“Great visit -” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Crystal City

Save Saved
You added The Westin Crystal City to your Saves list
The Westin Crystal City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Sheraton Crystal City Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great visit -”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

They just re-opened as the Westin and this place looks great. They are still getting everything in perfect working condition but the staff was incredible. Thanks Ranjit, Sami and Liz. Everyone took the time to say hello and ask if I needed anything. Rooms have been re-done - look great - very comfortable bed.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in March. The hotel is in a excellent location, walking distance to the metro, and the staff is very nice and courteous. Even though it was busy the check-in was quick. My only complain is the standard if the rooms. Pretty much I did not feel as if I was saying at Starwood property--felt more like a run-down motel. Everytime we would sit on the bed, it would make a rocking noise. Beds were wobbly and mattress was caved in. I can go on and on about the furniture/hallway corridors. We could hear other hotel guest conversations while we are inside the room. To sum it up, this hotel needs a major renovation!! I was extremely disappointed at the standard of the hotel.The location and staff is excellent. I'm a loyal SPG member and stay frequently at SPG properties. This was a awards stay and I feel I wasted my hard earned SPG points....wish I could get a refund!!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Gulfport, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

This was my first visit to Crystal City and staying at the Sheraton.Kudos to all the staff who work here, especially Ariel, Ravjit and one of the male bar/lounge attendants(don't recall his name but was working evening March 18 and March 20th). They were very nice, attentive and made a point to speak and ensure your visit was going well. Ravjit remembered me from the previous day and we had a nice chat. You can tell he enjoys what he is doing. Rooms were nice, pillows not so much ( soft and went flat quickly) but other than that accomodation were good. Very easy access to the Metro with Metro staff very knowledagble/helpful as first experience attempting to navigate the Metro ( which is very easy!).
Ate at the bar/lounge twice since restaurant wasn't open in the evening and the food was very good and reasonably priced. Would defintely stay again and look forward to coming back after the renovation and re-opening.

Green Features: They offer you extra reward points or a $5 food/beverage credit inaddition to not having your room/linens cleaned every day.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Julie Y, Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Beth,

Thank you so much for offering such a great review of your recent stay. We are so glad to hear that our staff made you feel so welcomed! We look forward to hosting you again after our renovations are complete. Please visit us again soon!
Florianopolis, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

The hotel had a very good gym room, was very near to the metro station. It's a big name hotel and it met all of my expectations. The metro makes is easy to get into the District quickly. I had a great experience interacted with the staffs there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
We are so glad to hear that you had such a great experience while staying here at the Sheraton Crystal City. The convenience of our property to the local area ensures that our guests return year after year! Please return again soon. We look forward to it!
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

My stay at this Sheraton was amazing. I drove in PA was a little thrown off and in a bad mood because of the drive, and the fact that there was a major detour with no signage which made my drive longer. My attitude changed as soon as I met Ranjit at the front desk of the Sheraton. He literally answered every single question I had before I could even ask. I think he provided the best service I have ever experienced at any hotel. I had almost forgot to ask about an extended late check out. I was in town for an interview and needed to come back to change and log into work. He was gracious enough to extend my stay to 4:00pm. This was such a blessing because I've stayed places were checking out at even 12:00 seemed like a major issue. The great part was that he asked before I even had to. He gave me some great words of encouragement. He even went so far as to provide a complimentary breakfast buffet. The room was clean and comfortable. The only negative was the heat vent was a little noisy. Aside from that everything about the hotel and the staff was amazing. They definitely have their customer service down. They were very welcoming and if I ever have to stay in the area again this is where I will be staying.

Hi Jennifer,

I am so glad to hear how amazing your stay was here at the Sheraton Crystal City! We are so proud to have ambassadors on our staff like Ranjit who go above and beyond to offer quality service to all of our guests. Our aim is to make sure you feel welcomed and taken care of and I am delighted that we were able to do this for you. Please visit us again soon. We look forward to it!
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

The hotel had wonderful beds, was a close ride to the airport and a short walk to the nearby metro. It's a big name hotel and it met all of my expectations. I'd happily stay here again when my trip centers around Reagan airport.

The metro makes is easy to get into the District quickly, and have an affordable and comfortable stay with a shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thank you so much for your 5 trip advisor rating! We are honored that we were able to make your stay exceptional. If you would "happily stay" with us here again, we would be delighted to welcome you back!
Denver, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed at this hotel again, because of its great location. The hotel itself really needs an update (it is officially getting a renovation from APR to AUG). Despite this, I still had a great experience interacted with the staffs there. I would like to recognize front desk staffs "Ranjit" and "Tang" for their friendliness, they were also very attentive. Additionally, restaurant staffs "America" and " Maria" just simply made my day with their great service attitude.
I hope the hotel would recognize their great service and the new Westin would keep all these great staffs.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the gracious review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Crystal City! We are proud to have great ambassadors on our staff like Ranjit, Tang, Maria, America and so many others that create exceptional experiences for all of our guests. They truly make us shine. We look forward to welcoming you back after our renovations. See you soon!

Been to The Westin Crystal City? Share your experiences!