“Great experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Crystal City

Save Saved
You added The Westin Crystal City to your Saves list
The Westin Crystal City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Sheraton Crystal City Hotel)   |
Ranked #8 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Plano, Texas
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed at CC for 5 days, June 4-8th., for a DC vacation. Great location, staff, room. No issues whatsoever. Actually surprised at the high level of customer service, and staff professionalism. Would not hesitate to return. One note, having not been here before, if evening dinning is high on your list, this will require a little travel, as this area closes down early in the evening. Enjoy.

Room Tip: 7th floor, king std no issues
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

636 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

First I promised Arie the very professional front desk attendant that I would thank her here. I waited maybe a grand total of a minute waiting to get checked in so as an apology for the wait she gave me breakfast (a $14/day cost)free for the duration of my stay. The entire staff was a joy to deal with and made my stay very enjoyable. The room was clean and comfortable. The only reason it wasn't all 5's was I would have liked the AC a little colder but only a little so certainly not a show stopper. Again, if you are looking for a hotel while visiting DC this is an excellent choice for quality and convenience. I look forward to my next stay here!

• Stayed May 2013
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear bmwmw73,

Thank you for sharing such a positive review of your recent stay here at the Sheraton Crystal City. I will pass on to Arie the positive your positive comments regarding her service. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that we will have an opportunity to be of service again in the near future.

Thank you again for staying with us.
Barrington, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have been a regular visitor to the Sheraton Crystal City hotel for over a decade. I choose this hotel because of the excellent service and facilities it offers. Ranjit at the front desk is absolutely outstanding and Super in the bar and restaurant is equally excellent. Both of them, along with the rest of the staff, are well attuned to customers' needs and understand how to make a business traveler's stay pleasant and productive. I'd definitely recommend this hotel because of the fabulous staff.

Room Tip: Choose the Eads Street side rather than the Jeff Davis Highway side for a bit more quiet.
Green Features: They offer a green choice and make a point of offering and explaining it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was recently a guest at the Sheraton Crystal City Hotel for two weeks. The professional, superb staff made for an exceptional stay. From the front desk staff, to the maintenance and housekeeping staff, absolutely everyone was extremely accommodating and pleasant. May, who works in the club lounge, was as gracious and pleasant each morning as could be imagined. The hotel staff made my extended stay a pleasure. I highly recommend this hotel for business travelers.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear ZEE P,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Crystal City. Your kind and gracious comments regarding the hotel staff are greatly appreciated. I am truly lucky to have service-oriented professionals like May on my team. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

A little pricey, but I didn't pay for the trip, my business did. Had I was coming to the area for pleasure I'm not sure I could swing the price, or want to. The staff are excellent. Everyone is very friendly and hospitable. There is a mall across the street and plenty of places to eat. Only about 3 miles from Washington D.C. also, so this hotel is in the middle of everything!

Upon checking in my internet did not work so the front desk gave me a $20 coupon towards anything in the hotel, and also sent a bottle of wine up to my room. I was shocked.

Also, if you deny your room service they will give you $5.00 each day you turn down the service.

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floors. It was pretty quiet my whole stay.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Having lodged in many hotels, motels and other lodgings during more than forty years of travel, My wife and i have experienced a wide range of physical facilities and staffs. Although we were initially cautious about this hotel during our recent trip to the Washington DC area, waiting to see what would develop, we were soon delighted by the very pleasant staff and their desire to meet our needs. They were quite outgoing without being obsequious, anticipating each situation and adeptly handling it, from initial check-in, dining suggestions, advice regarding the Metro and other transport. The concierge, dining room staff, front desk personnel and chambermaids were outgoing, with an evident desire to please. We would heartily recommend the Sheraton Crystal City to others.

Room Tip: Our room overlooking the main entry was quiet and pleasant.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here in May 2013 and our purpose of visit was city tour to Washington, DC. We checked in late at night around 10 PM and were greeted very well by the person in front desk named Ranjit. Since we had two different rooms booked he made sure we got it in the same floor even if the check in was late. He also arranged us for a complimentary fruit platter in the room.
The room was clean and nice and the hotel staff was great and courteous.

This hotel is very close to Arlington station and close by to D.C even by taxi. We had a great time here and will definitely stay again if we come to Washington.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Aqua2201,

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for such a complimentary review of both the staff and facilities. I am glad to hear that Ranjit went above and beyond to take care of your room requests. We are pleased you chose to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your second visit to our property.

Julie Cashin Yeung, GM

Been to The Westin Crystal City? Share your experiences!