“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 S Orme St, Arlington, VA 22204 (Formerly Sheraton National Hotel)   |
Ranked #28 of 48 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed this hotel very much. The free breakfast was 5 Star. The French toast were the best I've ever had and my husband loved the omelette station. The staff were awesome. We loved loved loved our stay here! Did I mentioned we loved our stay here? Well we did. The shuttle bus drivers could be a limitless more polished....but again, we loved this hotel

• Stayed June 2013
RobSPCGM, General Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Cheryl Q,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in regards to your recent stay at the Sheraton Pentagon City. I was very pleased to read that our staff was very pleasant and willing to serve you at all times. I was also happy to read that you found the hotel to be clean and convenient and that you had the opportunity to enjoy our excellent breakfast buffet.

Thanks again and I hope that we have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Bet regards, SPCGM

600 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Haddonfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The staff was very pleasant and willing to please. The setup of the hotel is odd in that they have two "towers" . If you're in Tower 2, you need to go up or down from the valet area then take an elevator to the room. The main lobby had the check in counter off to the side; there were glass doors off of the lobby that went to the outside but not scenic (eg air conditioning units).

However, the room was clean, breakfast buffet excellent and it did seem like it was conveniently located to DC. Price was good too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cheryl Q,

Bet regards, SPCGM
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Everything about this place is great. The service is great, the rooms are wonderful and the beds are extremely comfortable. Breakfast is good and the best part is, location, location, location. Even with traffic you can get into the city in 15 minutes or so. Highly recommend this place for business and leisure travelers. Keep in mind that you will pay for all of the aforementioned but it depends of the high price is worth saving time. In most cases it is.

Room Tip: If you can get a room in the higher tower overlooking the Pentagon and Air Force Memorial you won...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Wildlife Travel24,

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel so much. I am glad that you had a chance to experience our great service and found our rooms so comfortable. I was also pleased to read that you had the opportunity to took advantage of our great location to see the many sites of the D.C. area.

So thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Garner NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel on a soggy quick 2 day trip to DC. The van picked us up at the airport and it was only a short drive to this hotel-located(as the in the name) right down the street from the Pentagon. Had some cocktails and a few snacks in the lounge area-which was nice although too brightly lit for a lounge area. It was a quiet night-
In the morning-had a feast of a breakfast buffet in the DR(off from the lounge area-everything was available and very tasty and all was set up by 6am! The service was excellent.
Van took us to Government Mall (a few blocks away) and we took the metro to the Monument area in DC-about 5-6 stops away- great way to travel! So easy! Did I mention the roof top pool? haha

Room Tip: We had a lovely room facing the Pentagon-2 queen beds-and Sheraton's usual great pillows and bed...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear yankeenc,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your recent experience while staying at the Sheraton Pentagon City. I am sorry that you had a few soggy days in D.C. as we have had a very wet spring and summer so far. I was very pleased to read that you had a great stay and enjoyed our breakfast buffet and our great service. I am glad that you had the chance to utilize our shuttle service to and from the Metro as that is the best way to get around in D.C.

Again, thank you and I hope that we have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Bayonne, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed her due to a cancelled flight and was pleasantly surprised at how close it was to the DCA airport. I was upgraded to a Jr. Suite which exceeded my expectations. The room was three times as big as the Jr. Suite at the Fairfax on Embassy Row. The price was almost half the price of what I paid to stay at the Fairfax too. Granted the location isn't as convenient, it isn't that far away by taxi to the city center. In addition, there was a spacious club lounge with a great view. You do have to pay for alcoholic drinks at the club lounge. The club lounge is staffed and the attendant is very friendly. Overall, I will stay here next time I come to DC and take the metro into the city. Bonus, there is a shuttle bus to the hotel from the DCA airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a Jr. Suite if you are a platinum member.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear whslc,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience while staying at the Sheraton Pentagon City. I was pleased to read that we recognized your Platinum status and upgraded to one of our Jr. Suites as they do have great views of downtown D.C. I am also glad that you got the chance to experience our Club Lounge as it is a great place for a bite to eat and a drink and just sit back and enjoy the view with some very friendly staff to tend to your needs.

