“Friendly Clean Pleasant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel

You added Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 S Orme St, Arlington, VA 22204 (Formerly Sheraton National Hotel)   |
Ranked #27 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
California
“Friendly Clean Pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

Most friendly hotel staff in DC area! I've been to DC a few times for conferences. This was the first time our conference was held at the Sheraton National. The conference room was a little tight, but the staff was the most friendly I've ever encountered in this area. My room was very clean and comfortable and had a great view of the Arlington National Cemetery and DC. The bathroom was VERY clean. The temperature control was on the wall (not on the actual heater) worked perfectly. There was complimentary water in my room daily. The fitness room was equipped with 2 treadmills, 2 elliptical machines (not working while I was there), and 2 stationary bikes plus some weights and machines. Bring your own headphones to watch the TV on the machines. And if you want, you can climb the stairs up to your room for exercise. The stairway was well lit and clean. The only negative is the location - not near anything except for an Ethiopian restaurant right down the street. However, there is a shuttle service to the Pentagon City mall and metro station if you want public transportation. Overall, love the hotel and staff. Location not as desirable for sightseeing.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor facing the city. I had room 920 which had a great view and was quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I stayed here for a week during a conference. It's a nice Sheraton, even though it might be a little dated.

Pro:

Great service - I ordered room service a few times and the food always arrive within 20 min. The staff were very friendly, every time I called the front desk they knew my name.

Great food - Even though there is only one restaurant in the hotel, the food variety was good. I ordered different things from the menu, including appetizer, salad, main entry, and desert. Everything was made fresh and delicious

Shuttle - There is a shuttle bus that goes to the local mall / metro station every 30 min. Pickup is at the same drop off point and it's every 15 / 45. Very easy to use and good mall to walk around.

Big romm - The room itself was nice and comfortable. I have a king sized bed room on the 9th floor. Very nice bed and it's big.

WIFI - It was including in my room rate as I was there for a conference. WIFI worked well in room and good speed.

Con

Location -There is nothing around the hotel you can walk to, so use the shuttle if you don't have a car

Room Tip: Stay in the main building and if you want a view get high floor rooms.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

The hotel was about average for a Sherton. Great place for business. The rooms were fine, quiet, and comfortable beds. I had some difficulty with the electric socket in my room (the one by the mirror) and the staff was very plesant and helped with my problem. The breakfast is also a great option for those on business and need a quick bite to eat. My one main complaint is the confusion on the layout of the hotel. If you are located in the other tower it can be confusing to find your room.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Before reserving the hotel rooms for a family gathering in December, I saw the indoor swimming pool listed as a feature. I packed all my swimming gear in the luggage and looked forward to nice workout in the pool. The morning after we checked in, I walked to the swimming pool from the fitness room locker room and found the door locked. I called down to the desk to find someone with a key. The Sheraton associate assured me that I had misread the notice outside the door. Sure enough, in fine print, the sign read that the pool opened at 5:00 pm, not 5:00 am, and closed at 10 pm. Since I was checking out by 12 noon, not much chance that I would hang around till 5:00 pm to use the pool. There is a separate charge for parking underneath the hotel. Not much street parking in the adjoining streets. The rooms were adequate and beds were comfortable. Bathroom sink is outside toilet, so that one person can shower while the other brushes teeth. The highlight was the breakfast buffet in the lobby level restaurant, where the Maitre D let us eat in the Executive Room, set aside for groups of 14 or more. It was almost enough to make me forget about the pool, as I packed all my swimming gear back in the luggage for checkout. Front desk did apologize that they did not have lifeguards available during the daylight hours.

Room Tip: It's the tallest building for several blocks in every direction, so view is fine from every room...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Derry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I stated there a while back when i was travelling with a large group called GYLC, we had to share rooms with the other people on the trip but the rooms were beautiful, the bathrooms were lovely, the staff were great and everything was in order for our conference. We were not allowed to use the pool, considering there were so many of us, but i'm sure it would've been great :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main hotel building, not the annex
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Cairns, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

I booked through the hotel chain website directly using my Starwood Preferred Guest number. In the comments section I advised that I would be arriving at 6am on the 23rd, the booking for a week commencing 22nd. We took the red-eye from LA, so wanted no delays on check-in waiting for a room as we experienced in LA. The room was paid for in full at reservation. When we arrived to check-in, the receptionist told us that the booking was for yesterday. I advised that we had indicated in the booking comments that we would be arriving at 6am 23rd. He then proceeded to check us in for the week. I was asked to provide a credit card for incidentals which I did.
The room was relatively small but comfortable. An invoice was placed under the door and had only the breakfast that I charged to the room. I physically checked out at the end of the stay and was told that the incidental charge for breakfast would be put on my credit card. No problems, right? I then check my credit card from NY the next day and see the week's stay billed to my card. Not only that, but the card was my Australian dollar card which also charged exorbitant currency conversion fees. I had to call the Sheraton long distance from my room and spoke to two staff. The second could see on her computer that they had made an error and said that the manager, who was in a meeting, would call me back to fix the problem. I advised that I was in a NY hotel and provided the hotel number and my room number. I waited by the phone in my room for 3 hours with no call. On my return there was no missed call or message. I waited a few days to see if they would refund the money as it had now been brought to their attention, but no.
I then emailed a complaint to the manager Ken and received a reply from another staff member promising to refund my initial charge at reservation. However, there was no offer of refunding the exchange rate fees as requested in my email. Not even an apology from the manager for fraudulently billing my credit card $900 when the card was provided for incidentals only and was not authorized for billing the room charge. No apology for refusing to return my call or for failing to refund the charge when it was first brought to their attention. All I got was an explanation that when I did not check-in on 22nd, they cancelled the reservation and forfeited the week's fully paid room, and then just booked me in for another week without telling me.
This is an unethical hotel and should be avoided. The manager Ken Perduzzi is too busy or just too rude to return any calls or correspondence himself. Give the place a miss or check your credit card statements closely.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Kingston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

This hotel is in Arlington on the outskirts of the city. The hotel overlooks the Pentagon. There is nothing around the hotel such as restaurants or stores so the Hotel offers free shuttle service to Pentagon City on the half hour which is a shopping and restaurant region and a Metro stop. From the hotel it is only a few minutes drive but it would not be an easy walk. The Metro takes you to the White house area and museums in 14 minutes where everything is within walking distance
Once you get to the hotel you just park your car in the garage and enjoy the sites of the city .

This is a great hotel with self contained "Starbucks" coffee shop the morning and it has a very nice restaurant offering reasonable priced meals . Staff and service was excellent . There is free Wifi in the lobby and a charge applies if you want to use it from the room.
Parking at the hotel is extra at $20.00 per day.
All in all I would stay recommend it as a good place to stay .

Room Tip: As for the view over looking the Pentagon from the top floors
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel? Share your experiences!