“Convenient hotel near Ronald Reagan National Airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Crystal City

You added The Westin Crystal City to your Saves list
The Westin Crystal City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Sheraton Crystal City Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Jersey
“Convenient hotel near Ronald Reagan National Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I have been here several times. I like this hotel because of its location. It is just across the street from Crystal City Metro station. The Crystal City metro station is only one stop away from the DCA airport a mere 2 minute ride. The hotel is also adjacent to the building where my next morning meeting was located so just a short minute walk. The hotel also offers a complimentary shuttle service to and from Ronald Reagan National Airport. I prefer the familiar metro this time.

The Sheraton has 217 guest rooms. My check in was immediate. As a Starwood preferred member my room was 1406 located on the 14th club floor. See my pics. As usual two bottles of complimentary water awaited my arrival. The next morning I went to the club room for breakfast, but, it was closed so I was able to get a coupon at the front desk for the full buffet at the lobby restaurant. Nice buffet selection. After breakfast I easily checked out and headed off to my meeting next door.

I will return here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Julie Y, General Manager at The Westin Crystal City, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Tony J.,

Thank you for sharing such a positive review of your recent stay here at the Sheraton Crystal City. We are very glad our location provided you a convenient home away from home during your visit to the DC area.

I hope that if your travels bring you back to the DC Metro area that we will have an opportunity to be of service again in the near future.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Warmest Regards,
Julie Cashin Yeung, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I've been to many hotels in my time and this has been the best thus far. I enjoy good customer service. My wife andI checked in and while we were at the counter my wife mentioned that we just gotten married and she wanted a room with a view. The manager, (Arie) overheard the conversation, took over and upgraded us to the club level floor and didn't know who we were or anything. I was truly amazed and thanked God for Ms. Arie for her customer service and attention to detail. Once we were in the room, room service came with a bottle of sparkling cider and a tray of fresh fruit. I recommend anyone staying here especially if all of the managers are like Ms. Arie.

Room Tip: I booked this room through Hotwire
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Perkiomenville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Had a great stay. Everything was great. Location to shopping and the Metro were great. The Metro was a two block walk.

Exceptional service by Ernst Lyles! Front desk associate Trudy was great in sorting out our bill.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Pasadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for one week for business. The hotel is older, and offered no gift as a SPG Gold member. The cups are plastic, but the bed are very comfortable. The odd numbered rooms provide a good city view. The restaurant downstairs serves a good NY steak. Kudos to server "India" for great service at the restaurant.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I had a last minute booking and the reception and welcome I received was stellar. I was met by Jennifer Johnson and her cheerful manner and accommodating spirit was very natural and genuine. I would stay anytime I'm in the area and would highly recommend this hotel. Its staff makes up for anything that might leave you wanting more.

• Stayed December 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton Crystal City Hotel from October 13th -19th for a famliy vacation to DC and had a great stay. We arrived shortly after 4:00 pm on the 13th and were immediately checked into an open room. We had bell services help us with our luggage but when we arrived to our room on the 7th floor, it was not ready yet and was still being cleaned. The gentleman from Bell services took us back down to the lobby, got us a soda from the bar area and went to the front desk to get things straightened out. Unfortunately, there were no other rooms available with two beds (we were traveling as a family of three so really needed that extra bed) so we were asked to wait while the room was finished. It was no real issue for us as we were just happy to be out of the car after a 17 hour drive and we felt that bell services had already handled the situation really well. After about a 5 minute wait we were approached and told that vouchers for the breakfast buffet would be provided to us for our entire stay for the inconvenience. We thought this was a really nice touch for such a small inconvenience. Within 15 minutes, bell services returned to tell us the luggage was unloaded into our room and the room was ready for us. I can't recall the name of the gentleman that helped us but he did a fantastic job of handling the situation and making sure that we were well taken care of. Later that evening, management also sent up a basket of cookies, fruit and bottled water with a little note saying 'thanks for your patience'. Again, another really nice touch considering we really didn't have to wait too long for our room. Throughout our stay our room was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful and always went out of their way to give you a nice greeting when you were coming or going. Parking in the on site garage was also really convenient. Yes, it was about $24 a day but for the area, that seemed to be better than average and was what we expected for parking in a large metro area. For us the location just across from the Metro station couldn't be beat and we loved the variety of restaurants within close walking distance of the hotel. There were a few things I would have liked to have seen like a room service menu in the room and maybe some information in the room on the surrounding area but those are really minor things and info that was easily accessible using the complimentary wifi. I am sure if we had asked, we could have gotten both of those items without any issue. Overall we had a great experience at the Sheraton Crystal City and would stay here again on any future trips to DC. We are SPG gold level members and this hotel was right up there as far as service compared to the many other Sheratons we have stayed in across the country.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Abel went above & beyond to ensure I had the best tour for the weekend to fit my desire. He explained all the tour packages in detail to help me make an informed decision. The next morning he drove me to the starting location of the tour and stayed with me (it was a very chilly morning) until the tour bus arrived - about 30 minutes late - and then ensured it was the correct bus before letting me get on. He saw me in the hotel lobby later that evening and inquired about how the tour went and wanted to know if I was pleased. Abel was not only helpful but courteous, friendly and seemed genuinely interested in my needs. Thank you Abel for making my lengthy stay feel a little more like "home".

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Westin Crystal City? Share your experiences!