But most of all, I am thrilled that you will stay with us on your next trip to D.C. and I hope that we will have the opportunity to meet in person. Again, thank you and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

CMH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

After asking several employees at the hotel how to get Mt Vernon Estate - they all said taxi which would be very expensive. But if you take advantage of the convienient hotel's shuttle to Pentagon City Metro Station, you can take the Metro's yellow line to Hunington Metro Station. The Hunington Metro Station is the end of the line for the Yellow line. From there, you would hop on a bus which is directly below the station. I believe the bus number is 101 which goes directly to Mt Vernon and drops you off at the Front Enterance to view George Washington's estate. The best part of this deal - the total cost is all under $10 to get Mt Vernon. Sure did beat a $60 taxi ride one way, and secondly the trip was safe and clean. Just thought I would share for anyone wanting to visit Mount Vernon because nobody at the hotel mentioned this option.

I also must say the beds at the Sheraton are VERY VERY NICE!!! Hotel Resturaunt is very expensive.

Yes the Sheraton is not within walking distance to anything but the Hotel runs a shuttle every 30 minutes to Pentagon City where you can take the Metro into the city, DCA airport (not Dulles), or resturaunts in Crystal City. We flew into DCA and did not have a vehicle and we were able to get around at ease. The first time riding the Metro was difficult to figure out prices, but they have workers that will help you and it was quite easy to figure out the rest of our stay.

Nice hotel but lots of high school students on DC visits

Room Tip: Rooms were quiet on the 9th floor. We were facing the highway, didnt hear the traffic.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Michael_Dx,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us during your recent trip to the Washington D.C. area. I was pleased to read that you found our staff helpful in getting you around the area and that you found the hotel to be very nice and our convenient shuttle service met your need to get to and from the Metro along with the many restaurants and bars located near the hotel.

Thanks again and I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

This concrete unwelcoming Sheraton hotel, which bills itself as high-end hotel, is outdated, lacking style, and has a management staff that doesn't seem to put customers first.

The Sheraton commitment to quality and excellence is definitely lacking at this hotel. Not sure if it is a franchise property, or what the deal is, but I was there for 5 nights and it was consistently low attention to detail everywhere -- they weren't having a bad day, this was how it was all the time.

I waiting almost 25 minutes to check in on a Monday afternoon, while front desk staff would start a person's check-in, then run to get bags from the baggage room, then run out to talk to the shuttle driver, etc. When other guests in line complained to a woman who appeared to be a manager, they were brushed off. It was a busy time -- it was just total chaos and inefficiency.

The hotel has no charm, no style. It is an aging concrete behemoth. They tout a renovated lobby -- but it is reminiscent of the Soviet Union circa 1979. The rooftop indoor pool area and what could be a delightful rooftop terrace had no décor, no plants, nothing except wet tile and some flimsy deck chairs.

The rooms themselves were 1990's style, comfortable, but nothing special. They lacked a mini-microwave and mini-refrigerator (that is almost standard in any other hotel of this type). The bathroom amenities were reminiscent of Motel 6.

Room service trays remained in hallways for more than 24 hours on some days.

Parking in this out-of-the-way location was an exorbitant $22.50 per day, even though there is NOTHING in walking distance of this hotel. The fact that they advertise as close to Metro and shopping is ridiculous, especially with the spotty van service to/from Metro they offer.

The front desk telephone often went unanswered and required 2 or 3 attempts. Wake up calls didn't happen.

I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone unless you are able to get it for under $90/night. I'd rank it with a low-end Comfort Inn. There are so many other more quality- and service-oriented hotels in the Pentagon City/Crystal City area to choose from.

• Stayed May 2013
RobSPCGM, General Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Rick_EMT, I quite honestly do not know where to begin as you obviouosly did not have a good stay whatsoever. All I can do is to apologize to you that we did not meet any of you expectations and fell far short of your standards. As you can see from other Trip Advisor comments, guests usually have a great stay and enjoy our Associates but this did not happen in your case.

So again, my apologies and thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

Best regards, SPCGM

Been to Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel? Share your experiences!