“Pretty good stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Crystal City

Save Saved
You added The Westin Crystal City to your Saves list
The Westin Crystal City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Sheraton Crystal City Hotel)   |
Ranked #8 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Pretty good stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a bit worn an old however the service compensated for the lack luster appearance. Arie was great full if suggestions, tips, and advice on getting around the city and visiting all of the important sites. I also met Trudy who was a great help and Ernest at the bell stand. Probably wont be my first choice but Ill be back again. I had a billig question that the manager couldn't handle and had to call back several times... That was a bit frustrating

• Stayed August 2013

636 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed there to catch an early flight at DCA airport. Very nice room, good restaurant and an swimming pool on top with amazing views.
Service is good at all places where I went in the hotel. It is good located and I would recommend this hotel for your stay close to the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Actually I ALWAYS elect to use the parking garage at this Sheraton for all of my trips out of DCA, though I've only stayed in a hotel room here once a while ago. It was quiet and clean with a friendly atmosphere. The parking rates here are cheaper than at the airport, the lobby is always clean, and the staff is always friendly especially, Jean-Pierre, who is responsible for the parking garage and airport shuttles among other tasks. When I depart and return it seems like he IS ALWAYS there. He is ALWAYS polite and welcoming! He processes my paperwork efficiently, and it is entertaining talking with him. I really look forward to seeing him when departing to and returning from my business and personal trips. In an area like DC his sincerity and courtesy is ALWAYS welcome! If you end up staying here, please tell Jean-Pierre that John sends his regards. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel (for the first week of August) through a discount website, and I thought I got a great deal. As it turned out, the hotel charged a daily parking fee which added an additional thirty percent to the daily cost of my room!! I was astounded, since I did not know about this parking fee up front. Had I known, I certainly would never have booked the room! I was dismayed and felt deceived. The front desk staff were lukewarm and definitely did not make me feel welcome. By the time I was headed to my room, I regretted having booked the room. The room I got was a handicapped-accessible room, which I did not request. This meant that there was no dresser for my clothes, no counter in the bathroom, and the shower drained directly into the center of the bathroom; anyone else using the bathroom after a shower had to traipse through puddles of water! I would not stay here again and certainly not recommend that anyone else stay here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear JP,

Thank you again for staying with us and for the recent review of your stay. As you are aware when you book through a 3rd party website the bed type is never guaranteed. As a hotel we will try our best to accommodate your bed type preference however due to the occupancy we were not able to secure you the bed type of your choice. I am sorry to hear that you were not made aware of our hotel parking prices however they are clearly listed on our hotel’s website. One recommendation is to book our hotel packages on our brand website in order to receive discounts on parking. Thank you again for staying with us. We hope to see you in the future when your travels bring you back to our area.
Warmest Regards,
Julie Cashin Yeung
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on July 27th and 28th for our one year wedding anniversary. I mentioned that it was our anniversary when I checked in and we were delighted when the front desk sent a complimentary bottle of wine to our room. The service throughout our stay was great -- from the concierge desk to the bar/restaurant. The room was fine, although the carpet did have a few stains on it near the door. The bed was VERY comfortable and the room was quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, and was extremely pleased. The staff was friendly, informative, and courteous. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was superb! Room service was fast and the food was 4 star restaurant quality. I had free parking and a $20 food credit per nights stay thanks to a living social deal. I didn't venture up to the fitness center so I can't comment on that. I wish they had a pool. Last, but, not least the location was great, conveniently located near the heart of DC, malls, and public transportation. Will book again. :-)

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Fios_Ice,

Thank you for sharing such a positive review of your recent stay here at the Sheraton Crystal City. We are very glad our location provided you a convenient home away from home during your visit to the DC area.

I hope that if your travels bring you back to the DC Metro area that we will have an opportunity to be of service again in the near future.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Warmest Regards,
Julie Cashin Yeung, GM
Central New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have stayed at the Sheraton Crystal City Hotel twice this summer (the first time I used a living social deal). Both experiences have been outstanding.
Friendly staff, nice rooms, VERY close to the metro (short trip to DC), and tons of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Crystal City? Share your experiences!