“Ranjit - front desk staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Crystal City

Save Saved
You added The Westin Crystal City to your Saves list
The Westin Crystal City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Sheraton Crystal City Hotel)   |
Ranked #8 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Ranjit - front desk staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Thank you to Ranjit - front desk assistant. When I arrived for my conference and tried to check in I soon discovered that while I had registered for the conference, i had not booked a room. Ranjit took the time to look for cancellations as the hotel was booked. He worked with me and the manager on duty to find a room and to help with the rate so that I could receive the conference rate instead of the rack rate. I work for a non-profit so any savings is helpful Thank you for your help Ranjit.

Gale Harrold,
CFO

635 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
hadola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Booked this hotel last-minute off of Hotwire when I had to stay over in the DC area for business. Wasn't sure if the customer service and hotel would live up to the great price, but it did. Thank you to Ranjit for the warm welcome at reception and quick check-in.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Upon check in I'm informed the shuttle bus only starts to run at 5 am... I inform the individual that I'm flying international and with a dog so I need more time at the airport... He instructs me to make arrangements with the bell staff. I'm informed by the bell staff that arrangements with the taxis does not happen... Taxi should be outside lined up.. I was a little frustrated that I would have to make arrangements when not neccassary! Then I go back to the front desk and inform them what I was informed.. This guy was completely clueless... Very frustrating... Then no menu in room for room service.. Called down and was informed to call the operator. Who I called but no one answered... I called back room service and begged for another menu to be sent up... This hotel makes me feel very in welcomed

• Stayed September 2013
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear 1268,

Thank you so much for your feedback as we always do appreciate guest comments both good and bad. Clearly there were a number of opportunities where we could have performed better and the team will use your comments as a vehicle for further enhancements. I have forwarded your message to the appropriate managers so they can address this situation. We do offer a complimentary shuttle service however the hours are from 5am to 11pm which is also listed on our website. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. I do hope we might have another opportunity to be of service in order to make things right.

Julie Cashin Yeung
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We picked this hotel because of it's proximity to the Metro and it's reasonable cost. We were more than happy with our choice. The staff made us feel welcome, the rooms were clean and the service was excellent. In particular, Victor the bartender was the best! The Metro was only one block away and we were able to get to all the sites in DC in less than 15 minutes. There were many restaurant choices and two shopping malls within walking distance of the hotel. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed here over Memorial Day Weekend and rode in the Rolling Thunder parade. The hotel was beautiful, the rooms were nice & clean, the lobby is gorgeous with a nice bar and restaurant area. We trailered the motorcycle and found a place to park the car and trailer in the garage out of the way. The hotel is easy to find and close to the Pentagon where we all met.

Room Tip: We didn't ask for anything special, we had a city view but the room as quiet and clean
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear bmcnurse,

Thank you for sharing such a positive review of your recent stay here at the Sheraton Crystal City. We are very glad you enjoyed our convenient location. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that we will have an opportunity to be of service again in the near future. Thank you again for staying with us.

Julie Cashin Yeung, GM
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

If I could give the staff a 100+ rating, I would! My husband and I stayed at this hotel a few nights ago. We weren't too in sync with each other (imagine that!) while loading the luggage into our car. When we arrived home and were unpacking (to my horror) I realized my suitcase was still in the parking garage. A Good Samaritan (alias "Angel") brought it to the front desk where two staff members, Moses and Ranji, quickly contacted me and set up a way to return it. They were both very kind, efficient and professional the entire time. I can't begin to thank them for their assistance. This hotel exemplifies outstanding service and I am a very grateful customer. Thank you!

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had a conference in this hotel and the staff was terrific. It started already in the morning at breakfast when Tigi gave us a sunshine smile. The rooms were good and clean, and the rest of the hotel was as one would expect of a Sheraton hotel: Excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Robert_Christophor ,

Thank you for sharing such a positive review of your recent stay here at the Sheraton Crystal City. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay.I hope that if your travels bring you back to the DC Metro area that we will have an opportunity to be of service again in the near future.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Julie Cashin Yeung, GM

Been to The Westin Crystal City? Share your experiences!