“Great location in regard to airport and Metro” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Crystal City

Save Saved
You added The Westin Crystal City to your Saves list
The Westin Crystal City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202 (Formerly Sheraton Crystal City Hotel)   |
Ranked #8 of 47 hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oklahoma
“Great location in regard to airport and Metro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

The hotel is close to the airport and provides a free shuttle to and from the airport for guests. The Crystal City Metro stop was about a block and a half from the hotel and was very convenient. It is on the Blue and Yellow lines. Our first room was a handicapped room but the next morning when we complained, we were quickly changed to another room and hotel staff helped us move our luggage. We had a AAA package that included a full breakfast buffet which was terrific. There was fresh fruit, breads and pastries, scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, a special of the day like French toast or blintzes, dry cereals, oatmeal, etc. The concierge recommended a night tour which picked us up at the hotel and it was the best night tour of Washington, D.C. that I've ever taken.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

635 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
preston, uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

This hotel is situated about five miles from the tourist sites in DC proper and is close to the Pentagon. I am told there are no hotels within walking distance of the main sites.
As a plus though the hotel is very close to the metro and if you turn left outside the entrance, and walk five minutes to the 711 store, you will find many bars and restaurants on that street.
We ate one bar meal in the hotel. The food was OK and reasonably priced. However the waiter was new and did not understand the till, so service was a bit of a shambles.
The hotel bedrooms and bathrooms are excellent, with large comfortable beds.
Free internet, and apart from the bar, the staff were v good.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

This hotel is across from the Crystal City Metro stop so it was perfect for our daily trips into DC. The room was on the top floor so it was very quiet. Our room was a non-smoking room, however, the last night we were there it smelled as if someone smoked in our room. Not sure if it was coming from another room or the vents but it was pretty bad and did not help my allergies. There was also a minor billing error, but was cleared up quickly.

Pros: Comfy beds, clean and quiet, convenient location near metro, excellent service, free wi-fi, mini fridge.

Cons: Parking is pricey at $22-24 per day. I can't remember the exact rate.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

I'm usually a Hilton or Hyatt frequent stayer, and my stay at this Sheraton reaffirmed why. This hotel has Pros & Cons, and I'll list them out and you can decide for yourself what's important to you. I had to stay in a handicap-accessible room, so some of the things I found lacking might be due to that.

Pros: Awesome Beds, quiet room, great staff, convenient location, mini-fridge in room, great shower pressure, free Internet!

Cons: Decades-old thermostat that I couldn't figure out, so they had to bring a fan to my room (hint, the temps are way off, just turn it all the way down). Bathroom sink had no space for any toiletries. $24 parking (might be just b/c of the area). No free breakfast. Smaller TV, but at least it was LCD.

The parking and breakfast are the big things to me. I know some higher-end hotels charge for parking in all chains, but I really don't like it. I'll stick to my Homewood and Summerfield Suites.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

I suprised my 11 year old son with a trip to DC. Trying to save some $$ I decided to stay in Crystal City based on a reccomendation from a friend. The Sheraton in Crystal City exceeded my expectations on every account. The location of the hotel provides access to the Metro by just crossing the street. I also felt very safe walking across the street to and from the hotel at night with my son. The metro is within a huge mall which has many restaurants and stores. The staff was so very helpful, wether it be directions we needed or bottles of water, they were ready at all times to help us out and make us feel comfortable. We ordered room service one night and the food was delicious and reasonable. Upon leaving the hotel we missed the next shuttle by seconds, the hotel staff immediately pulled up another shuttle that hadn't been running to get us to the airport promptly. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

I decided to stay at this Starwood hotel (I am a loyal SPG member) because of the sky high prices at Washington, D.C. hotels. It was a good choice, mostly because:

1. free, frequent shuttle service to nearby DCA,
2. Metro 1/2 block away with swift connection to downtown Washington, D.C.,
3. lots of restaurants nearby, especially famous Kabob restaurant, and
4. Sheraton Club lounge, with free breakfast and 2 computers, to relax.

I liked this hotel. Rooms were large with standard Sheraton amenities. Relatively quiet which I require for a good night's sleep. Free coffee and water bottles to guests in the lobby, with 4 computers, was a nice touch. Friendly front desk staff and bellmen. 15th floor Club lounge breakfast was substantial as were finger food items in the evening. Definite thumbs up for this hotel. Nothing fancy, but Sheraton does it well.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 07 are across from ice machine
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Buffalo, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

Hotel is fine on the inside, the staff is fine as well. The problem is that there are constant protests outside of the hotel. The protest groups were as big as 50 people and they were screaming at the top of their lungs all morning and throughout the day. I asked the protesters what there gripe is with Sheraton...has something to do with forming a union. I have friends that live in the area, they say it goes on almost every day for over three years now. STAY AWAY IF YOU WANT TO SLEEP!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Been to The Westin Crystal City? Share your experiences!