“Accommodating.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel

You added Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 S Orme St, Arlington, VA 22204 (Formerly Sheraton National Hotel)   |
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Accommodating.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Lovely place. Front desk staff was exceptional. A lightbulb in our room had not been screwed in and it fell out and shattered on the table. We called just to let them know so the housekeeper would be aware and not get injured. They quickly offered us free brunch coupons. Nice touch.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

First, I stay in this hotel several years ago when I was in DC for pleasure. Based on my previous experience I recommended it for latest business trip with my coworkers.

Location: Pentagon... Surrounded by highways but in a good way. Pentagon City Mall with a metro station nearby with a shuttle from the hotel (5 min).

Room: Standard Sheraton room. TV, coffee maker, iron, desk. No fridge.

Breakfast: I did not use any breakfast services because it is easy to grab something in the Mall on

Parking: Underground, paid approximately $20/night.

Internet: Paid, free in the lobby.

Price: I paid once $60 via bidding on Priceline, which is typically 1/3 of the regular price.

Restaurant: I did not use any restaurant services on site but there are restaurant in the Mall. Be careful, on Sunday they close early.

Summarizing: My number 1 choice in DC. Its location and shuttle to the metro is very important for me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Good spot to be in, unless you have to find the place. The Pentagon gets in the way of all of the highways going every which way in the area and to the Airport. Once you solve the directions problem though you realize it is a convenient location.

They did all they could though to help. Shuttle service to the Mall and to Restaurant Row. Wow, what a great bunch of restaurants to choose from. And their Shuttle runs constantly. So leave the car in the garage and don't get lost.

Room was huge, and that is compared with Marriott and Hyatt in the area.

It is a little inconvenient to have to take a different set of elevators to the parking garage.

Room Tip: We asked for a room close to the elevator, and yet it was quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We booked this for the marine corps marathon and stayed for five nights! This is our first visit to Dc and felt we got our dollars worth staying here. The hotel has a FREE airport shuttle to and from; it also has a FREE hotel shuttle to the closest metro station! The closest metro station also has a food row and nordstrom attached to it. Can't complain about that! We loved these two amenities! It's at the back of the Arlington cemetery as well but you can't access the front - so be careful ! We opted for going green daily and try give you a five dollar voucher for food and beverages - we redeemed this daily at the coffee shop for Starbucks coffee and a pastry - perfect to start the morning!
We asked for higher floor and can see the view in the morning! My only disappointment was the pool - bec it's winter schedule they didn't open it until 5 -9 pm and I couldn't get my workout in since there's too many places to see and eat! Will definitely come back! Thanks! Kudos to the front desk and the shuttle drivers!

Stayed October 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The hotel was a typical Sheraton, met our needs and was fine in every way.
The outstanding part of the stay was dealing with Dustin who made sure we were happy, as we rarely travel as a family. He was able to change our room, as I was unhappy with my original view. He upgraded us to a view of the city. I could tell he was happy to be able to make the change for us. Not only did he make sure our accommodations were up to par, but he took the time to make sure once the hotel shuttle dropped us at the Metro, he made sure we understood how to use the public transportation to make our adventure into DC go smoothly. The other outstanding front desk person was CY. He was a true customer service person. He too went above and beyond. There was a mix-up with my bill, and he was able to fix it in a jiff. He did it quickly and took my word for the discrepancy. He was able to verify it later, however he wasn't questioning my issue. He just rectified the situation without a hassle I must say, these two gentleman made our stay.

Room Tip: Get a view of the city in the building with the poo.
Green Features: recycling trash cans in the room which I have never seen before.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I took time out to visit friends in the DC area. I ended up receiving a nice deal at the Sheraton and decided to go with it. Checking in took a while because the weekend I was there they also had a large West Indies gala going on. When I got to the desk they had trouble locating my reservation but for the difficulties I encountered they granted me free parking during my stay as well as gave free breakfast voucher for myself and my 3 friends. I thought this was very nice of them to do. The room was extremely clean. I have no complaints at all. They made my trip that much easier.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Have stayed there three times. Excellent staff, convenient free shuttle to Pentagon City, nice rooms, OK TV channel package. Weekend brunch is very good. Only downer is a rattling/lumbering air conditioning unit that gets worse when the AC cycles on.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple