“Good SPG experience but poor Internet” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 S Orme St, Arlington, VA 22204 (Formerly Sheraton National Hotel)   |
Ranked #28 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston
“Good SPG experience but poor Internet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

As an SPG platinum member I see a lot of Sheratons. This is one of the nicer ones. I was upgraded automatically which I appreciate. The two-room suite I was in was close to the SPG lounge which was great. The suite has wall AC units which keep the rooms comfortable but can be a little noisy (not too bad though). The bed was, as usual, sumptuous. The SPG lounge has an excellent buffet breakfast and early evening. Alcoholic drinks in lounge are not free. On the top floor there is an indoor pool and gym. My only gripe is the Internet, which was simply frustrating. There was no wifi in the Link lounge and despite questioning a member of staff nobody showed any interest in fixing it. In my room I could stream data but not access any websites. I called to "service express" ... No answer the first time. The second time I called I was put through to "it" and again no answer. Internet access is a critical need for me so this is a huge black mark in my opinion. Assuming the Internet is a temporary problem, the hotel is a comfortable place to stay but there are not many place in walking distance if you want to eat out.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

This is a really nice hotel with views of DC overlooking the Pentagon, Washington Monument, etc. With a free airport shuttle, staying here can make your trip less expensive than flying into Baltimore, even considering the higher cost of flying into National. Although the hotel is not close to a Metro stop, the free shuttle will take you to one in just a few minutes during most of the day.

The food here is great, room service prices relatively reasonable. There is a nice heated in-door pool on the roof with a life guard. My kids loved that amenity after a day of touring.

Hotel staff were uniformly friendly and helpful.

We would stay here any time in the city.

• Stayed June 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed one night and the hotel was great! It is close to everything in DC!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Las Cruces, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

My stay at this "hotel" was for business, and it was free to me, but it was still not worth the money I paid. Like many other people who were unhappy with their experience I was housed in the annex across the hotel's driveway. I don't understand the rationale behind assigning a lone female traveler a ground-floor room immediately across the street from run-down houses; but the biggest problem I had was not the security, but rather the lack of cleanliness. The carpet in the room was filthy, with big black stains on it from who knows how many years of not cleaning.

The gym, on the 16th floor, was well-equipped with cardio and weight equipment, but there was no circulating air due to either the design of the room or a nonfunctional airconditioner; it was impossible to tell what the problem was. Informing the front desk about the problem produced no results, since the people at the front desk are completely obnoxious. They act as though they are doing you a favor by allowing you to stay at their hotel.

The only internet provided is in the lobby; and yet when I stayed there, there was an earsplitting prom being held in the ballroom directly abutting the lobby until 1am, so that it was impossible to stay there and work. And finally, as many others have also noted, this hotel is in the middle of nowhere. Without a car, you are completely dependent on the shuttle to Pentagon City station, which only runs every 1/2 hour. The hotel is large, so the shuttle tends to be absolutely packed, standing room only.

Anywhere else has to be superior to this.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
SRagosta, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear LC1968,

After reading your comments it is obvious that we came no where close to your expectations. Please except my sincerest apology and I would like to talk to you about your stay.

Please give me a call so that we can address your concerns.

Scott Ragosta
Guest Relations Manager
703.271.6603
Scott.ragosta@sheratonnational.com
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I came here for 1 night to explore Washington DC, its very close to the center I got special deal online $100 a night with breakfast for 2 included and parking space. The hotel looks nice, rooms are big and clean, the hotel has pool and breakfast was really good, actually it was one of the best breakfasts that I had in hotels, the variety was great and the guy makes you eggs any style you like. What I didn't like is that they were not able to check us in on time, we got checked in like 6pm, it wasn't a big deal because we went to explore the city, but the receptionist was kind of rude and did not apologize for the delay, he did however offered us extra ticket for free breakfast for our friend when he saw I was about to loose my patience. Overall it was a good value stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I was not a guest here, but attended a conference here. This hotel is one of the worst I've experienced. It seems like a very old building. Its neighborhood is questionable. On the first day of my conference, there was a man practicing some sort of activity with knives on the street right in front of the hotel. There are old homes in front of the hotel and the neighborhood just does not feel safe. The conference rooms are old and in many of the various seminars I attended, we could hear the clickety clack of the kitchen staff that was working behind the rooms. We could hear staff yelling across their room to each other. The reason why I give this 2 stars is the proximity of this location to Pentagon City. I imagine this is very convenient for guests. The other nice thing about its proximity is that buses regularly come through this area and will take you straight to the Pentagon City or Pentagon metro stops.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear LifetimeTraveler22,

First I would like to apologize that your meeting experience was not what you expected. The building just went through a face lift 2 months ago, including new paint and exterior finishing.

As for the neighborhood, it is completely safe. The Pentagon is less then a mile away and Joint Base Meyers’ entrance less then 100 feet away, the area is constantly patrolled. As for the gentleman outside, he is one of the local kids and is an avid street performer. If you are lucky, in the morning you can watch him break dance and juggle on the sidewalk across from the hotel!

If you have any more comments please feel free to reach out to me.

Scott Ragosta
Guest Services Manager
703.271.6603
Scott.ragosta@sheratonnational.com
Aledo, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We were there for a reunion. We got our registration in very early and requested a room with a view. Well, we were in the annex, with a view of a few apartment buildings, and the annex smelled of mildew. The cleaning staff was a joke, often not even emptying the waste baskets! Garbage, aka empty pizza boxes, etc, laid in the hall for days. The desk staff was down right rude.
Ate breakfast at the resturaunt...once. Around $ 45.00 for two, and not very good.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel? Share your experiences!