“Great three days in Washington!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel

You added Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 S Orme St, Arlington, VA 22204 (Formerly Sheraton National Hotel)   |
Ranked #29 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Picton, Canada
“Great three days in Washington!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We were welcomed nicely by the front desk. Our room (using SPG points) was larger than expected with a super view toward Washington which was a little further away than we had expected for walking there (which we did once, taking us a little less than an hour to reach the Lincoln memorial). Kids loved the (medium size) pool which I was suprised had a life guard on duty. The Club lounge had good food and drink for breakfast and dinner and friendly staff, just a little disappointed in its shorter opening hours than some other Sheraton clubs. The staff in the restaurant and lounge were also friendly and we enjoyed the buffet breakfast for two days and appetizers one evening (tasty but a bit expensive). We used the shuttle service to the metro once and thought that the cost of the metro wasn't really worth it as visitors. A mini-van cab back from the mall area one day cost us (~$17) about the same or less than the metro for our family.

Green Features: Opting out of the room service (and new towels, etc.) for a day gets you a $5 voucher for using in the restaurant/lounge.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is a nice hotel in a somewhat weird location. What stands out about this hotel is the front desk. We statyed here on our way back from NYC, arriving fairly late in the evening. Gerrard (sp?) was nice enough to upgrade us when it was discovered that their regular rooms have 2 double beds instead of 2 queens. T
Check out the pool on the top floor. Great views from it, and from the room (ask for a city view, if they have one avail).

Room Tip: get a city view
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a great 4 night 5 day stay. We had our Jackson Family Reunion and it went very well!! Everyone was pleasent and helpful. There was no problem too big for Eddie or too small for Deeyan. Everytime I called, stood at the desk or even asked the same question a 100 times the staff still made me feel like I was the only cusomter in the room!!

Our morning breakfast was comfortable, delicious and pleasent. Dennis greeted and seated us with a smile and always kind words. There was no question that was not answered!! THe buffet breakfast was healthy and the GRITS rocked!!! I could not believe the Sheraton served grits with cheese!! You all rock Sheraton!!

Overall the stay was great! The entire family had nothing but great things to discuss, our rooms were comfortable and the rides to Pentagon City were jazz filled and comfortable.

All was great

Room Tip: The room with the view 9th floor 922 excellent!!!
Green Features: Love the non smoking environment and the cleanliness of each and every floor. Thank you for having the vending and ice machines nicely tucked away in the corners of each floor.
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Family of five just wrapped up a great stay at this property - clean, good service and great location. Roof-top pool was enjoyed by our kids. Best feature is free shuttle to metro for easy commute to city. Recommend this property for anyone looking for a stay close to dc.

• Stayed July 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I frequently stay at this specific hotel and I am impressed by the overall service. The front desk professionals made sure that I always get the best customer service, namely an employee named Hector helped me during my last stay. He was very courteous and very professional and I appreciated the customer service experience after such a long day of flying.

I definately enjoy staying at this hotel. About the only downfall is the location. Its probably not the best to wander out alone at night bc its kinda far from local restaurants, but it is fairly close to some special site areas around DC like the Arlington National Cemetary and the Pentagon so I found a great running route near the hotel. Overall, if your looking for professional customer service and a great room, then this place is worth the cost.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Traveling with my family, I always look for hotels that are economical, yet provide a level of comfort and uniformity that I am accustomed to (Mainly, Starwoods properties). I was a little on the fence about the Sheraton Pentagon City as it was not in a popular area, but it did seem close to DC and easy enough to get around.

We arrived a little too early and were not able to check-in, but the folks at the front desk was very pleasant and took our bags and promised to call us once the rooms were ready. On initial inspection, I was pleased with the lobby. Clean, pleasing tones and welcoming. We headed out to DC for the afternoon, not thinking much about checking in at that point.

We promptly received a call at 3pm informing us our rooms were ready. We weren't going to be back until early evening, so no worries. Upon arriving back, I was informed that we would have access to the Club Lounge, even though I am only Gold level SPG. I was so surprised! Our bags were delivered to our room by the same front desk staff and pleasantly welcomed us to the hotel. It was my first chance to use the "Thank You" certificates that SPG provides for someone who gives excellent service. On top of Club access, we of course also had free wifi.

Since we hadn't found a restaurant yet and were pretty tired from walking, we checked out the Club. Decent selection of food on hand and, although not a full meal, was just enough to hit the spot and satisfy us for the evening! We enjoyed a great view of DC, Arlington and the Pentagon from the Club!

Next morning, we headed back to the Lounge where a tasty breakfast was served. Right on par with other Sheraton Clubs. We were now ready for more DC sightseeing!

The rest of the stay was enjoyable and restful. We had a great view of DC and our connecting rooms allowed the kids to have their space, but come over to our side easily if needed.

Upon checkout, I had one more surprise waiting for me! I was told that there was no parking fee. I'm not sure why we did not have to pay the $22 a night (or whatever it was), but it was wiped off our bill....of which we did not have one, since I used points. Seriously a fantastic stay!! Maybe a little biased, but the staff seemed to go out of their way and provide service above and beyond! Receiving several perks I did not expect to, I will certainly be staying here again if my travels take me to DC!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing DC
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family and I stayed during my sorority's convention in July 2013. The staff was extremely accommodating in the midst of so many women with various needs. The shuttle to the metro was very convenient so my family was not stuck in DC traffic. The breakfast buffet was great and my kids even enjoyed the gym. Overall, I was more than satisfied.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor to get a view of the Pentagon.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel? Share your experiences!