“Incredible City View” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 S Orme St, Arlington, VA 22204 (Formerly Sheraton National Hotel)   |
Ranked #25 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Arlington, Virginia
“Incredible City View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I specifically requested a City View room and was not disappointed in the very least...one large window afforded me a complete city view from the National Airport to the National Cathedral. Gorgeous. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff friendly and room service very convenient. The hotel's location requires a vehicle to get around. However, there are plenty of taxis to take you one minute down the road to the Village of Shirlington and its night life, or to a Subway/Metro shop. The hotel has been around for over 40 years but you would not know this from the interior design, very modern. Definitely a place I would book again for either myself or friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

676 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for the Marine Corps Marathon. We were treated so great! When we showed up our room smelled like must/cat and they apologized, moved us immediately and gave us complimentary breakfast for the whole family and free parking. They were so kind. I also packed my breakfast for race day morning. We asked if they had a microwave we could use and they sent a microwave to our room right away for use.
They front desk was helpful. It was a GREAT location to stay for the Marathon. A shuttle took us right to the metro where the start was just two stops away. The breakfast was delicious. Great atmosphere at a great price. I would definately stay here again. The only down side was the pool was closed for renovation. I will look forward to staying here next time we visit DC and using the pool!!
We even called to let them know we were having trouble getting back after the race (all cabbies were taken and metro line looped around building) we called so we would not be billed another whole night. They took care of us yet again. We were treated so great. It felt like we were staying at a friends house instead of a large chain hotel. When we go back we will not stay anywhere else!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ashley S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Shanna H,

We are always glad to host you at your home away from home. We hope and desire each of guests to have a similar experience as you.

Sorry our pool was closed during your stay, we have since re-opened the pool and look to have you here and enjoy it. We have great views from the pool area, which I know you will be able to enjoy on your next visit.

The Marathon is a great event and we are so excited to host you and many other atheletes in town for such an amazing event.

Thanks for everything and we are glad to be your friend and host you at your second home...\

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Staying here for a work trip and ended up at this hotel because of a conference. Was expecting to get into the city pretty easily (from NYC) to be able to meet up with a few friends to find that the hotel is pretty isolated and requires a shuttle (only one every half hour) to get to the closest Metro stop.

The first room I was put in had flying ladybugs (two of them). I called immediately to get my room changed and the receptionist gladly moved me to the club floor to a new room. I found myself in a room next to someone who had the hotel room phone constantly ringing (and I could hear it) because the walls are so thin (and who has people call them on their hotel phones- sounds like a scary movie)?

It's 189/night to stay here and there are no restaurants close by minus one Ethopian restaurant which is still a little walk. The restaurant in the lobby is annoyingly expensive and the food is entirely underwhelming.

For 189 dollars, I could stay at the Grand Hyatt in Dupont Circle, probably with better everything. Not worth it to stay in Arlington, next to nothing but the um, Pentagon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ashley S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear AnuM2011,

Let me first thank you for taking your time out to share your feedback of your experience with our hotel. Our team was sad to hear of your experiences here. We understand our location may not be convenient for all guests, which is why we try to accomodate in other ways. However, we were not successful in doing this with you and on behalf of the team, I do apologize for the lack of a great experience.

We have reviewed your thoughts from your experience in regards to pricing, etc. and we are seeing what options we can take to ensure your next stay with us will be great and you will feel your experience meets the value of the amount spent for staying with us. We know we are continually growing and improving to ensure no further similar issues or concerns are experienced.

Thanks again for your time and we do look to host you in the future. We hope you will consider us on your future visits to this area.

Kind Regards,

Ashley
fayetteville nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice Place ! Under renovation, but easy to ignore because of the rate flexibility. I stayed here for the Redskins vs. Panthers game and went to the Maryland Casino, so the place is in the middle of whatever you want to do in the region. One thing is to make sure you pick up something to eat before you are in for the night. Their is a restaurant on sight, but kind of pricey, and the other familiar restaurants are on Jeff Davis Hwy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I am a sucker for clean, cold rooms and this hotel provided both. My only complaints about the room is that the water pressure was a bit low in the shower and we could hear people in the hallway and in the next room. The hotel is off the beaten path and a bit far from most of the attractions. While the hotel did provide a shuttle to the nearest Metro station, it was not always prompt on drop off and pick up. Also, there is only one shuttle so if you are there during a peak tourism time, you may not get on the shuttle the first go around.

Although we were staying on a Club floor and had Club access, our keys never did work on the Club lounge door. On the second night of our four night stay I asked the front desk to re-code our keys. The clerk claims to have done so yet the keys never did work.

While most of the staff members were not overly rude, I didn't find many of them to be pleasant either.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Upon driving up to the front entrance to check in, I was practically assaulted by the female "security" woman who ordered me not to park where I was, rather than approaching me and asking me to move forward so that their van could make the turn. Finally, I asked where she would like me to park and she directed me forward to the other side of the main entrance.

We checked in using out LivingSocial deal which included 2 free breakfast coupons, a free parking pass (normally $22.50/day) and two $5 Metro Cards. When asked, we were told breakfast starts at 6am which worked well for our morning marathon start time of 7:55am. We found our room, finally, as it was not clear that our room was located across the main entrance and not in the main building. Our room was clean, nice and quiet with the usual amenities one would expect. Our only disappointment was that we found out breakfast did not start until 6:30am which put a bit of a wrench into our plans. One would think that a hotel within walking distance of the Pentagon where the marathon starts, would open breakfast a bit earlier to accommodate all the runners staying there. Oh well, we were prepared and made so with what we brought. We really couldn't add to much else to this review as we were in and out so quickly. It was certainly very convenient to the Pentagon and this worked in our favor. We will stay here again if the opportunity arises.

Room Tip: Insist on the main building. The other building has a funky little thing you have to do to get to th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ashley S, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear PJewett,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The Marine Corps Marathon is a great event we are happy to have here in the Greater Washington Area.

On behalf of our team, I would like to apologize for your experience during your arrival to our hotel and the lack of direction provided to your room location. I know having a great breakfast is important way to start the day and I truly am sorry to hear you were not able to partake of this due to incorrect information provided to you. We take each comment as a great feedback and learning experience for our team and we all discuss how we can prevent from this happening again.

As you mentioned, we look forward to having you stay with us in the future. Next time we hope you will be able to experience our Breakfast Buffet as it is a great value we offer here. Hopefully you were able to enjoy the city slightly while here for the Marathon.

Kind Regards
new hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was here for a work related event and found the hotel to be a bit isolated and kind of far from the sights in D.C. The rooms were very clean but felt a bit dated and the walls are far from sound proof. The staff were mostly very friendly, although after checking out I had the hotel hold my bags while I explored the city. Upon returning, they couldn't find my luggage and I had some tense moments as I had a cab waiting to take me to the airport while they scrambled to find my bags. They did apologize after eventually tracking them down. Also on checking in I was told that all that was available were doubles, but when I said that I was supposed to have a king, they suddenly "found" one. I hate games like that. I would say book this hotel only if the price is right and if you need to be in the vicinity of Arlington rather than downtown D.C. Not at all a bad hotel, but kind of mundane and with some mostly minor service issues.

Room Tip: If they try to bump you from your original choice of room, firmly but politely insist on your origin...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel? Share your experiences!