“Outstanding Weekday Value, Clean, Basic, Very Well-Located Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Arlington, Pentagon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3030 Columbia Pike, Arlington, VA 22204   |
Ranked #42 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Massachusetts
“Outstanding Weekday Value, Clean, Basic, Very Well-Located Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

I have read Trip Advisor contributions about the Days Inn in Arlington and feel that the picture is confused by mixing two Days Inn. The Days Inn on Columbia Pike (Days Inn Pentagon) is far, far better than the one on Arlington Boulevard and Pershing.

At Pershing, there is no complimentary breakfast, little service and marginal (cleanliness) rooms. At Columbia Pike, the front desk is excellent, there is a good (this is not the Ritz, remember) free complimentary breakfast, parking is free, and the rooms (beds, bathrooms) are clean. I read Trip Advisor's entries after my first stay there last week and looked closely at conditions there when I stayed there again this week.

The bottom line for me is that I am looking for the most inexpensive hotel for me to stay in, when doing several days of business in Washington, that meets a decent standard. My room was $89 plus tax, which is about as inexpensive as I could find during the work week (there are sometimes great weekend rates at premier hotels nearby). It is definately not the "worst" that I read in Trip Advisor. The Days Inn Arlington at Pershing I believe is earning that moniker. Please don't confuse the Days Inn Arlington with this Days Inn (Days Inn Pentagon).

The Days Inn Pentagon (Columbia Pike) includes an on-site Thai restaurant and there are banks, other restaurants and stores within walking distance. My work downtown was a 15 minute drive, door-to-door, in rush hour, from the hotel.

Would I bring my family? My wife likes to go upscale, so she would not be happy in a hotel below Westin/Hilton/Marriott standards. But if you find Days Inns acceptable, this is a great week-day (when rates all around DC are high) value (location vs. cost). I will stay there again when I come to DC.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

286 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

TO much my dismay, the hotel was gross. Mold in the showers, soiled towels and mold in the a/c unit. We had to stay there due to a group tour but would NOT recommend. The staff was excellent but the rooms AWFUL! The staff needed to be at 4star hotel for it's politeness and service. Will NEVER stay here again. Days Inn needs to remodel this place.

• Stayed July 2009
pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2009

1. Hot day, the air conditioning locked to very low part
2. The internet should work in the room, it didn't work at all in nowhere
3. The most hotel Days Inn in the USA serve breakfast, but not this one
4. The receptionist couldn't give us any right answer about breakfast and swimming pool, English poor
5. Very poor hotel compering to the price

Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Mclean
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

excellent stay,staff was very friendly.what you except what you pay for.this is the cheapest hotel in that area.i recommend to stay there.they have sightseeing tickets at front desk and they come to pick up you at hotel too.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2009

My girlfriend took me to the hotel for my birthday, the room was dirty and cramped. After a doctor visit we discovered that we both had SCABIES which is very common for unclean bedding. This is a mite that burrows under the skin lays eggs and multiplies into hundreds of itching microscopic bugs. After we talked with the Chicago manager, Stefanie, she was very rude and accused us of being unfaithful to each other. We got no refund on the money we spent on medication and doctor visits. DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
North Tonawanda, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights, the first room they gave us the bed were U shaped in the middle, and sheets had stains all over them. Mold in the shower. demanded a different room, and it was only slightly better. Carpets were so dirty bottom of your socks got black after a little while of walking around in the room. Woke p at night to see roaches running around by the coffee maker. Water leaked all over the floor when we took showers. Says they have free high speed internet, but were told upon arrival it isn't working. Had the free breakfast, but after seeing the roaches, not a chance we would eat there. Do yourself a favor and spend $10-$20 more for a good hotel. This place isn't worth the $87 a night they ask. Wouldn't send my worse enemy here. The worst hotel I've ever been to period.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

We found this hotel to be very old and run down. Internet did not work in our first room. Next room was worse than first, dirty, stained sheets and in horrible shape. Only stayed 1 of our 3 scheduled days. Couldn't get out quick enough!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Arlington, Pentagon? Share your experiences!