“Nice hotel, location not great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 S Orme St, Arlington, VA 22204 (Formerly Sheraton National Hotel)   |
Ranked #28 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Nice hotel, location not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Booked this hotel thru Priceline for $60/night. The hotel is quite nice, but the location is not great. A shuttle runs to metro/PCmall every 30 minutes however. The neighborhood is NOT someplace you would want to walk in. I started out but didn't feel safe. Like most 3.5 star hotels, everything extra has a charge and is expensive. Wifi in lobby is free but wasn't in the bar/restaurant (which were also quite expensive). There is a nice 24 hr gym and a rooftop indoor pool and sun deck (limited hrs). For the price I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013

663 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Orrville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This Sheraton is very well run. The staff are extremely helpful and courteous; always more than willing to answer any questions and recommend/ provide transportation to the city. The hotel provides shuttle transportation to the airport and the subway station every half hour. If you have any questions about what to do and see in the Capita,l the staff is very knowledgeable.
Our room was comfortable and clean as well as well decorated. We found the pool to be wonderful. There is a lifeguard on duty, and sundeck has a decent view. Both the sundeck and the pool are on the top floor.
The restaurant was very nice as well. They were even willing to work with vegan dietary restrictions. We enjoyed very comfortable seating, the waiter was a pleasure, and the prices were not outrageous.
The only downside we experienced was some language barrier issues with the cleaning staff. It was difficult to communicate what we desired when she came to service our room.
Overall we enjoyed our stay very much.

Room Tip: In our opinion, the views from the north side of the hotel are the best.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Newofoundland, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I like the Sheraton - the room was large and there was lots of space. I did find the bed hard on my back - it wasn't very soft. The biggest problem for me was the location. The shuttle is excellent and goes every half hour to Pentagon City Metro station/Macy's mall and there is a different shuttle for the airport. The shuttle for the Metro stops at 11:15 pm which is fine for shoppers but if your out for a night on the town you will be cabbing it home. It's about $10 from the Metro or a 20 minute walk (I've done both). If I came back I wouldn't stay here. I would stay on the DC side instead of in Virginia. The location is 5 minutes from the Arlington Cemetery (walking) - if that is your goal you are good. If you are driving I can see this being a good place to stay as well as it is easy in and out. At this time it just didn't give me what i wanted. If you aren't being taken by the shuttle somewhere then there is little to do here and there is NOTHING close in terms of restaurant. Anything you want will involve driving or getting on the shuttle. The gym is well equipped here if your into that (free weights and a lot of machines) . Overall I like the hotel but I wouldn't pick it for my personal travel.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the Pentagon side
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Piscataway, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had our family reunion at this hotel back in July of 2012. I love staying at this place. I try to stay there when I'm up in DC every chance I get. What a great place to stay and relax. Very comfortable. You will always get a great nights sleep here. i always get a great rate too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

And by location I mean convenient, affordable and scenic. By convenient I mean easily accessed by car. Right next to Arlington Cemetery, it is moments from the highway and you don't have to drive through DC to get there. By affordable I mean that, given the much higher costs of a 3-4 star hotel in DC, this one is much less expensive. But the quality is what one expects of a Sheraton of Hilton, including ample rooms and facilities. By scenic, I mean that on our first trip a few years ago we had a room on the north side with excellent view of the DC skyline, truly memorable. The staff was helpful and pleasant. The room and buildings clean and well appointed. There are only three small problems.

1. It is not convenient to public transportation. Though they have shuttle service, getting to and from the hotel without a car takes effort .
2. It is not pedestrian friendly, in that you cannot walk into Arlington or to the Metro easily. The highways that make it easy to drive to isolate the building for pedestrians.
3. Leaving by car means braving the spaghetti bowl of highways and the unpredictable road closures that are endemic in and around DC. Our attempt to get onto the GW Parkway north met with road blocks that forced us into DC and poor signage there and in Arlington led us into Roslyn after that. Very frustrating.

The problems, as you can see, are not with the hotel at all. But they are also non negotiable. Knowing in advance will help make your stay better.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing DC
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I had an amazing time staying at the suite in the Sheraton Pentagon City. It's a beautiful hotel and is in a great location. It sits right on the border between Arlington and Washington DC. There is a complimentary shuttle that goes into DC about every 30 minutes.

In terms of the room, the bed was very comfortable. Amenities were available. The room had a lovely design and a great view. Everyone we encountered was pleasant and accommodating. The only downside is that room service ends at midnight, which is also when the bar closes, so if you're looking for food past midnight, you'll have to leave the hotel.

I'm pretty amazed that it's listed as a 3 1/2 star as I feel like it should definitely be a 4 star at the very least.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Downingtown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable and very clean is what I want most in a hotel and that is exactly what we got at the Sheraton Pentagon City. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom was sparkling clean. Cy assisted us at the front desk and was very pleasant. We would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel? Share your experiences!