“Slept Like a baby!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 S Orme St, Arlington, VA 22204 (Formerly Sheraton National Hotel)   |
Ranked #26 of 48 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Slept Like a baby!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The Sheraton Pentagon has to have the best pillows!! I stayed at this hotel for two nights on business. I experienced excellent customer service and fabulous room service. The room service fees where very expensive. I found out the first night after ordering. I often order room service after business meetings so I am accustom to the delivery charges...these where over the top! So, the next night I went downstairs to pick up my food....which was fabulous! I enjoyed the variety and selections. The room was nice and clean...the bathroom could stand some updating but nothing that would stop me from visiting again and I am a very picky business traveler!!!

Room Tip: its best to pick up the food from the restaurant and take it to the room vs. having it delivered. I...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

706 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The first time was great. The second time they put me in the tower, which is across the driveway from the hotel.

Don't stay in the tower.

It is the weirdest layout ever. I was in the basement. Two floors down from the entrance. And you cannot take the elevator down. They have this lift type of contraption that you can use but it was not working then I was there.

Now for the irritating thing in the room. This bit of room design just baffles me. The lamp on the nightstand only turns on when the light switch by the door is on. But if you turn the light off the light in the hall stays on. And if you turn the switch off not only does the light go out but the clock goes out. And the lamp has plugs built in to charge your electronics - so they will not charge.

As I mentioned, I have stayed here before. Make sure you ask for a room that is not in the tower.

Extra fees - If you join the Sheraton rewards program the internet if free and parking is $10 a day rather than $22. Join while you are checking in and they will waive all the parking.

Dama's is a hole in the wall Ethiopian food restaurant. It is across the street and is amazing

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Mebane, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had an odd # room which means no awesome view of DC. Make sure you get an even #. We had to pay for parking ($10) and internet access ($12)!! Ugh! However, it lives up to the Sheraton name: classy, sleek, clean. The desk personnel were great, even let us check out late (2 PM) without a charge. Room was so nice, bed so comfy it was hard to get up! No fridge, no microwave, but still very, very nice and quiet. Ten minutes from Nationals Park! Near the Air Force Memorial (the cool 3 spires) and up the hill from the Pentagon. Just GREAT!

Room Tip: Even number rooms mean views of DC...but obviously try for a high floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Vail, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed 4 nights here. The room was great but I did miss having a frig for my grandsons milk but we made do with room service which was good and also quick. If I was traveling with kids I would stay some where with a frig though. The view was amazing and worth paying extra for. The pool was on the top floor and there was a nice outdoor patio. The beds were comfy and the room was quiet. The tv channels were limited and there was no Disney or kids channels. The shuttle to the metro was a plus and the metro itself is great. I might try to find a hotel nearer a metro station next time though as it does add quite a bit of time waiting for the shuttle.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Paradise Valley, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Such a nice place, the had a shuttle to the metro and a shuttle to Reagan airport which was a big deal to me. The bed was super comfortable, the place was quiet other than when they were working on the elevators, Was lazy one morning and ordered breakfast, I got the eggs benedict with grapefruit juice and it was AMAZING, I'll add pictures. I had a room on the 9th floor facing the Pentagon. It was soo neat being able to look out the window and see it and Arlington, pictures to come. The water was hot and the pressure was good. I think it's crap for ANY hotel to not provide free wifi but there it is, I wasn't a fan of the lack of outlets by the bed not the end of the world though. I didn't go to the rooftop pool. I walked through the gym it seemed clean. The whole place and all the staff = amazing. Especially Evelyn! I had some interesting requests and she made me feel like she REALLY cared about what happened to me. Evelyn at the front desk MADE my trip. Thank you!!!!

Room Tip: away from the elevator and facing the Pentagon
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Madison, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I spent 2 months in DC at 8 different Starwood properties and this one had the best combination of elements (staff, amenities, reasonable prices and catering to both business and pleasure guests). The hotel had beautiful views, a very good restaurant and a fantastic club for those who have access. The lady who worked the breakfast shift in the club was absolutely precious and made every morning a bit brighter! It's true that it is not walking distance to any of the Pentagon City shops/restaurants, but there is a shuttle that runs every 30 minutes to the Pentagon City Metro or the Airport (and sometimes you can ask nicely and the Airport driver will drop you off at the metro- or even Crystal City where I worked!) They do have a capitol bikeshare by the hotel and with the 24-hour-manned Ft Myer Gate along the road to the Pentagon and Pentagon City, I never felt unsafe at any hour. It's DC, ride a bike! All the staff was both friendly and helpful and the view from my hotel room was absolutely breathtaking- Arlington National Cemetery all the way to Crystal City.

Room Tip: Higher floors that face the river have the most beautiful views.
Green Features: The option to decline daily housekeeping was just fine for me- I don't need much maintenance and it was worth the extra starwood points!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Lexington, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I arrived at the Sheraton at 9:30 in the morning and asked if I could check in early. The desk clerk informed me that they had been booked full last night and didn't have any rooms available yet - but then he offered to take my name and phone number and call me when one was ready. I took him up on the offer and my bag was valet and I hopped on the shuttle bus to the Mall. I received at call at 10:50 am letting me know my room was ready.

The room had a great city view and was nice and clean. The bathroom was split in two rooms, which was nice. The toilet and shower were in one room, which also had a counter, and the sink and clothes closet in another - so there was plenty of room for toiletries and makeup space.

The bed slept great and the air conditioner worked wonderful! I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a city view room...you wont be disappointed
Green Features: they have recycling bins in the room as well as the lobby
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel? Share your experiences!