“Night of our wedding” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel

You added Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 S Orme St, Arlington, VA 22204 (Formerly Sheraton National Hotel)   |
Ranked #29 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Arlington, Virginia
“Night of our wedding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Ranjit was so nice to my new bride and I. Gave us complimentary drinks and breakfast when we told him we just got married.
Great view of DC from our room. Huge comfy bed .
There was a ball room dancing competition, so people watching was excellent. The place is a little tired but it lends a little city charm in the suburbs of DC. Nice location close to the capitol and Pentagon. Now I'm just typing to get to two hundred characters

• Stayed May 2014
Steve W, General Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thanks for your feedback and congratulations on your wedding. You will be glad to know that many famous people have stayed here the night of there wedding including many famous (or infamous) politicians and entertainors alike. I am glad you had a pleasant visit and you will be happy to know more upgrades are on the way to give us a new fresh look. Again, thanks for sharing your special night with us and we look forward to having you back each year for your anniversary.

Steve W.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We booked this through Air Miles, so I think we were stuck in the worst section of the hotel. VERY small room, tiny bathroom, and two twin beds with no hope of upgrade. Not exactly romantic. The Wi-Fi was quite expensive at over $40 over the course of our 2 night stay. Breakfast was very confusing; it would seem that some people got the breakfast buffet for free, but there was no one seating people, and no service staff to ask what the deal was exactly. The food at the buffet was poor, dry, and badly presented, and in no way worth $15 per person. Avoid eating here if you can, not even the coffee was good.
The concierge desk seemed unhappy about their jobs, unfriendly, and frankly kind of angry when asked for any type of help beyond checking in or out. While we were waiting to check in there was a young lady needing assistance with her wi-fi and the front desk went out of their way to NOT help her at any cost. Even a simple request of "where is the nearest place you can buy a bottle of wine" was reacted to like this had never ever occurred to them or been requested. They wandered off to find a map (?) came back and said they didn't have one, and then walked off again without an explanation. Just like bad service 101.
The location was kind of strange if you are going to see DC; There are shuttles the run from the Metro station to the hotel and back every half hour, but the actual hotel feels like it's just so out of the way. It's kind of a pain to get into DC to do anything. We had really wished we had gotten a hotel that didn't require a shuttle, a 30 minute wait, and then a Metro, every time we wanted to do anything.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent visit. Of course we are very disappointed that our service did not live up to our great reputation and tha you caught us on a bad day. A good stay starts with receiving a clean crisp room and ends with receiving friendly and gracious service by well trained attentive staff. I am sorry we let you down. You can be sure we will follow up on all of your concerns so that others are not disappointed. Again, thanks for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you will give us another try so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I was very pleased with my recect stay at The Sheraton Pentagon City. Be sure you stay in the tower. The annex is older and not as nice. Wonderful beds!

Thanks to a great front desk staff, Aria and Ranjit, were outstanding! Try for a high DC view. The view is unbelievable. If you arent lucky enough to get a room with a view, go to the 16th floor restaurant or banquet rooms.

Surprisingly nice hotel. The only drawback is there is no place to eat nearby except for the hotel restaurant. The restaurant is okay, but expensive. I wanted only a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. When I sat down the waitperson asked if I would like juice or some water. I said sure, some juice would be nice. What she didnt tell me is that a small glass of juice is 4.00! By the time I paid for juice and a bowl of oatmeal, I could have almost bought the 15.00 buffet.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed at this property in April. The front desk staff who checked me in was Ranjit. He welcomed me warmly and professionally checked me in in like a second. He also offer me a coupon for free drink because I will definitely miss the breakfast the next day because of very early flight. I really had a great experience. I hope his great service would be noticed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Steve W, General Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thanks so much for your review and for recognizing Ranjit one of our many outstanding associates. I am glad he recognized a way to make your stay more comfortable. Please do come visit us again as our best guest is one that returns every time.

North Easton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Ranjit was incredibly helpful and friendly. He answered all our questions and helped us get taxi cabs quickly, which was very important since we had a busy schedule. Cy was very helpful as well, one morning he even helped me adjust my tie. He helped me adjust it and it looked much better. We had the D.C. view over looking the Air Force Museum and Pentagon building. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate to stay there again. Great experience.

Room Tip: Select the D.C. view. An incredible look of the Pentagon and D.C. at night. Spectacular!
Green Features: Happy to see they have separate bins in the rooms for items to be recycled.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Steve W, General Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thanks so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor and for recognizing to of our many superstars in Ranjit and CY. I am so very glad we were able to help and that you could enjoy the great views of DC. Please come stay with us again we love having you here!

Powhatan, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

The location of the hotel was fantastic for area trips and the shuttle to the metro station made it easy to get to the district. The views from the top floor were amazing and the pool was ideal for the kids for this spring trip. The service provided by Ranjit while checking in and during our stay was top-notch. He provided us options for extending our stay and made numerous recommendations of places to visit and things to do during our stay.

Room Tip: rooms above the 3rd floor have better views
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review and kind words about your recent visit. The views and service are terrific but what makes this place special are the wonderful people. I am glad you noticed. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to having you visit us in the very near future.

Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Ranjt at the front desk was beyond helpful and friendly (and not just at check in). Also, you have to go get a drink from Hien. Very good bartender and funny. They have a great shuttle to the metro and airport if needed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thanks so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor about your stay at the Sheraton Pentagon City. We have many associates that are ready and willing to make your stay a memorable one and I am glad Ranjit and Hien were there for you. Again, thanks for your feedback and please do come again!

Steve W.

Been to Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel? Share your experiences!