“dirtiest hotel I've seen in a long while...” 1 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Arlington, Pentagon to your Saves list
Days Inn Arlington, Pentagon
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3030 Columbia Pike, Arlington, VA 22204   |
Ranked #42 of 47 hotels in Arlington
“dirtiest hotel I've seen in a long while...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

Whilst attending a meeting nearby for a few days, I checked into the Days Inn. However, I nearly checked out on my first evening. The first room I checked into had no wi-fi signal so the receptionist helpfully checked me into another with a signal - this, in addition to cost and location, being the reason I chose the hotel. The elevator broke during my move from the first room which didn't surprise the receptionist -a sign I should have found another place straightaway.

The second room appeared not to have been cleaned properly for some months - the carpet at the perimeter of the room was covered in old hair/dust/goodness knows what (see photos). I checked the bed and mattress thoroughly for bed bugs but thankfully found none. The heater was utterly disgusting also - so I made do without heating for a few days for fear of what might crawl out of the unit! And I kept my suitcase shut and on the unit away from bedding and the carpet to try and avoid taking home any small invertebrate visitors.
Hot water only seemed available during the early part of the day - my shower head also had somebody else's hair on when I first went to use it.

For security, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to any single female travellers - the door locks are flimsy, the large window looking straight into the room meant it was easy for someone to peer through the shabby curtains inside (plus you could feel the wind blowing through the side of the door)

On the plus side (there were two pluses!), the wi-fi was fast and the reception staff were friendly and helpful for giving advice on restaurants and taxis. However, I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Find another Days Inn to stay in for a little extra money.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

268 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Saffron Walden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

We enjoyed our visits here on the way to and back from Willamsburg. (where we went by train from Grand Union Station- a great way to do it) Its is low cost considering its proximity to Washingon . The rooms are a bit tired but they had everything we needed. We did not have a car but got there ok from Dulles by taxi and then returned by bus, train and bus. There is a lovely Thai restaurant on the premises and right opposite is the Arlington Draft cinema which is a must visit. The reception staff were extremely helpful and the continental breakfast was fine Would I stay there again? Definitely

Room Tip: Book two weeks ahead for a discount
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Northern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

OK place to stay when traveling via Reagan Airport. Close to Arlington Nat. Cemetary & on major bus lines. FREE parking is a bonus as most hotels charge +/- $20. Lots of good places to eat nearby - Lost Dog Cafe & Brennan's Irish Pub were great!

No sign of bugs during our two-night stay - place was rather worn and in need of refurbishing, but our room was clean. Staff members were helpful. Continental breakfast was very basic.

A no-frills, inexpensive place to stay - NOT a honeymoon or "romantic getaway" destination...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Sugar Land, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

5 day stay there. On my last day, as I was packing up, I turned over a pillow and found a fat well-fed bedbug. Unfortunately, the bugs must have made it to my home despite me washing everything and throwing things away, as I got a lot of bites at home over the next few days. I had to spend $1500 for the exterminator to get rid of the things.

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Heerlen, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

Hotels in Washington DC are very expensive so staying in Arlington is a good alternative. After a short bus drive and metro trip you can be in the city center of Washington in about 30 minutes. The hotel is basic a cheap. It´s clean and the rooms are spacious. Breakfast is also basic but a Subway restaurant is across the street.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

We were in august 2011, in two hours my kids and me were bites almost 50 times. the manager NEVER TRY TO rewards Us. Just sorry. NEVER EVER made a TERRIBLE MISTAKE. IN 3030 Columbia Pike, Arlington, VA 22204 ------
We were there only for two hours, in a bed we find 10 bed bugs, and in the other one five. we leave that place and. send an e mail if you have questions

Room Tip: bed bugsssssssssssssssss
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Whitehouse, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Some poster's disliked this place, I beg to differ. Wanted to stay in DC close to attractions, but hotels are expensive $175.00/night and up. This was an affordable alternative at $85.00/night and you can ride your bikes into DC if you desire. Hotel was clean, front desk was helpful, free continental breakfast, free parking and the bus picks you up out front. Take any of the 16 buses and you will be either at the Pentagon or Pentagon City trains station in 5 minutes and you will be in DC in less than 10 minutes. If you go to the Pentagon train station you will get to see the main entrance of the Pentagon, no photos please...........RIGHT! If you're like us, we just used the hotel to sleep and get cleaned up for the next day of exploring. We had a king room which was huge, big enough to easily fit our bikes and not be in the way.

Room Tip: Went in September, off peak period, get a king room if you can.....large.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Arlington, Pentagon? Share your experiences!