Gyro!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sterling, Virginia
“Food was really good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I went to the Med. Breeze twice recently. Once with my wife and once with my son. We all enjoyed our food. I had veal parmesean my first visit. It was about $20 and included a salad and garlic bread. The veal was really tender and the pasta noodles were delicious. On my next visit my son and I both had the Gyro sandwich. I thought it was great. My son said it may have been the best he ever had. They were about $8.50 and came with chips. We had good service from the staff, but neither time was crowded.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Reminds me of my Time in Greece”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I were looking for a place to go out to dinner near where I lived, so a coworker recommended Mediterranean Breeze. Finding this place is one of the few downsides to it. It is tucked back down in Ashburn on a busy little two lane road, near a firehouse. The place is beautifully decorated with a lovely little patio. This is the other downside; the patio is right on the road and it makes it hard to have a conversation in the evening. The food was excellent. My boyfriend had the lamb and it literally was falling off the bone. I tried the chicken souvlaki, which was well seasoned with little fat and no grease. They have a nice selection of appetizers too (we tried the saganaki; first time for me, they light it on fire at your table). They have lots of choices and I look forward to going back and trying something else.

• Visited May 2012
Oakton, Virginia
“Great Mediterranean in Ashburn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Not the best Mediterranean food I’ve had in Ashburn, but definitely one of the best. The service is great. Greeted right at the door, it has a very warm/local feel to it. The food is very good, not terrific but very good and definitely worth the price. We shall be back.

Try the fried tomatoes and salad bar!

• Visited December 2012