“Good hotel in Crystal City” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Ranked #8 of 48 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Frederiksberg, Denmark
“Good hotel in Crystal City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

A good hotel in central Crystal City. Nice and friendly staff with a good sense of service. The room seemed a bit "worn" and could do with a refurbishment - but it was large, and with an excellent view. Roomservice and cleaning standard was fine. Excellent large HD TV and complimentary WiFi. On the downside the room lacked a fridge (or minibar) and an ironing board + iron.
The hotel is a good choice for business travellers as wells as tourists. It is within easy walking distance to the excellent Washington Metro and close to the Reagan National Airport and the Pentagon City Mall.
The hotel is recommended.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing east has an excellent view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Julie Y, General Manager at Sheraton Crystal City Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear 806262,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Crystal City. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our staff’s friendly service. I did want to extend an apology that your guestroom lacked a fridge. The vast majority of our guestrooms come stocked with complimentary refrigerators. If you do return to our hotel, our front desk staff will work hard to accommodate any specific room requests.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Warmest Regards,
Julie Cashin Yeung, GM

633 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Saint Louis MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Had a pleasant stay here. The room was clean and the price was actually quite reasonable (AAA had a special that included parking - be sure to look for this!) The gentleman at the front desk (I believe his name was Daniel) was quite helpful from the outset. The room was clean and spacious. The hotel is RIGHT next to the Crystal City Metro station (which is so convenient).

I ended up having to extend my stay and Sara at the front desk was very helpful. ALL of the gentlemen at the bellhop desk went out of their way to be helpful with directions. They were warm and welcoming throughout my stay (always greeting me, asking me how the day was, asking me if I needed anything.) My only complaint is the internet connection - it is TERRIBLE . . .slower than dialup.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Lovely rooms lovely staff near the metro and bus links into Washington etc a couple of malls near by but very quite on a weekend due to it been very corporate round there but lovely hotel and service we were very happy !!

• Stayed September 2012
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Excellent assistance from the outstanding front desk clerk Ranjit got our stay off to a wonderful start, as did the truly excellent valet-bellman people. Negative was that the club lounge is closed on weekend -- we checked in on Friday, so that meant we did not get to enjoy the club. But Ranjit made sure to make up for that by giving us wonderful coupons for the hotel restaurant. We had dinner at the hotel casual restaurant-bar -- we received great service even though the hotel was a bit understaffed. The location and price were great -- this hotel is just a short Metro ride from DC yet the price was right. It is not a new hotel. But thanks to great effort by the waiter at dinner, the valet/bellman, and especially Ranjit, overall we were glad we stayed here.

Room Tip: Our room shared a wall with the lounge -- not good when someone turned up TV way too loud. Problem...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I've been to numerous places around the world (Brasil, Belize, Spain, France, Monaco, Italy, Greece, and Turkey) and stayed in some pretty rough looking hotels and some extremely nice ones. First, before my trip even began, my trip had been rescheduled the night before I left and the Sheraton Crystal City was more than accommodating in rescheduling my reservation to later in the week despite being within the "make changes get penalized/loose your money" time frame. Arriving at the Hotel, it has a modern feel to it as you walk into the lobby. I went to check-in and had to wait 5-10 minutes due to other guests checking in, no big deal (I've had to wait longer in other places). Upon checking in, quest services were extremely helpful and polite and upgraded me to their "Preferred Guest" floor and gave me a voucher to cover a meal in the restaurant as an apology for having to wait the mere 5-10 minutes. The room was very clean with a beautiful view of the Arlington area. Some of the furniture was a little beat up, mainly the desk, But those nicks and scrapes are inevitable in a hotel when you have business individuals and families running in and out. The location was great. I was there for business and wanted a quiet place to rest. There are some nice cafe's and restaurants around the corner for those who might want a little night life. There are also numerous shops in the crystal city "underground" which is connected to the Metro System. The Metro entrance is less than a block away. The bridge you walk under to get to the Metro entrance was very clean with artwork (glass pieces making flowers and what not) and is well lit. With all that said, the hotel is in a great location with extremely quick access to the metro and Reagan National Airport. The rooms were clean with some scuffs on some of the furniture (desk mostly) and baseboards. The bathroom was clean (and somewhat small, would be a tight fit for two people to be in there at the same time) with granite and plenty of water pressure and hot water. The service staff went out of their way to check with me every day to see if I needed anything taken care of (especially if I was leaving and still had the Quiet Please tag on the door). I would stay here again for business but if I was going for pleasure I would want to stay closer to downtown D.C. to be closer to all the attractions. I hope this review gives an honest, up-to-date, and non-extreme (good or bad) view to help other travelers who get tired of whiny travelers who seem to complain about everything little thing or those who praise the ground the hotel is built on.

Room Tip: Try signing up for their Preferred Guests Membership (Its Free) and see if they will place you on on...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My wife and I really enjoyed our one night stay and valued the hardwork to provide premium service to us as we celebrated our 6 year anniversary. We especially appreciated the excellent level of service displayed by Ranjii to get us all set up and for helping me surprise my wife. Could not have asked for a better hotel stay!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I was staying here as an extended stay while transitioning to the area for a new job. Jennifer was the only manager that was super nice and assisted me in the utmost courteous manner when I had a billing issue. The other desk attendants were super rude and snotty. One front desk manager named Ranjit walked into my room when I didn't answer right away. I yelled at him as I was undressed and he did not announce himself. When I went to the front desk to confront him about it, he denied it and questioned me like I was crazy. He treated me like a criminal when I had a minor credit card billing issue and talked down to me as if I was garbage. Jennifer was the only one that treated me nicely and even gave me some apartment hunting tips.

Room Tip: Lot of hallway noise but otherwise ok.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Julie Y, General Manager at Sheraton Crystal City Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Lisa W.

Thank you so much for staying at the Sheraton Crystal City. We strive to deliver the highest level of service to every guest that walks through our doors. I am very sorry you did not receive the level of service you expect and deserve. We will certainly use this experience as a training tool as we move forward.

I am very glad you were able to speak with Jennifer and that she was able to accommodate you and help you out during your relocation process. Again, I am sorry we did not meet your expectations and hope that you will try us in the future so that we can demonstrate our commitment to customer service.

Warmest Regards,
Julie Cashin Yeung, GM

Been to Sheraton Crystal City Hotel? Share your experiences!