“Best Door Man in Arlington” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 S Orme St, Arlington, VA 22204 (Formerly Sheraton National Hotel)   |
Ranked #25 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Columbus, Ohio
“Best Door Man in Arlington”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The hotel was nice, I enjoyed the room. We reserved several conference rooms, at least one was a freezer, while others were hotter than a sauna. If you need anything, however, the door man, Haile Asmamaw, will be more than eager to help you with a smile. His attitude instantly put me in a good mood and enhanced my stay. It's the little things!

Room Tip: Request room with a view of the district
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RobSPCGM, General Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear TMESQ, thank you so much for taking the time to recognize Asmamaw as an outstanding Asscoiate at the Sheraton Pentagon City. I will make sure that he receives the appropriate recognition for being an outstanding Associate.

I do apologize for the inconsistency of our HVAC system as each room does have their own HVAC unit and controls but I have asked our Chief Engineer to ensure that all units are working properly since they are all less than two years old.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope we have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

674 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business. It is a nice, clean, comfortable hotel and lives up to the Sheraton standards. It is quite a busy hotel that always seems to have large groups staying there, so plan accordingly. The airport shuttle runs on a schedule every 30 min. so plan for that adjustment as well. The staff has always been really nice and accommodating.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear freetofly123, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am ploeased that you had a great stay and enjoyed all that we have to offer especially our convenient transportation to and from Reagan National Airport.

Thanks again and I hope we have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We enjoyed every aspect of our stay. The north facing rooms have an outstanding view of the major sites of DC. The shuttle to and from Pentagon City mall also makes travel into the city much easier. The service throughout was the highlight, especially Mr. Haile who was so helpful and pleasant in assisting my pregnant wife during checkout.

Room Tip: Our room on the 10th floor, north side had a great view of the major DC sites.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Traveler L, thanks you for taking the time to share your experience with us during your recent stay at the Sheraton Pentagon City. I am pleased that you had a great stay and enjoyed the great views of Washington D.C. from your room. Also, thank you for recognizing Mr. Haile for his great service and I will make sure that he receives special recognition for his efforts.

Congratulations on your soon-to-be arrival and we haop to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

New York City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were part of a group of 56 adults and children on Memorial weekend. Our tour group placed us at the hotel. Upon inspection, we noticed the filthy rug, and the hair in the bathroom and on the blow dryer. My husband and I checked the bedding and found the sheets to be stained with which appeared to be blood on one bed and a huge stain on the comforter of the second bed. We called house keeping (with difficulty because the telephone had no information on it) who asked us to call for a manager. The housekeeper was appalled, her manager was appalled, both evening hotel managers were appalled. We had to wait almost an hour to get a clean room on the fourth floor where we were all staying.

Breakfast buffet was part of our tour package. We were in a small room on the garage level. On the second day going to breakfast, we were told that management "scolded" us because we did not "clean" our tables the day before. Are you kidding me? We had to hand our plates, cups, napkins and such to the one staff member who stood by the garbage can. I've never had this happen at any hotel that I've ever stayed at.

After a day of touring the beautiful DC area, the children wanted to go for a swim. Unfortunately, the life guard decided to leave his post 1/2 hour prior to the normal pool closure time, so we had to go to the front desk to notify them that the pool was closed. Thankfully, the life guard was at the front desk so he had to go upstairs and open the pool. The pool was clean, but had a very strong chlorine smell in the air.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear O&Msmom, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our during your recent group trip to the Washington D.C. area. I cannot begin to tell you how disappointed I was when I read your comments about the cleanliness of the hotel. This is simply unacceptable and I have addressed these issues with the Team on the property. I was glad that our Housekeeping Management Team was personally involved in correcting the situation but this should have never been an issue in the first place. I sincerely apologize to you and your family for this experience. We typically perform well in the cleaniliness of the hotel but we sure fell short for your stay.

I have also address the service issue with our Banquet Team as this is definately not our standard of service. We did find one individual who was "cutting corners" so have corrected this issue also.

Again, thank you for taking the time to inform us on our shortcomings so we had the opportunity to correct them. I hope your overall visit to D.C. was fun, exciting and informative.

Manhattan, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed for business and while it was fine, I don't think it was worth the price. The people were very polite and I really liked that they had a shuttle to get from the hotel to the closest metro stop (which also happens to be Crystal City Mall). The restaurant menu was shockingly tiny (much smaller than room service, which makes no sense to me), but the food was good.

Green Features: There's a $5 voucher if you don't have housekeeping wash your sheets.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
RobSPCGM, General Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear FuhTeng, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel and found our Associates to be very polite. I was also pleased to read that you took advantage of our shuttle service to the Pentagon Mall & Metro Station along with stops at the Pentagon Row Entertainment complex.

I agree with you that our menu is too small and we are in the process of developing new menus with many more options that we anticipate a early September launch.

Thanks again and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Washington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Spent the last 3 nights at the Sheraton National, now called the Sheraton Pentagon City, on Orme Street in Arlington. We are in DC 2 or 3 times a year and always stay there. It is convenient, and frequently they have weekend specials, although not this past weekend, since they were full for the Memorial Day Weekend, with an 800 guest Indian wedding in the house.
But, always find their accomadations and hospitality excellent, and the bed was wonderful.
Wish they had free wifi, but you can't have everything.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dave-Marilyn-15301, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stays at the Sheraton Pentagon City. I was so pleased to read that you stay here several times a year and enjoy our great location and all that the hotel has to offer. We really appreciate your loyalty when you come to the Washington D.C. area so we can talk about the wifi when you come on your next visit as maybe we can have a chance to meet in person - I sure hope so!

Thanks again and best regards, SPCGM
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Once again, CY, the evening front desk manager went out of his way to get the perfect room for me and Asmamaw keep a smile on his face as he loaded and unloaded my "rolling home". Every one in the restaurant, including Dennis, the manager made me feel welcome again. The folks at this hotel are relationship-driven. Thanks for always making me feel at home! Again three special employees made my stay seamless.

Room Tip: The city view is amazing.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear ANG1307, I cannot begin to tell you how pleased I was to read that our Associates have made your visits feel a bit special as that is the most important aspect of a hotel stay inj my opinion. I will make sure that CY, Amamaw & Dennis receive some special recognition for their efforts as they perform so well in creating the relationships with our Guests!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us and I hope I have an opportunity to meet you the next time you are at the hotel.

Thanks again and best regards, SPCGM

Been to Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel? Share your experiences!