“Excellent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel

You added Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 S Orme St, Arlington, VA 22204 (Formerly Sheraton National Hotel)   |
Ranked #28 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Northbrook, Illinois
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel for a business trip and was pleasantly surprised of the accommodations. I was upgraded to a very nice suite and as a Platinum SPG I had access to the lounge, the staff were very pleasant and very accommodating.

From the check-in where I met Lemar at the front desk who was not only a great employee and did a great job but was also a very nice person and was a pleasure to be checked in by him. He was a very pleasant person. He worked hard at finding me a suite, even though I said it was not necessary.

Overall a great stay, will definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Be nice to the front desk staff, they are very nice and accommodating
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Impressive lobby with the holiday feel. The pool was in a good location and the view from the top floor was very good. Unfortunately the good stuff ends there.

I didn’t mind the additional fee for parking (though it wasn’t apparent at the time of booking). Most centrally located DC hotels charge it. But the extra charge for Wi-Fi was outrageous, especially when it is free in most places (even public places) in the Capitol area. So when you add these to the room tariff, not to mention the cost of breakfast - then the total stay cost is a rip-off.

One more comment on the paid parking. When you pay for parking, you assume it is convenient to back to your room. We had to use two different elevators to get to the room - one to get to the lobby and another to reach the room from there.

Beds are comfortable, but every-time someone closed a door anywhere near our room (or the entire floor), we could feel the vibration on the headboards. This troubled us throughout our stay. There was a hole in the frame of the bathroom door (pic attached) - felt very anxious about the chances of a visit or two from some rodent/pest. Something needs to be done about a switch that seemed to be coming out of the socket.

Overall stay experience was below average.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel, nice rooms and was very close to all DC attractions and located with a nice view and easy access into DC and in the middle of Arlington! Would recommend this hotel- definatly not the best, but quality rooms and very good location!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Αθήνα, Ελλάδα
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I spent the previous weekend with my friend there. This hotel is good value for money. The hotel was in a very good condition, looked modern and new. The rooms were pretty roomy and the beds very comfortable. The lady at the front desk was chewing gum like she was acting in a Nicki Minaj's video clip! She did not stop even when we left. It was a nice gesture of her though not to charge us for the parking. (thank you very much!). The head waiter was very good at his job and his attitude was very pleasant. (in the breakfast). On the other hand the lady that was helping us during our breakfast was rude. Overall the hotel was good and the facilities. The only thing I think that this hotel needs to improve is the attitude of the employees.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I received outstanding customer service at the Sheraton. The staff was extremely helpful and considerate. They went the extra mile to ensure that I had everything I needed. They were the most professional and adorable hotel staff I have ever encountered. My room was clean and the food was good and the staff was great! I love seeing that in America you can still receive exceptional customer service. Thank you to Sara, Denika, and Dustin...you guys ROCK!!! A Movie Fan!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed there for business meetings. The hotel seems to be isolated from DC attractions, shopping centers, restaurants, and metros. If you do not have a car, you cannot welk to those places. However, the hotel provides complementary shuttle to metro and DCA airport. The shuttle operates twice an hour, which is very convenient.
During my stay, I used a shuttle to go to restaurants.
The room was well maintained and clean. The bed was comfortable.
I called the front desk and asked the room to be cleaned after 12 pm.
They told me that the room will be cleaned in the afternoon.
When I came back from breakfast, the cleaning lady is cleaning my room. So, I waited in the lobby, which was inconvenient.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Sheraton Pentagon City from 11/24/13 to 11/27/13. We were in town to visit my wife's mother for Thanksgiving and stayed at the hotel for a few days prior to going to the mother in law's house.

The hotel in general seemed to be maintained pretty well. The common areas were all clean and well appointed, as was our room. Housekeeping kept the room clean and always had a supply of clean towels for us. The only complaint I had about the room was that the bed caused me some back pain. This is not the fault of the hotel though, as the bed was a fairly soft inner spring mattress. My bed at home is a very firm temperpedic mattress on a platform bed. The difference was just a little much for my back to handle.

As for the amenities at the hotel, they seem to cater a lot to business travelers. They have conference rooms and meeting areas which we did not have occasion to use. The top floor of the hotel has an indoor pool, and also allows for great views of the Washington D.C. area. The hotels restaurant, The Potomac, is on the ground floor just down from the lobby. We did try the restaurant for breakfast one morning. They offer both a breakfast buffet and individual dishes. I found the restaurant to be a bit pricy for what it was, but most restaurants in the area are.

The hotel is also only about a mile away from Pentagon Row. This area offers a lot of different shopping and dining options. Arlington Cemetery is just down the road, although if you want to actually visit the cemetery you have to enter from the other side. It does take a few minutes to get to all of the tourist attractions in Washington, but we didn't find this to be an issue. And if you are flying into Reagan airport, the hotel is only about 10 minutes away.

Overall I would recommend this hotel. The stay and the service is definitely worth the money.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors offer great views of the Washington area.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel? Share your experiences!