“An elegant spot near the Pentagon” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$50 Shopping Credit, More
Ranked #9 of 47 hotels in Arlington
NE US
“An elegant spot near the Pentagon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

I spent a night here on business in July. This was the 3rd time or so that I’ve had brief business at this hotel. It was up the quality you would expect based on the brand name. They screwed up my room reservation (checked me in the night before I arrived & checked me out when I was still there), but everybody was friendly and they worked hard to be sure I was happy. Someone even went out to the adjacent mall to look for me when they discovered that my room was ready! Nice clean room. I had a view of the pentagon. Easy access to the Metro and attached to a mall. All told a nice place that I would gladly stay again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

522 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Dover, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

Me, my wife and two small children spent 3 nights here to have a getaway. The location is great. It is connected to a large indoor mall and metro that provides easy access into the city and all the tourist sites. The hotel lobby is small but well appointed. There is no real place to sit in the lobby or "hang out" as it literally is a hallway leading to a small open space where the check in desk is.

I upgrade (not for free) to a one bedroom suite and paid even more to be on the club level. I would highly recommend this. You are treated real well on the club level. There is non stop high quality food all throughout the day with personal service and catering. There is high quality coffee, liquor, newspapers, internet access etc....

The room itself was nice. It is large with 1 1/2 bath and a very comfortable bed.

The gym is well appointed. The pool is very small, cold and nothing to brag about. I would say that if you are not at the club level, then the hotel is just like any other 4 star. For your basic room, there is no free internet access. Also parking is very expensive and you are better off finding street parking. There is no "free" parking at the mall or other stores in the area as they all have paid parking.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

an hour after check in my bank called and said my credit card information had been stolen, since this was the only place i had used the card in many days it had to be someone at the hotel.When the manager was informed he simply said "oh that did not happen" thanks for looking into it for me.... when we opened the minibar someone's food was in there. very dirty, it took two calls to hotel and two hours to get this nasty food out of our room. I have had better stays at budget hotels. Stay away from this place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

We stayed here for a long weekend in DC. It was an excellent choice, a high-quality hotel right next to 2 Metro lines- this was a huge perk for us. It is much less expensive than many other comparable hotels in the District. Our room rate included breakfast. The breakfast was excellent and we had really great service, but I most likely wouldn't have eaten here if not included in our rate. It's very pricey, like at all Ritzes.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Lynchburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

I stayed with my husband and another couple. When we checked in I asked for out room upgrade that is part of their partnership with Merrill Lynch credit card. They asked if I had proof of this arrangement. I could not believe this is not something in their system since this is a perk for high level card members. Obviously, I don't travel with my package of credit card amenities so I told them to forget it if they didn't want to trouble themselves with checking on it.
We also woke up the next morning with bug bites. I don't know what it was but we did inform them of this and they did close down the room and had it checked out. They said there was nothing there. No compensation was offered to us regarding this even after I inquired.
On the up side there was a very kind desk clerk( a man) who gave great directions.
It was close to the metro but that is about the only good thing. The mall is not so hot either.
The hotel is overpriced and you are paying for the name and that is it. I much prefer to stay somewhere else for half the price.
We travel a lot to DC and have friends who do also and I will steer them all clear of this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
southern california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

I can't say enough about the service and how great they treat everyone. The room was beautiful and clean. I stayed at a few other hotels on this trip and the Ritz was hands down the best. The hotel embodies elegance and service.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

Stayed at the property one night. I highly recommend the Club Level. Teriffic, warm and welcoming service. Room is super clean. My wife declared it to be the "best" hotel bed ever!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City? Share your experiences!