“Good, simple, BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Arlington, Virginia
“Good, simple, BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Carolina Brothers is a simple place that offers really good BBQ. They have daily specials and today we enjoyed mouth watering brisket with two sides of mac and cheese and potato salad. Others in the group had the pulled pork and pulled chicken sandwiches. All the meat was smoked to perfection and the selection of sauces made good even better. They have a great selection of cold beverages, candy, and desserts too. This is a great local establishment that is worth a visit. Food is reasonably priced and great for families.

Visited October 2013

Morgantown, West Virginia
“Good bbq”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I have stumbled into this bbq place twice now. The first time I was riding the washington & old dominion bike trail and this time we were just out for a drive and happened by. Nothing special just good barbeque. Exactly what you need if you are out for a bike ride or just driving around. I will stop again if i am in the neighborhood.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank CJ73198
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

It was my son's bday and he wanted ribs. He likes the ribs at Applebees but it's a bit of a drive, so I thought we'd try Carolina Brothers right up the road from us instead. It's a smallish local place, which gave it a nice casual feel. Smelled great. Disappointment #1....out of ribs. :( They said next time we should call ahead if we're planning to have ribs. HMMM...not sure I want to have to call a restaurant to see if they actually have what they're advertising. But if they're out, then maybe they are really good. I try to encourage my boys to be flexible, so we stayed and opted for pulled pork sandwiches with a side of mac n cheese and baked beans. The sandwich was better than average. The sauce was a little thin and heavy on the vinegar for me. But I enjoyed it. Would have been nice if there were a spicy choice for the sauce...only one option for the sauce on the table. My boys also ate their sandwiches without any complaints...they said it was "good". But the mac and cheese was really bad...disappointment #2.....sticky rather than creamy or cheesy and very bland. My two boys took one bite and they were done. I tried adding some salt and pepper and even some bbq sauce, but it still wasn't good for me. The baked beans were also very basic....tasted a little burnt like the bottom of the pan maybe...my boys wouldn't even try it. BUT it did smell great and I'm seeing other good reviews here.....so we may give it another chance at some point.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“I am from Carolina”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Recently visited a relative in D.C. area and went to this BBQ restaurant two times during the week. She tried to entertain with more upscale restaurants but after one trip I requested to go again. I found the site to be comfortable and the food great. Being from the South BBQ pork was my only choice, but relative ate the beef BBQ and praised it. With all the chain restaurants available in this area I found this quaint place to be just like a place hidden on a side road in North Carolina. (Eastern BBQ !)

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
1 Thank Joan J
Aldie, Virginia
“Don't share your sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This sandwich is tooo goood to share... My husband said he did not want to share. Now I know why. It is truely GREAT!!!

• Visited July 2013