“Great Hotel, Fantastic service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Crystal City

You added The Westin Crystal City to your Saves list
The Westin Crystal City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Sheraton Crystal City Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Burwell, Nebraska
“Great Hotel, Fantastic service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The hotel was very nice. Clean rooms, very quiet. The entire hotel staff was excellent! Ranjit and Trudy at the front desk were extremely kind and helpful. Great location near Reagan National airport and the metro. Would definitely stay at the Crystal City Sheraton again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Ranjit at the front desk went out of his way to make sure I was well cared for. Room was clean, bed was comfy, and the location was perfect for an overnight stay close to Reagan National. The Bellman was also great, happily standing in a downpour for 5 minutes hailing a cab for me to take downtown.

• Stayed April 2013
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This was a really great hotel, and Mr. Ranjit really made the experience worth while. All the accommodation were top notch. this hotel is pet friendly which was a plus for us and the price was great for the area. I would recommend this hotel to all who travel to the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pompano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Trudy B from the front desk worked very hard to find me a room as I had a reservation for the incorrect night. She called other hotels ended up taking care of my needs for two nights. Ernest the concierge was helpful in arranging perfect tours for us and OKAN in the dining room worked very hard taking care of breakfast, lunch and dinner guest. These three people were always smiling and we willing to help. Great team

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

There are no closing mechanisms on the doors in this hotel, so expect to hear a chorus of door slamming from 6:30am till 9am, along with plenty more at night. I don't even know how it is possible for this many rooms to be entered and exited so many times in such a timeframe, but I was hearing it every 15-40 seconds, consistently all week long. The walls are paper thin, and any nearby usage of doors also caused our room to shake. Sleeping in on our vacation was impossible.

Room Tip: Get an entire floor to yourself if you can.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, ON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was told to wait outside terminal A to catch the shuttle to the hotel and then after waiting 45 minutes with no shuttle showing up I called the hoteland was then told they are actually sharing a shuttle with another hotel so I should look for that name (something that would have been good to know upon arrival). I waited and still no shuttle and to the hotel's credit they eventually paid for a taxi to the hotel. Upon arrival, I had to change rooms as there was an enthusiastic group of young teens on my floor who were yelling in the hallways and rooms. Once settled in my second room, things went smoothly but overall this is not the standard I expect of Sheraton.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Cblackst

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention.
Please accept our apologies for the issues you addressed about the long shuttle wait and a room change due to being placed on same floor with our young guests. This is certainly not the Sheraton experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. Our hotel provides shuttle service to and from the airport every thirty minutes on the hour and half hour on a daily basis seven days a week.
We strive for 100% Guest satisfaction and I am happy to hear that the front desk offered to arrange transportation, took care of all charges to get you to the hotel and also responded in a timely manner to move you to a different floor. While I do realize that this does not make up for a below standard service, we would like to have the opportunity to have you back in the near future to exceed your expectation.
Should you decided to give us another chance to exceed your expectations please reach out to me directly and I will personally look after your accommodations.

Warm Regards,
Julie Yeung
Detroit, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I liked the hotel and all of it's accomodations. The price was reasonable and the rooms were nice. What made the trip exceptional was the employees at the front desk - ESPECIALLY Jennifer. I went to the hotel and was looking for a place to swim. I had a State Swim meet the following week and needed to continue my swim training. This particular hotel did not have a lap pool where we were staying. I researched before I traveled to Arlington to locate a pool. I called the front desk for directions. Not only did they find me directions to the club I found but they found a lap pool that was four blocks from the hotel. They gave me complimentary passes to that pool and directions as well. I was so impressed with how far they went out of their way to make our stay perfect. I would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Westin Crystal City? Share your experiences!