“Great rate and helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Crystal City

You added The Westin Crystal City to your Saves list
The Westin Crystal City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Sheraton Crystal City Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Annapolis, Maryland
“Great rate and helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

A great room on short notice and the staff could not have been more helpful! Ranjir Anif was very accommodating and took special care to make me feel welcomed. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will definitely stay here again! One note: the exterior does not appear modern or welcoming but the interior is very warm and nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Holland, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed here for a business conference.

Pros: The beds are very comfortable, and the pillows are perfect. The rooms are clean and the staff are friendly. There is also a free shuttle to DCA airport, and it is very close by, perhaps a mile.

Cons: The restaurant is not that great, and most people go to local restaurants instead of eating here. It is expensive with $8.00 for a mac and cheese that is grainy and has an undetectable cheese content. The berry cobbler was so acidic it made me sick and I had to get up at 2:00 to get rid of it. Dinner - salmon with wine - set me back $50 with tip. Conference food was fine.

For the price I had to pay for the room, which I consider to be on the high side, I did not expect to take a cold shower in the morning. The first morning started fine but the water started to get cold after a few minutes, but the second morning the shower was just cold water. I had a difficult time due to the cold. There is a device on the shower handle that regulates hot/cold, and mine was set at the hottest. A warm bath is not possible. Imagine coming to this hotel after a long, hard trip, you want to take a nice hot shower and relax, and what you get is cold, cold, cold. When I fill out the evaluation of this conference, I am going to mention that the accommodations could be better.

Green Features: If limiting showers to cold water is environmentally friendly, let's just say that the way it's been executed is not business friendly.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Holland Heights,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay here at the Sheraton Crystal City. We are very pleased to hear that our beds were very comfortable. All of our guest rooms have Sheraton Sweet Sleeper mattresses and bedding. We work hard to accommodate all room preferences for our guests. I agree that our proximity to Regan National airport is a great benefit to our guests.

However I did notice that you did experience some challenging issues at our property. Please accept my sincerest apologies for this as this is not a true reflection of what our hotel stands for. In regards to the issue of the hot water, we had recently experienced an isolated failure of a circulator pump, which resulted in the hot water challenges in some areas of the hotel. This has since been resolved. I have shared your comments regarding the room service and restaurant issues to our restaurant manager. It is my hope that we have an opportunity to regain your confidence on your next visit to the area.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Warmest Regards,
Julie Cashin Yeung
Dixon, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was in DC for a conference and stayed at the Sheraton Crystal City Hotel. The staff was amazing. Anything I wanted was provided with a smile. Even the bartender remembered my name after only one visit. Ernest and Randir (sp?) were especially helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Iowa City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

A week vacation in DC.
Pro: location is great if you want to travel by metro. It is one block from crystal city station. Check in ad check out were quick and easy. The hotel offers complimentary shuttle to Regan airport.
Con: in room refrigerator did not keep the temperature at all.

• Stayed December 2012
Sharpsburg, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I'm a pretty low maintenance traveler. I can get past a hotel that needs a facelift or my room facing a parking lot. Its the staff that can make or break a stay. Ranjit made this one. He has always been professional and courteous when I'm here. I had a really early departure, too early for the club lounge breakfast, so he made up for it with a little something from the restaurant this evening, complimentary! Another reason I'm a Crystal City Sheraton Guy.

• Stayed May 2013
Charlottesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I attended a conference at another hotel that was a bit more expensive. As a way to save some money I stayed here. The ratings and reviews were "good". However, I don't think they were fair. Every aspect of my stay was fine.

• Stayed May 2013
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed here on the third weekend of April 2013 for one night. The place is very decent, nothing too fancy, yet nice. I wish I could give it a 3.5 stars as it is definitely better than average. Has a nice lobby with a lounge and also a restaurant with a decent menu, of course a bit pricier but it didn’t surprise us. This hotel has 16 floors and our room was on the 11th floor. Has a decent view, but you can't see the DC landmarks from here contradictory to what I was told when I made my reservation. So don't expect to see the Capitol or the Washington monument from your room. But other than that our stay was pleasant. The room and bathroom were very clean. The bed was nice and comfortable. We had breakfast buffet in the restaurant which was good. But everything here is pricier than it should be and doesn’t feel worth it. The room rate is high, but is expected as it is a Sheraton. But the breakfast was $13.95 and parking was over $22 which is quite a bit of money. We are glad we ate out the night before on 23rd street which is just 4 blocks away and offers very good choices of cuisines at very decent prices. We ate at a Thai restaurant and it was very good. The staff including the bellboy at the hotel were very helpful and provided good suggestions. It is just 2 miles away from the landmarks and you can get to the Jefferson Memorial in less than 7 minutes if you are driving which was great. The parking garage in the hotel provides in and out access. Definitely a good buy if you are planning on a quiet evening in DC after a hectic day of sightseeing. It is close to all the major attractions but still situated away from the noise and the crowd with ample choices to eat within walking distance and offers a quality stay and sleep. Check for their special offers or promotions as we did which definitely makes it worth it. If you plan to travel on business or need internet, wifi access is good. Hope you enjoy your stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Anuli,

Thanks so much for your feedback as we always appreciate guest comments both good and bad. I am sorry you were not comfortable with our fees as we typically do have nominal fees for parking which is secure and underground. One recommendation is to book our hotel packages on our brand website in order to receive discounts on parking, breakfast and internet usage. I’m happy to hear that one our staff members were able to provide you with directions to get your destination. We appreciate your business and hope to have you back at the Sheraton Crystal city on your next trip to the Arlington/ DC area.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Warmest Regards,
Julie Cashin Yeung

Been to The Westin Crystal City? Share your experiences!