“Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Crystal City

You added The Westin Crystal City to your Saves list
The Westin Crystal City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Sheraton Crystal City Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Arlington, Texas
“Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The hotel is a little old but rooms are nice with small kitchen apliances coffee, microwave, fridge.
Their is no pool hot tob or sonna to relax in. close to the metro station accross the street.
Close 3 blocks from restraunts and bars.
Two gentle men at front desk were accomidatiting when my credit card wouldn't work.
Even compliment on diner and breakfeast to help me out in a time of need.
MR. Ranor and Mr. Quintan,
I would like to thank for the help they gave me.
This is great location and much better then the Hilton down the street.

Room Tip: The king rooms allow for more room. had no real issues with rooms. Travel during the week can be ex...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Orange County
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Nothing special about this property. Lobby is modern and clean. Bellmen and drivers were very nice and helpful.
Rooms leave a lot to be desired. Biggest complaint there was no chest of drawers at all. Family of four for several days...really? Had to completely out of suit cases.
Reservation was screwed up...put us in a king room and lost our club level to get doubles. weekend evening manager tried to help make it right...offered an additional room for free. I did not want to take advantage of them (1000. Value) so suggested some food accommodation. I was later sent 40.00 in credits over the week....wow.
I brought the hotel 8 rooms for a nearly a week and 2000.00 in catering business and front desk acted as if no big deal. They lost the reservation for one of our party. I had to call their 800 number to find it for them. Funny thing was...the central reservations and the hotel front office could not speak to each other - amateur hour for sure.

Room Tip: Stay at the Marriott or embassy suites in crystal city
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Ponch 68,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Sheraton Crystal City. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Again, I apologize for all of the inconveniences that you experienced at our property.

However I am glad to hear that one of our managers did try to make it right by offering a 1000 point compensation which is equivalent to a complimentary night at our property. In addition to the points we did offer a 40 dollar room service value for your stay as well. If there was an alternative service recovery method that we could have provided I would encourage you to please reach me out so I can personally address this issue.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and I truly hope that you will return to our property so that we can really show you how great our hotel is. I do hope we might have another opportunity to be of service in order to make things right.

Warmest Regards,
Julie Cashin Yeung
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights for work in dc. Only 10 min drive in morning rush. Rooms very clean and fairly updated. Work van wouldnt fit in there garage but they had no problem parking it in front and moving it for me if they needed to. Also front desk was very friendly and recommended some good restaurants in walking distance even though they have there own in the lobby. Highly recommend this hotel in all aspects.

• Stayed April 2013
Johnsburg, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Excellent hotel, very convenient to the airport and business conferences in DC; plus I have got a very good price for the room, much better than other hotels in the immediate neighborhood. Would definitely come and stay here again. Stuff was very helpful as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

we boarded the wrong shuttle at DCA , there are three Sheraton's in the area. Ranjit made up for our error by doing everything possible to make our trip special. This hotel is where we will stay when in DC.

Room Tip: Hotel is on Eads not Jeff Davis Hwy
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Rajit went above and beyond when we discovered that a $55.40 charge had inadvertently been put on our bill. Through his research, he found that the charge belonged to another guest with the same last name. Why was it so important that Rajit took the time to look into this? When we tried to find out why the charge was on our bill earlier on Tuesday, the front desk person simply said that it was for incidentals and made no attempt to do any research. When we went back later that day, and asked another front desk person, he simply stated that the charge was something we had billed to our room... which it was not as we had not billed anything to our room. Rajit heard us talking and was more than happy to help. Again, why is this important? Because, when planning our trip for a conference I was attending, I did not account for "incidental" expenses and, therefore, we were short of money. Rajit came to our rescue and turned this bad experience into something positive that I am happy to share with everyone. The Sheraton needs more employees like Rajit. He exemplifies Customer Service!!

The only negative thing I have to say about the Sheraton is their $100 incidental policy. While that's not a bad thing, I think it would be nice if they adviced consumers about this policy whenever a room reservation is made so we are not blind sided when it's added to the bill when you arrive.

Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

From the opening of the car door to the taking of the bags, the initial welcome was wonderful. Once I made it to the registration desk Ranjit was the pinnacle of service. I travel 28 - 32 weeks out of the year and the service is the winning distinction.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Westin Crystal City? Share your experiences!