“Sheraton crystal city” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Crystal City

You added The Westin Crystal City to your Saves list
The Westin Crystal City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Sheraton Crystal City Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, Texas
“Sheraton crystal city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I stay in crystal city about 30 nights a year always at the Sheraton crystal city the service is awesome and people like Ranjit at the front desk always make you feel welcome. The bar staff is among the best I have known.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I would like to give recognition to Ranjit for an overwhelming welcome to the Crystal City Sheraton, he assured an expedited dinner, even though I arrived very close to the kitchen closing. I am a Platinum member and was surprised at the service that was offered at this location.

Freeport, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Crystal City for five nights with my family in March. We had room 1206 (handicap accessible) because that was the only two-bed room available at check in. I chose this hotel based on it's easy walk to the Metro. Overall, I found the room to be fairly standard, but the service is what puts this hotel over the top.

ROOM - The room was clean, however I found an orange mold in the grout of the shower. A little elbow grease would easily get rid of the problem. I don't know if it was because we had an ADA room or not, but there was no lid to the toilet (dropped a shampoo into the bowl. yuck.). It also could have used some bars for hanging towels and a hook on the back of the door for robes, etc. There were also no drawers for clothes, so we had to leave everything in the suitcases. There was a low rod for hanging clothes. The ice machine on 12th floor was also not working.

SERVICE - this is where this hotel shines. One evening, coming back from a crazy day visiting tourist sites, my weary family was greeted by the front desk staff. They sent up a bottle of wine and some cheese for my husband and me and cookies and milk for the kids. Wonderful! Just what we needed! Another front desk staffer kindly sent up extra blankets and pillows after I mentioned my 3-year-old (who usually sleeps with my husband and me) had made it impossible to sleep the night before... again, just what we needed. He loved his "fort" on the floor and I got a much better night's sleep.

FOOD - we really enjoyed the club level breakfast on weekdays and the breakfast buffet in the restaurant on the weekends had the best bowl of berries! Our meals were comped, so I don't know how I would feel if I had to pay hotel meal prices, but the food was very good. There are numerous restaurants within walking distance. In the Underground Crystal City shops, you can find Dunkin Donuts, Subway, etc. About 2 blocks away is Ted's Montana Grill (great bison burgers), a Thai Restaurant (ok), burger joint, etc. Sunday night the underground shops were closed so we ordered pizza from Paisanos.

TRANSPORTATION - the Crystal City Metro stop is just moments away from the hotel. It's an easy ride on the blue or yellow line to the DC tourist areas. We also took the Metro into Virginia and then a #101 bus to Mt. Vernon on Sunday. It took about an hour each way to/from Mt. Vernon. The hotel shuttle van to Reagan National Airport runs on the hour and half hour. It's just a few minutes away as well.

I would definitely recommend this hotel based on the excellent service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed here for three nights and had a very good experience with the service and the staff from the moment I checked in. The location of the Hotel is perfect, accessible to shopping, restaurants, public transportation etc...The room was quiet and tranquil,

Arie Carter, was very nice and made sure I had a good experience...

I have to say GREAT job Ranjit, you checked me in and made sure that I had everything I needed and knew where everything was.

Excellent service overall, I will definitely be coming back....

S.A. L

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear ESSLEE,

Thank you for sharing a positive review of your recent stay here at the Sheraton Crystal City. We are very glad you enjoyed the staff friendliness and convenient location. I agree that our proximity to the Crystal City Metro, The pentagon city fashion center as well as many area restaurants and underground shops is a great benefit to our guests. Your kind and gracious comments regarding the hotel staff are greatly appreciated. Indeed, I am truly lucky to have service-oriented professionals like Arie, and Ranjit on my team. I will pass on to Arie and Ranjit the positive your positive comments regarding their service
Thank you again for taking the time to share your experiences with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Julie Cashin Yeung

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I frequent this hotel because of the excellent service that I receives. Randit at the front desk was very professional and treated me with kindness, respect, and compassion. He should be the standard of how current and future employees are trained. Again thank you Randit!

• Stayed March 2013
Anaheim
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

After reading some of the reviews, I was hesitant to book at this hotel but glad I did. I would like to acknowledge Ranjit (front desk) for his service. My desk phone was not working and after having to go to the front desk to request a wake up call for 2 days, he immediately offered me a breakfast for 2 and another coupon to be used in the hotel for my inconvenience. He also called the maintenance team and the issue was fixed within 15 mins. I was attending a conference and the luncheon was great; however I ordered something from the restaurant and wasn't so impressed. The hotel rooms were nice and clean, free in-room wifi and staff was very friendly. I took advantage of not exchanging my towels everyday to get the $5/day hotel credit, which I used in the restaurant. The only thing lacking was no pool/sauna. Other than that, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jeannette, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The words are welcome, comfort and respect just to name a few. The staff at Crystal City treated us like family and in turn made us feel at home. If I could take something home with me it would be their kindness and their attitudes not only toward their guests but with each other. They went out of their way to help us, above and beyond. Our visit was the best because of the staff. Please visit Ernest, India and Ranjit just to name a few of the special staff that makes me wonder...if we all could just take what they gave us home and paying it forward!!!

Room Tip: If it is true comfort that you seek away from home...this is the place to stay.
Drear JTyger,

Thank you for sharing a positive review of your recent stay here at the Sheraton Crystal City. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our staff’s friendly service. We appreciate your praise for our front office staff and I will gladly share your comments with everyone on my team specially Ernest, India and Ranjit.
Thank you again for staying with us and we hope that we will have an opportunity to be of service if travel brings you back to the area.

Warmest Regards,

Julie Cashin Yeung

Been to The Westin Crystal City? Share your experiences!