“Family vacation access to all of DC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel

You added Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 S Orme St, Arlington, VA 22204 (Formerly Sheraton National Hotel)   |
Ranked #28 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Davie, Florida
“Family vacation access to all of DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

After traveling all night and checking into the hotel, I was pleasantly greeted by Jacqueline, who immediately attended to my checkin protocol and needs. Jacqueline is a very professional and courteous front desk attendant. She went over and beyond to make sure I had all the details and options for our family vacation to the DC area. Being strictly kosher meant that we would need some suggestions for Kosher restaurants in the area. We compared hers to the information we found and headed out to Eli's Restaurant, which was only 5-10 mins. away. Next, during Shabbat, the Sabbath, we would need some other details worked out and it was suggested and arranged for us to speak directly with the kitchen. Almi, one of the staff for the Restaurant/Bar greeted us and I cannot even describe how wonderful she would be in handling all of our necessary details for us to heat/warm our prepared foods. I had an unsatisfactory experience with one of the staff the night we came in not allowing me in the area with outside food, knowing the protocol for these standards in the Food and Restaurant industry I understood, however, I was met by an Asian bartender that told me I was breaking the law and she directed me to the Business Center to eat my prepared Kosher food. This was the only staff member who was unwilling to assist me. I believe she could use a little training in expressing the protocol for the hotel and assistance in customer relations. More than anything we found this hotel to be convenient, very clean, renovations to the hotel are underway, only inconvenience was banging from the carpet installations on floors above in morning, and all staff highly trained in customer relations. Individuals like Tony, Shuttle Driver, Jennifer and Pacita in Housekeeping, the Head Cook of the Restaurant, Sam, all went the extra mile to make sure we were able to eat and experience a superior stay!

Room Tip: There are several different room layouts the traditional King and traditional double more than adequ...
Green Features: Recycling and Make it green, plus the charity for the domestic violence was very impressive. Portion of housecleaning is shared with charitable cause.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

My husband and I wanted to celebrate our anniversary without having to drive far. We live in DC and thought that this location was perfect. I really enjoyed dinner in the restaurant on Friday night. The gift shop was convenient when I began to experience a terrible headache and needed meds ASAP. I also took advantage of the indoor pool and the gym. I love to walk so heading down to the Airforce Memorial was a treat. I must say that I used to live about three blocks away so I am very familiar with the area. If you head out to Columbia Pike, go right if you are in search of a restaurant. It's s few blocks away or you can hop on the bus. Getting on the hotel shuttle will take you right over to Pentagon City. I would definitely return to the Sheraton for my staycations. I had no issues with noise or anything else that I see on other reviews. I did request a King bed in the main tower and they were able to accommodate them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main tower.
Green Features: The hotel is "green." If you put the sign on the door to refuse cleaning, you get a credit to your SPG account!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I just wanted to give a shout out to the wonderful staff at the Sheraton! They were so courteous and nice during my entire stay of 4 days!
Rangip was extremelly kind and upgraded me to a wonderful room on the concierge level when I told him the room I was in was not what was ordered by my company.
I will definatly stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Extensive noisy bridge construction project immediately outside hotel. I was told the water would be shut off Sunday and Monday 8/17 and 8/18 and construction work would continue overnight. The hotel is nice enough and would be great except its in the middle of a giant muddy pit. I would avoid this place until the construction is over.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Michael B, Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about your recent visit. You will be pleased to hear that the work is just about complete and that we work very closely with the Virginia Department of Transportation, so that any work that is scheduled during overnight hours is communicated with advance notice to all our hotel guests. Please accept my most sincere apologies for your troubles. I hope you can give us another chance in the near future, so you can experience all we have to offer.

Warmest Regards,

Michael
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

The hotel was fine. However, if you're planning on touring Washington D.C. or anywhere, it's really awful unless you want to drive. There is nothing at all around the hotel of interest within walking distance. To get to the Metro, you need to take a hotel shuttle to get to Pentagon City, where there are all kinds of retail establishments. The shuttles generally leave every half hour. However at times, there were too many people waiting and we had to wait for the next shuttle. So the only way to make this hotel work is to take everything you need for the day, take the shuttle and Metro and don't return until you are ready for bed. If you left something at the hotel or you want to rest, forget it. If you plan on using your car, this hotel is probably fine. But I find that driving around D.C. is difficult, stressful and expensive.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Steve W, General Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts about your recent visit. I am sorry the hotel location did not meet your expectations. While the hotel does not have many restaurants outside our doors we do have some within only a few blocks and our access to Pentagon City is actually quicker with our shuttle than other hotels that you need to walk from. In fact many of our guests stay with us on a weekly basis and enjoy the value and convenience of our shuttle services. Of course you can’t beat the view of the Washington Monument, Capital Dome, Potomac River, Pentagon, and Air Force Memorial either which no other hotel can duplicate. Again, thanks for sharing your thoughts and please do try us again.

Warmest Regards,

Steve W.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I attended this hotel for business and found it to be located perfectly. The location is excellent for doing the touristy stuff after work and very close to restaurants for the evening dinner. Rooms were clean and the staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
woburn, ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Just checked in and I was so impressed by how efficient and kind Grace was at the front counter I had to rush to TA! They had so many folks at the hotel needing attention all at once and she kept her smile and her "Grace". Guess I know how she got her name. Hotel is real nice looking too and super close to The monuments

I will update upon my departure

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel? Share your experiences!