“Loved it and felt very safe!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Crystal City

Save Saved
You added The Westin Crystal City to your Saves list
The Westin Crystal City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Sheraton Crystal City Hotel)   |
Ranked #8 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Melbourne
“Loved it and felt very safe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I chose to stay at the Sheraton based on trip advisor reviews and was far from disappointed! The room I was given was much larger than expected, especially for a standard room! All staff I encountered were friendly and happy to help, be it for directions, sightseeing ideas, transport information etc. This hotel is within walking distance to the Pentagon, Arlington cemetery and Airforce memorial. A free shuttle service will take you from the hotel to the nearest Metro station (5 minutes away) which will have you in DC within 10-15 minutes! The Capitals may have lost the game I was in town specifically to see but by staying at this hotel, I certainly didn't! Highly recommend staying here!

Oh and do order some room service, it's delicious and well priced!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

635 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
North Attleboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The staff were wonderful! Trudy answered the phone after I made my reservation online and was so helpful, informative and friendly. She answered all my questions and more!!! The rest of your employees, at the desk, door and shuttle driver were so helpful and pleasant.and polite! Our room was nice and clean. This was my first trip to DC and it was wonderful! When I come back I will stay at your hotel. Thank you so much! Trudy is the person that really helped me to decide to stay there. Please say hello to her for me and please give her a bonus! She deserves it.

Room Tip: all were wonderful
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I recenty checked into the Sheraton Crystal City Hotel where my social organization was having a holiday celebration. I have attended such functions in the past at other properties and it can be a nightmare from the check-in process to the actual event. That was not the case here. Upon entering the property,I was greeted and attended to by front desk clerk, Daniel. He made my check-in almost seemless while being pleasant and answering any questions I had. When he discovered I was with the party having the event, he quickly produced a welcome letter and itinerary of things to do during my stay. He was nice enough to offer and facilitate for me a late check out after I expressed some worry about checking out too early after the evening's festivities. I was able to go back to him a few more times regarding questions about property's restaurant and the ballrooms in which our event was being held. My room was immaculate and abundantly stocked with towels. My overall stay was pleasant and I would definitely stay again and recommend the property to friends as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
York, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed with my boyfriend for a weekend trip to DC. The front desk staff was unbelievably polite and helpful - I only regret that I didn't get her name to make sure her superiors know how wonderful she was. The concierge was also very helpful. Parking was easy. The hotel was impeccably clean, as was the room itself. The room was incredibly nice. The bed was extremely comfortable. My only complaint is that the elevators are very slow (at least they were when we stayed) but as long as we were patient, no issues. The metro station is convenient, and there is shopping/plenty of restaurants a short walk away. We will definitely return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Convenient location, the bed was divine (especially after a long day sitting in a training class). the staff was so welcoming and very cordial, especially Ranjit (front desk). Then I visited the Eads Lounge for dinner and the great customer service was delightful, I really enjoyed the wings. Overall a pleasant exeperience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I am a 27 year flight attendant with UAL which means I have spent 1/3 of my life in hotel rooms. On a night when other hotels were going to over charge me for a room I needed in middle of a cold rainy night I was fortunate to meet RANJIT at your front desk. He gave me a crew member discount which I have been fortunate to have as an airline employee. Being that I haven't found the perfect place to live yet, Ranjit and his co workers are where I plan to live until finding the perfect condo. From one employee who works daily with the public to another, thanks for making me feel at home Ranjit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I am a very frequent traveler to the DC area last night after a late arrival I was greeted at the front desk and treated fantastic thanks for a great job Ranjit. I will be staying at your hotel again on my next trip to the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Westin Crystal City? Share your experiences!