“Exceptional Staff "Ranjit"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Crystal City

You added The Westin Crystal City to your Saves list
The Westin Crystal City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Sheraton Crystal City Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, Washington
“Exceptional Staff "Ranjit"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I arrived at the hotel around 11:30 without dinner, so upon check-in, I was asking if the restaurant is still opened and mentioned that I have not eaten yet.
After checking in, I saw the front desk staff "Ranjit" went to the bar and asked if the chef is still around.
Obviously it's 30 minutes after the closing time, so the chef left.
Then "Ranjit" came to me offered me one "breakfast" box (a bag of chip and a sandwich) and explained to me.
This is by far the best experience I have encountered.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Jefferson L,

Thank you for sharing such a positive review of your recent stay here at the Sheraton Crystal City. We are very glad you enjoyed our convenient location. I am so glad to hear that Ranjit went above and beyond to accommodate you.We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that we will have an opportunity to be of service again in the near future. Thank you again for staying with us.

Julie Cashin Yeung, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Coram, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Very clean and spacious room. There were a few things I really enjoyed, the air conditioning was extraordinarily quiet, the shower head was high enough to allow me to remain upright (I'm 6' 2"), and the parking was accessible via hotel elevator. The front desk staff, gift shop staff, and any other hotel employee I encountered were professional, helpful, and most of all, pleasant. Great location with all kinds of touristy stuff nearby, as well as the Metro being right there. I've stayed in a couple of other hotels nearby, but wouldn't even consider them after my time here. Outstanding!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Blutog,

Thanks for your review! Glad you found our staff friendly and We look forward to having you back when you return to the Arlington Area,

Julie Cashin Yeung
Weems, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The Sheraton is rated at a 3 start but without a microwave or refrigerator and a couple other items, I'd give it only 3. But it would be one of my first choices the next time I stay in the area. What a deal we got through hotwire. The room was nice size and comfortable with a good sleeping bed. The hotel offered room service and other extras but we did not use them. Parking fee is a bit excessive but that's the way it is in the area. The hotel is close to good restaurants and in a safe area. Excellent value for us.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from an elevator, but I always do. Our room had a nice street view but I don't k...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Sharon C,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Sheraton Crystal City. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

(SPG Gold Status) From time to time I have to travel to northern VA for business and I always stay here. It's less than a mile from Washington-Reagan airport (DCA), across the street from the Crystal City metro (blue and yellow lines; yellow will get you into DC faster), and right next to several municipal bus lines (23A, 9A/E, and 10A/C). It's about a mile or so from a Shoppers (grocery store), a Target, a Best Buy, and other restaurants; they are all located in a shopping plaza called Potomac Yard, which is on Rt. 1 - Jefferson Davis Hwy, in Alexandria, VA. You can walk, or take the 9A/E which will drop you off right in front if the plaza.
I have found the staff to be quite pleasant and accommodating, especially when I have arrived late in the evening. The rooms are comfortable, neither large nor small. The bathroom could use some updating, and I had to call once as they had not restocked the toiletries. The room has free wi-fi, which is a huge plus, especially for working in the evenings. The gym is adequate, has a little bit of everything, but is somewhat cramped. There is an underground parking garage where your car can utilize the valet service. There is also a self-parking option. Both are additional costs.
Will definitely be returning the next time I have a business trip in NoVa.

Green Features: Take advantage of the Green program the hotel offers. Will give you extra SPG points. Reaffirmed to me that the Starwood brand is committed to environmentally friendly practices, as this is in addition to the energy saving appliances they offer as standard in the rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I travel to DC 3 weeks a month and stay at the Sheraton Crystal City. The hotel is one metro stop away from DCA airport which makes it super easy and quick to get to. Very convenient when getting off the plane late at night and wanting to get to the hotel as soon as possible. There is also a hotel shuttle which I have used to get to the airport early in the morning when the metro is not open yet.

The staff is great and very accomodating. As my home away from home, it good to see familiar faces when i'm on the road.

If you like getting outdoors there is a great running trail that follows the Potomac River. Additionally, Crystal Drive has plenty of restaurants to choose from after a long day of work.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Felix C,

Thank you for sharing such a positive review of your recent stay here at the Sheraton Crystal City. We are very glad you enjoyed our convenient location. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that we will have an opportunity to be of service again in the near future. Thank you again for staying with us.

Muskegon, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is less than a mile from the airport. Its across the street from Crystal City Metro Train Station and a few blocks away from a variety of restaurants.
The hotel is very clean and modern inside. The rooms are nice and includes a mini-fridge, howeverno microwave.
The free internet required me to enter the user name and password every 10 minutes. But i was able stream online radio stations all night without a reset.
Staff were friendly and the shuttle drivers were very nice and only took 10 minutes to pick me up.
If dont need a rental car if you stay here, the train will most likely get you to your meetings faster and cheaper.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear 1037 The Beat.

Thank you for sharing such a positive review of your recent stay here at the Sheraton Crystal City. We are very glad you enjoyed our convenient location. It makes me so happy to hear that our bell man and front desk were very friendly and hospitable.We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that we will have an opportunity to be of service again in the near future. Thank you again for staying with us.

Chico, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed here for a conference hosted at the hotel. Rooms were clean, comfortable and average sized. The hotel staff was friendly and had a pretty casual attitude throughout. Conference area had a cozy atrium that was well suited for small to medium sized groups in between sessions.

What I appreciated most was the location: proximity to the metro (right across the street) and access to underground crystal city (less than a block) which is thriving with restaurants and shops all hidden underground connecting several hotels and buildings.

A free shuttle to Reagan National was also a nice convenience.

Food tip: try the Kabob Palace (open 24hrs!)a few blocks down the street for some good, inexpensive, kabobs, and an instant immersion in middle eastern culture.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Westin Crystal City? Share your experiences!