“"Family Vacation"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel

You added Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 S Orme St, Arlington, VA 22204 (Formerly Sheraton National Hotel)   |
Ranked #30 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Huron, Ohio
“"Family Vacation"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Our family stayed at the Sheraton Pentagon City hotel from August 3rd through August 9th, 2014. The lobby of the Hotel is beautiful as are the banquet rooms and the Restaurant. We had amazing service from the front desk, Ranjit was very helpful, courteous, and kind. He helped us with the metro schedule, places of interest and dining possibilities. He is very patient and goes above and beyond in his service. The only problem that we had was that apparently the main hotel was sold out the night we arrived so our rooms were in building number 2. (We had made reservations well in advance) It was clean, but very dated, and small. The beds were not the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds that we have had at other properties. They were not comfortable at all. We travel very often and we always stay at Sheratons. This one is beautiful and the staff is excellent; it would have been nice to stay in the main building though, not in the secondary building that is not the same.

Room Tip: Make sure that you request the main building and not building number 2. The main building is very ni...
Green Features: They are very careful to be environmentally-friendly. If you chose to not have maid service, they offer you a $5.00 coupon to use toward the Restaurant and / or Room service.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I would like to name Isis at the front desk and Carmen at the club lounge, they both have made my stay. For example, I mentioned last time I didn't get the points like I was promised by the hotel, Isis promised to restore them for me. Also, Carmen opened the door after the club lounge's hour, and let me print out the documents I need, and wait until I am done, highly appreciated.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Steve W, General Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Thanks so much for your feedback and for recognizing Carmen and Isis, two of our outstanding associates. A good stay starts with receiving what you expect and when our staff can help make your stay more enjoyable it makes a good stay a great stay. Hopefully next time we can earn a 5 star review and please do let us know what we can do to help improve our service.

Warmest Regards,

Steve W.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

This hotel was the best among the ones I stayed during our trip to Washington DC and New York City. I stayed one night on August 3rd with my husband and my younger brother. When I checked in, there were many people at the front desk, and I had to wait for 10 minutes. It was not that long, so I was okay with that. The staff at front desk apologized for making me wait, and gave me free breakfast coupons. He was also very nice and kind in responding to my questions and needs.
Our room was very clean, and had a great city view. Breakfast was also really good. I was so happy that my brother, who visited the U.S. for the first time, liked the breakfast a lot.
The hotel is very close to the center of Washington DC- only 10 to 15 minutes drive. But we used the shuttle service while parking our car in the hotel garage. The hotel shuttle to Pentagon metro station was always on time. I will definitely stay at this hotel again if I visit Washington DC in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

My wife and I travelled from the UK with our daughter and two grandchildren. We had two rooms both of which had views over the Pentagon and Washington. We found the hotel welcoming. At reception we were expected and in no time were in our rooms. Rooms, restaurant and pool were all excellent. Shuttle ran every 30 minutes to Pentagon City Mall and Metro an excellent way of accessing the city sites. We were aware that there were no restaurants in the vicinity, but, plenty at the Mall, only 5 minutes away by shuttle. A very enjoyable stay. We would definitely stay again. This is our first stay at a Sheraton, but not our last.

Room Tip: As high as possible and overlooking the Pentagon and Washington
Green Features: We liked the idea of not needing house keeping every day by leaving a note provided on the door handle
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Davie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

After traveling all night and checking into the hotel, I was pleasantly greeted by Jacqueline, who immediately attended to my checkin protocol and needs. Jacqueline is a very professional and courteous front desk attendant. She went over and beyond to make sure I had all the details and options for our family vacation to the DC area. Being strictly kosher meant that we would need some suggestions for Kosher restaurants in the area. We compared hers to the information we found and headed out to Eli's Restaurant, which was only 5-10 mins. away. Next, during Shabbat, the Sabbath, we would need some other details worked out and it was suggested and arranged for us to speak directly with the kitchen. Almi, one of the staff for the Restaurant/Bar greeted us and I cannot even describe how wonderful she would be in handling all of our necessary details for us to heat/warm our prepared foods. I had an unsatisfactory experience with one of the staff the night we came in not allowing me in the area with outside food, knowing the protocol for these standards in the Food and Restaurant industry I understood, however, I was met by an Asian bartender that told me I was breaking the law and she directed me to the Business Center to eat my prepared Kosher food. This was the only staff member who was unwilling to assist me. I believe she could use a little training in expressing the protocol for the hotel and assistance in customer relations. More than anything we found this hotel to be convenient, very clean, renovations to the hotel are underway, only inconvenience was banging from the carpet installations on floors above in morning, and all staff highly trained in customer relations. Individuals like Tony, Shuttle Driver, Jennifer and Pacita in Housekeeping, the Head Cook of the Restaurant, Sam, all went the extra mile to make sure we were able to eat and experience a superior stay!

Room Tip: There are several different room layouts the traditional King and traditional double more than adequ...
Green Features: Recycling and Make it green, plus the charity for the domestic violence was very impressive. Portion of housecleaning is shared with charitable cause.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

My husband and I wanted to celebrate our anniversary without having to drive far. We live in DC and thought that this location was perfect. I really enjoyed dinner in the restaurant on Friday night. The gift shop was convenient when I began to experience a terrible headache and needed meds ASAP. I also took advantage of the indoor pool and the gym. I love to walk so heading down to the Airforce Memorial was a treat. I must say that I used to live about three blocks away so I am very familiar with the area. If you head out to Columbia Pike, go right if you are in search of a restaurant. It's s few blocks away or you can hop on the bus. Getting on the hotel shuttle will take you right over to Pentagon City. I would definitely return to the Sheraton for my staycations. I had no issues with noise or anything else that I see on other reviews. I did request a King bed in the main tower and they were able to accommodate them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main tower.
Green Features: The hotel is "green." If you put the sign on the door to refuse cleaning, you get a credit to your SPG account!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I just wanted to give a shout out to the wonderful staff at the Sheraton! They were so courteous and nice during my entire stay of 4 days!
Rangip was extremelly kind and upgraded me to a wonderful room on the concierge level when I told him the room I was in was not what was ordered by my company.
I will definatly stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business