“Exceeded My Expectations!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel

You added Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 S Orme St, Arlington, VA 22204 (Formerly Sheraton National Hotel)   |
Ranked #28 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Exceeded My Expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Traveling with my family, I always look for hotels that are economical, yet provide a level of comfort and uniformity that I am accustomed to (Mainly, Starwoods properties). I was a little on the fence about the Sheraton Pentagon City as it was not in a popular area, but it did seem close to DC and easy enough to get around.

We arrived a little too early and were not able to check-in, but the folks at the front desk was very pleasant and took our bags and promised to call us once the rooms were ready. On initial inspection, I was pleased with the lobby. Clean, pleasing tones and welcoming. We headed out to DC for the afternoon, not thinking much about checking in at that point.

We promptly received a call at 3pm informing us our rooms were ready. We weren't going to be back until early evening, so no worries. Upon arriving back, I was informed that we would have access to the Club Lounge, even though I am only Gold level SPG. I was so surprised! Our bags were delivered to our room by the same front desk staff and pleasantly welcomed us to the hotel. It was my first chance to use the "Thank You" certificates that SPG provides for someone who gives excellent service. On top of Club access, we of course also had free wifi.

Since we hadn't found a restaurant yet and were pretty tired from walking, we checked out the Club. Decent selection of food on hand and, although not a full meal, was just enough to hit the spot and satisfy us for the evening! We enjoyed a great view of DC, Arlington and the Pentagon from the Club!

Next morning, we headed back to the Lounge where a tasty breakfast was served. Right on par with other Sheraton Clubs. We were now ready for more DC sightseeing!

The rest of the stay was enjoyable and restful. We had a great view of DC and our connecting rooms allowed the kids to have their space, but come over to our side easily if needed.

Upon checkout, I had one more surprise waiting for me! I was told that there was no parking fee. I'm not sure why we did not have to pay the $22 a night (or whatever it was), but it was wiped off our bill....of which we did not have one, since I used points. Seriously a fantastic stay!! Maybe a little biased, but the staff seemed to go out of their way and provide service above and beyond! Receiving several perks I did not expect to, I will certainly be staying here again if my travels take me to DC!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing DC
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family and I stayed during my sorority's convention in July 2013. The staff was extremely accommodating in the midst of so many women with various needs. The shuttle to the metro was very convenient so my family was not stuck in DC traffic. The breakfast buffet was great and my kids even enjoyed the gym. Overall, I was more than satisfied.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor to get a view of the Pentagon.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Sheraton Pentagon City on our last trip to DC. We could not have asked for a better hotel for our stay. The hotel manager is definitely doing a fantastic job. Every staff member we came in contact with at the hotel was friendly, professional and helpful. The hotel was clean, the rooms were large, the beds were comfortable and the view was fantastic. The hotel is right across the river from DC and easily accessible from the city. The buffet breakfast was plentiful and delicious. Both the host and our server were extremely welcoming and attentive. We will certainly be staying here again on my next trip to DC!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Detroit, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel is old and not well maintained, but the worst element is that there seems to be a beetle infestation. On a work trip in July 2013, my supervisor and I swapped stories about killing multiple beetles in our separate (and several floors apart) rooms. It was too late at night during our single-night stay to move. Disgusting.

One positive if you are still reading and considering this hotel: good water pressure. That is all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
RobSPCGM, General Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear business_traveler008, thank you for taking the time to share you recent experience with us. Obviously your experience of any type of bug in your guest room is simply unacceptable and I apologize that you had to experience it. I certainly understand that you feel that the hotel is infested but I absolutely assure you that this is not the case. We have a professional company that maintains the property to be free of bugs, etc. but on occasion, insects can enter any hotel, home or building through open doors, windows, etc. as most of our guest room windows do open. Our pest control company performs monthly preventive service with a solid record in tact.

Again, my apologies for your experience but I assure you that we do not have an issue/infestation of any kind in the hotel.

Best regards, SPCGM
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Friendly staff. There is also a shuttle that takes you to the metro or airport every 30 minutes. I had a great brunch and actually really liked the hotel gym. It was nice to be out of DC, but easy to get to any of the surrounding towns.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Marlton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed here in June one weekend while taking a visit to DC with my wife. When we arrived at the hotel to check in there was a wedding. So finding parking outside was tough. When we pulled into the driveway for the hotel an employee asked if we were parking or checking in. I made the mistake in telling him I was checking in because he directed me to the front of the hotel to unload bags, but not knowing that I would have to go all the way back around to the same point only to gain access into the garage. Due to the wedding there was a long line into the hotel the first time and now I had to get back on it to get into the garage. Had I just parked the car the first time and carried my bags in through the garage I could have avoided the delay.
The hotel was nice, and the room was clean. The staff was pleasant. The hotel was in a good location to the highway and to most of the historic locations. We would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed here during our visit to DC with our 15 year old son and would definitely stay here again. Service was excellent from the front desk to the pool attendant who was always keeping a close eye on things as well as keeping the pool and floor immaculate. In addition to rooftop pool we really enjoyed the outside deck which was very relaxing after a long day sightseeing. Shuttle was very reliable and convenient dropping us off at the Metro which is also very convenient to many restaurants. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel? Share your experiences!