“Fabulous Area Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Crystal City

Save Saved
You added The Westin Crystal City to your Saves list
The Westin Crystal City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Sheraton Crystal City Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous Area Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

A little pricey, but I didn't pay for the trip, my business did. Had I was coming to the area for pleasure I'm not sure I could swing the price, or want to. The staff are excellent. Everyone is very friendly and hospitable. There is a mall across the street and plenty of places to eat. Only about 3 miles from Washington D.C. also, so this hotel is in the middle of everything!

Upon checking in my internet did not work so the front desk gave me a $20 coupon towards anything in the hotel, and also sent a bottle of wine up to my room. I was shocked.

Also, if you deny your room service they will give you $5.00 each day you turn down the service.

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floors. It was pretty quiet my whole stay.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Having lodged in many hotels, motels and other lodgings during more than forty years of travel, My wife and i have experienced a wide range of physical facilities and staffs. Although we were initially cautious about this hotel during our recent trip to the Washington DC area, waiting to see what would develop, we were soon delighted by the very pleasant staff and their desire to meet our needs. They were quite outgoing without being obsequious, anticipating each situation and adeptly handling it, from initial check-in, dining suggestions, advice regarding the Metro and other transport. The concierge, dining room staff, front desk personnel and chambermaids were outgoing, with an evident desire to please. We would heartily recommend the Sheraton Crystal City to others.

Room Tip: Our room overlooking the main entry was quiet and pleasant.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here in May 2013 and our purpose of visit was city tour to Washington, DC. We checked in late at night around 10 PM and were greeted very well by the person in front desk named Ranjit. Since we had two different rooms booked he made sure we got it in the same floor even if the check in was late. He also arranged us for a complimentary fruit platter in the room.
The room was clean and nice and the hotel staff was great and courteous.

This hotel is very close to Arlington station and close by to D.C even by taxi. We had a great time here and will definitely stay again if we come to Washington.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Aqua2201,

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for such a complimentary review of both the staff and facilities. I am glad to hear that Ranjit went above and beyond to take care of your room requests. We are pleased you chose to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your second visit to our property.

texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I had a very pleasant stay at the Sheraton Crystal City Hotel. I called to confirm the reservation and Hanna took great care to get the room that I requested. After arriving at the hotel, the front desk reception was super friendly and took care of everything.
The rooms were very nice and spacious and the location was great and close to the metro.
The room was clean and the beds were comfortable.
I used the club floor lounge and the breakfast was just wonderful with egs, bacon, fruit, oatmeal and many other items! The first day we arrived late just as they were cleaning up and May was so friendly--she took the items out so that we could have our breakfast. She went above and beyond.
Thanks Sheraton Crystal City!

Room Tip: It is always a good idea to call a day ahead and confirm the room that you booked.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear CJS4,

Thank you for sharing such a positive review of your recent stay here at the Sheraton Crystal City. We are very glad you enjoyed our convenient location. I agree that our proximity to the Crystal City Metro is a great benefit to our guests. I will pass on to May, your positive comments regarding her service. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that we will have an opportunity to be of service again in the near future. Thank you again for staying with us.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I can come to this hotel as much as twice a month. I've seen Mr. Banjit on many of these trips. Professional, classy, attentive, and expedient. All with a down to earth warm and friendly presence. Has a way of letting you know he remembers you, without letting all else know you have ever been there before. Great for the business traveler.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My recent stay at the Sheraton in Crystal City was one of the most pleasurable experiences I have had at a hotel – mainly because of their impeccable customer service.

I had business in DC for a day, and being that I am a platinum member with SPG, I booked the Sheraton Crystal City for the night. I arrived around 9:00pm and upon check-in discovered there was a mistake with my reservation. Apparently, I had a reservation for the previous night despite my being in another SPG hotel in LAX. Consequently, I was charged a no-show charge and had no reservation at the already-fully-booked Crystal City Hotel. Ranjit, the gentleman checking me in, was extremely helpful and was able to find me a room at the same rate as my previous night’s reservation. Ranjit also went above and beyond by giving me the contact information of the General Manager, Guest Services Manager, and the Reservations Manager in order to rectify my no-show mishap. First thing in the morning I was contacted by Kim Brown, the Reservations Manager, and Jarra Beyene, the Guest Service and Transportation Manager, who were kind enough to refund the no-show charge.

I would return based off of this impeccable customer service alone; however, the clean and comfortable rooms and convenient location greatly added to the pleasurable stay and are reasons enough to return to the Sheraton Crystal City.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was an interesting case. On the surface, everything was nice - good appearances, reasonable room size, nice people (especially in the lobby), etc. I found a employee at the front desk, Alexandro, to be quite helpful. The hotel is very close to a subway station, getting you rapidly to some parts of DC. Taxis would be best to get to central DC.

I was surprised by a few anomalies that lessened my overall experience. Most of it was IT related. Despite my best efforts, I found the internet to be very slow in my room. On the evening before I left, I went up to the business center in the "club" on the 15th floor to print my boarding pass. The printer was broken (I learned by failing to print), yet there was no note on the printer or the PC stopping the valued guests from wasting their time. I informed the staff in the club, but they did not seem to address this. The front desk expressed more interest. So, I went to the lobby to print, and two of the four PC's there were also broken. I was able to finally get a boarding pass when another PC freed up.

Alexandro had recommended a run from the hotel, which I took after business one day. It was complex to get to the trail, but his explanation was just good enough. This pathway was nice, heading south towards Reagan Airport, once I got to it. It ran through green manicured areas, yet, was right along a minor highway. It was safe, although it was busy with bikers at high speeds. Again, some good, some bad, with 30 minutes of net running (guessing about 3.7 miles).

I would stay here again, but my expectations would be lower.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Globe Run R,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay. Our guest feedback is important to us as it often may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention. We are very glad you enjoyed our convenient location. I agree that our proximity to the Crystal City Metro is a great benefit to our guests. I am happy to hear that Alexandro was very hospitable during your interactions with him.

Please accept our apologies for the issues with the computers on the 15th floor and lobby level. We have rectified the situation by contacting our IT team to inspect our printers on both stations.We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that we will have an opportunity to be of service again in the near future. Thank you again for staying with us.

Julie Cashin Yeung, GM

Been to The Westin Crystal City? Share your experiences!